Daytona Appreciation - Post Your Daytona Pics & Opinion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SKnight View Post
    dharma Tony Clifton what are your views on the Noob 116519ln dial with respect to arf/gen??
    I agree with Tony Clifton , 116519 Noob is really amazing......the best Daytona Rep in the market (imho)

Comment

Originally posted by dharma View Post

I agree with Tony Clifton , 116519 Noob is really amazing......the best Daytona Rep in the market (imho)
      Just to add my 2 cents, the 116519LN is absolutely incredible! I have the Noob V1 so it doesn’t have the easy link. I’m considering ordering the V3 for the better bezel and easylink Oysterflex, then I’ll mod this version.

Comment

Don't you think that the Noob116509 dial (Gray/Black = Panda steel) looks better than 116519 ?
        aren't they supposed to be the same ?

Comment

Originally posted by DrMaRcO View Post
          Don't you think that the Noob116509 dial (Gray/Black = Panda steel) looks better than 116519 ?
          aren't they supposed to be the same ?
          Unfortunately this watch has two big flaws compared to the 116519:

- the steele bezel Noob uses is shit, the engravings are to thin and shallow, use the wrong font with the "Units Per Hour" lettering and the filling paint is shiny and not matte.
          - the endlinks are totally wrong and an easy tell at wrist distance. Noob uses the same endlinks like the Stainless steele versions, whilst the WG endlinks should protrude slightly from the case.

The dial however is the same top Quality as used in the 116519. Furthermore the weight issue becomes much more prominent as this watch has a full bracelet and should weight About 215 grams if it is gen. The Noob weights About 135 grams. With the Oysterflex 116519 the weight difference is about 40 grams and not that noticable.

Comment

I have read in various interventions that 116519 is considered wonderful ... but in my opinion the dial font is totally different! a 116520 black arf dial is closer to the GEN ... demonstration photo (also SEL are different) ....
            WTB
            AP Royal Oak Offshore Rubblerclad V2 JF

Comment

....seems to be not so different, imho....what’s di u think guys??

Comment

waiting to real photo of owner
                WTB
                AP Royal Oak Offshore Rubblerclad V2 JF

Comment

ARF V2. Also for sale on forum.

Comment

@Tony Clifton The 116519ln was my very first rep and first introduction to the rep game. As you mentioned it is stunning, ever since ive had it I cant stop looking at it!!

With respect to the flaw you are referng to, I see it and i dont in my dial relative to gen or what I think are gen dials.

Let me try and explain, I have the v3 and the "o" doesnt seem to be as perfectly round, its ever so slightly thicker on the right side bottom.
                    I've tried to compare images of my dial, with numerous gen, or what i believe are gen, images from google/ insta.

The results ive found to be inconclusive regarding the flaw, meaning relative to most images it seems to be almost no different. I was wondering if anyone has had the same exerperience. Could it be they fixed the printing in the v3??

Oops, just saw dharma s comparison, and seems hes reached a similar conclusion!
                    Last edited by SKnight; 14-10-20, 22:08.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Divers,Chronos and Coffee

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Divers,Chronos and Coffee

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Clifton View Post

Unfortunately this watch has two big flaws compared to the 116519:

- the steele bezel Noob uses is shit, the engravings are to thin and shallow, use the wrong font with the "Units Per Hour" lettering and the filling paint is shiny and not matte.
                          - the endlinks are totally wrong and an easy tell at wrist distance. Noob uses the same endlinks like the Stainless steele versions, whilst the WG endlinks should protrude slightly from the case.

The dial however is the same top Quality as used in the 116519. Furthermore the weight issue becomes much more prominent as this watch has a full bracelet and should weight About 215 grams if it is gen. The Noob weights About 135 grams. With the Oysterflex 116519 the weight difference is about 40 grams and not that noticable.

Thx for the details.

Do you think it's conceivable to find a gen steel bezel ? as far as i know, CF only make ceramic ones, am i wrong ?
                          Last edited by DrMaRcO; 15-10-20, 01:59.

Comment

Originally posted by DrMaRcO View Post

Thx for the details.

Do you think it's conceivable to find a gen steel bezel ? as far as i know, CF only make ceramic ones, am i wrong ?
                            A gen 116520 steele bezel for a White Gold model is not correct, as the WG and SS bezels have different markings. So the only options you have is to buy a Gen one (About 1,5k and higher) or go with an aftermarket one form watchesparts.com.

They are quite good but come form the USA and cost about 190 USD including shipping to Europe.
                            Last edited by Tony Clifton; 15-10-20, 06:58.

Comment

thank you for correcting me Tony Clifton , of course it's a WG bezel and not a SS one...

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X