• Show
Clear All

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

Noob arf band ceramic white
      Noob arf band ceramic black
      All noob ss white
      R factory TT slate
      Always admired the Daytona and its wrist presence, once having the noob next to Rfac you can really appreciate what noob has done with the 4130, smooth winding and full chrono’s are so Rfac like!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Divers,Chronos and Coffee

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by dharma View Post
            V3 with arf bezel ?

Comment

Originally posted by Bebew 78 View Post

V3 with arf bezel ?
              Looks like Gen dial and Gen bezel to me. Simply beautiful!

Comment

Originally posted by Plucks View Post

Is that 116713 gen?

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Clifton View Post

Looks like Gen dial and Gen bezel to me. Simply beautiful!
                  Yes, mate, exactly.....a great eye!

Comment

Originally posted by Silverg View Post

Is that 116713 gen?
                    Well spotted yes it’s gen.

Comment

Yes, mate, exactly.....a great eye!
                      Thanks mate!

I Always look at the number "3" on the bezel and the "A" in the Daytona writing to determine if a 116520 is Gen or not.
                      In all steele Rep bezels the curving of the 3 goes not high enough compared to Gen. With the dials Noob and ARF all use the 116500 font for the Daytona writing and not the Serif font of the 116520.
                      If you are trained to look out for these "tells" (and you have a big fat loupe or can zoom in your monitor like crazy) you can spot the differences between Rep and Gen really easy.

In the real world at wrist distance and without holding the watch 10 cm in front of my eyes I would not be able to tell the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Clifton View Post

Thanks mate!

I Always look at the number "3" on the bezel and the "A" in the Daytona writing to determine if a 116520 is Gen or not.
                        In all steele Rep bezels the curving of the 3 goes not high enough compared to Gen. With the dials Noob and ARF all use the 116500 font for the Daytona writing and not the Serif font of the 116520.
                        If you are trained to look out for these "tells" (and you have a big fat loupe or can zoom in your monitor like crazy) you can spot the differences between Rep and Gen really easy.

In the real world at wrist distance and without holding the watch 10 cm in front of my eyes I would not be able to tell the difference.
                        Thanks for your tips, i appreciate them very much! I have a ARF dial too, and i have to say is very very close to gen.....noob is orrible ;-)

Comment

dharma Tony Clifton what are your views on the Noob 116519ln dial with respect to arf/gen??
                          Last edited by SKnight; 13-10-20, 12:45.

Comment

Thanks for your tips, i appreciate them very much! I have a ARF dial too, and i have to say is very very close to gen.....noob is orrible ;-)
                            I also have two Noob 116520 Hybrids with ARF dials (black and white). Except the wrong font of the Daytona (which is so tiny and hard to see without a loupe) over the 6 o`clock subdial they are great. Except us crazy guys no one (except some hardcore Rolex Daytona experts) will ever notice this difference. Some say the subdial printing of the numbers on the ARF Dial is to thick, but it does not bother me at all. The 116520s have many dial variatons (although the Daytona font is always with Serifs) so that the ARF dial might pass of as a variation over the years.

However I will change out my ARF V2 bezels to Gen ones. Although the ARF V2 is the best rep bezel you can get at the moment it does not compare to the Gen. The GEN is much flatter and has deeper laser etched numbers. For me the bezel makes the 116520!

Comment

Here is a Picture (courtesy of an other member of RWI) where you can see the differences in the shape of the number "3". I marked them in blue circles.
                              The red markings are from the original photo and should demonstrate that the bezel markings are too close to the rim of the bezel. But this is not completely true as different Batches of Gen bezels also have differing positions of the markings.

Comment

Originally posted by SKnight View Post
                                dharma Tony Clifton what are your views on the Noob 116519ln dial with respect to arf/gen??
                                In my opinion the Noob 116519 is the best Daytona dial Noob produces. It is stunning. The Noob dial has a very minor flaw compared to Gen: The "O" in Rolex is to round. Some call it the "Donut" O. But this flaw is very minimal and not detectable without a loupe. I have on 116519 which is getting curently a CF bezel and a transparent Crystal gasket. The weight is off by About 40 grams.

Get the watch, it is beautiful. I am also planning to put a 116519 dial in a 116500 to wear it on the bracelet. Your TD should get the dial alone if you are a good customer with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X