• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF Yachtmaster 116655 Rose Gold

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
I had the ARF and sold it on to raise funds for another watch. However I have just placed an order for the 2018 release from ARF (beat-rate 28800). People will argue about the slight differences and you could be persuaded to purchase Noob rather than ARF but each to their own. Noob has not done a release since 2016 and I don't know if there is one in the pipeline. All that said I was extremely pleased with the ARF and the details on the watch so that is why I have again placed another order (this time to keep).

I advise to wait for noob you will sell it again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: canariasproducts

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
I had the ARF and sold it on to raise funds for another watch. However I have just placed an order for the 2018 release from ARF (beat-rate 28800). People will argue about the slight differences and you could be persuaded to purchase Noob rather than ARF but each to their own. Noob has not done a release since 2016 and I don't know if there is one in the pipeline. All that said I was extremely pleased with the ARF and the details on the watch so that is why I have again placed another order (this time to keep).

How is ARF rubber strap? Is it very short?

machim

19/7/17
To be honest, For me I care more about the finishing of the watch. 90% of people don’t care about what flaw we are seeing, but they hold the watch with smooth and solid feeling, the feeling of 20k watch. ARF win over Noob 10 times. You just need to invest in gen crystal and gen dw. You would have perfect feeling gen watch.

i have couple of noob high end version, all the edge are not smooth and feel so sharp.

Reactions: Gio-Spi

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
To be honest, For me I care more about the finishing of the watch. 90% of people don’t care about what flaw we are seeing, but they hold the watch with smooth and solid feeling, the feeling of 20k watch. ARF win over Noob 10 times. You just need to invest in gen crystal and gen dw. You would have perfect feeling gen watch.

i have couple of noob high end version, all the edge are not smooth and feel so sharp.

Agree , let’s see coming Noob , JF ARF Have Gen that’s why more Gen like

Gio-Spi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/6/18
How is ARF rubber strap? Is it very short?

Unfortunately yes. I have ordered a rubber strap by noob and will put it on my ARF. One thing is certain: YM by ARF is wonderful (except for Date wheel).

Gio-Spi

14/6/18

You could tell me where I can buy a gen crystal? I find this web site https://www.watchmaterial.com/ but I don’t know which is the correct crystal.

canariasproducts

8/7/18
Agree , let’s see coming Noob , JF ARF Have Gen that’s why more Gen like

Really am watching and following this thread, if ARF or Noob comes with a Super Rep of the 116655 i need to have it! So let's stay tuned everyone who is interested as well :) Do we need to open a new thread on this subject?

Reactions: WatchaholicMallorca

beau7816

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/9/16
UK Devon
The ARF strap is quite long and has cut areas to cut to size. As long as you are not considering fitting to one of your guns you should be fine.

Sent from the RWI App

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
The ARF strap is quite long and has cut areas to cut to size. As long as you are not considering fitting to one of your guns you should be fine.

Sent from the RWI App

Are you sure you are talking about ARF version?
In all pics and videos I’ve seen of ARF strap is extreamly short and there are no areas to cut to size.
it was also confirmed by people who received the watch.

tr573

Renowned Member
17/10/11

Sent from the RWI App

it does not. the ones you can cut are not gen-like, and they are not on the ARF YM or Daytonas.

The ARF YM has 2 65mm (approx) pieces, it's very short. The ARF Daytonas have a 65mm and an 80mm (approx) piece. The daytona one is just barely big enough for me, but too tight and I didn't like it. The YM one wouldn't even fit over my fingers to get to my wrist in the first place. Both are wearing extra oyster bracelet links now, 1 on the daytona, and 2 on the YM.

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
it does not. the ones you can cut are not gen-like, and they are not on the ARF YM or Daytonas.

The ARF YM has 2 65mm (approx) pieces, it's very short. The ARF Daytonas have a 65mm and an 80mm (approx) piece. The daytona one is just barely big enough for me, but too tight and I didn't like it. The YM one wouldn't even fit over my fingers to get to my wrist in the first place. Both are wearing extra oyster bracelet links now, 1 on the daytona, and 2 on the YM.

What size is your wrist?
im wondering if getting Noob rubber strap is a good option.
its crazy ARF didn’t make a couple of sizes.

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
690340742256889ae34a9e32545af0a3.jpg

62c73b0f44e61c82e59e64791cd24890.jpg

a1821152c150f71fba2da7b99aaaae41.jpg

5f8194f21e24d8c23bc6ff3e690c5e62.jpg

51ff1d30ea1d05f17fbc0d65b910406a.jpg

Noob QC’s. Already accepted

tr573

Renowned Member
17/10/11
What size is your wrist?
im wondering if getting Noob rubber strap is a good option.
its crazy ARF didn’t make a couple of sizes.

They did for the the daytona version (which they didn't put a metal band in like the gen) but not this one. Sucks .

I'm a bit over 7.5"

patient_person

Looking Around
13/7/18
I'm liking the "custom" steel one with red seconds hand better than the more official gold version. Am waiting to hear back on proper strap lengths for my 7" wrist.