• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen hulk vs noob v9 vs arf

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
On wrist either one of these inserts would not get you called out .I would take either insert.i think the v9 insert colour is a bit closer to gen watching the vid and looking at the screenshots. The arf insert is lovely but it's seems a tiny bit little too light and the v9 is a little too dark.but I'm ordering a noob v9 soon and I will be happy with the v9 insert I for now .the arf insert numbers and font looks nicer to me though the colour of the platinum looks pretty good so if I take that into account then the arf insert is actually better than the v9. But I don't like the gap above the pearl on the arf though that need to be fixed .I wonder if they so have noticed that flaw.

Reactions: electric

71bucks

18/5/10
What a great thread! Thank you so much, smoke. Makes me comfortable with my V9 Hulk decision; I'm gonna post tons of pictures when it arrives (hopefully this weekend).

SmartyPants

18/5/17
Some points taken from the video.

1. The arf is closer in weight to Gen as compared to noob
2. The arf bezel insert is better
3. Arf has slightly fatter minutes hands as compared to gen and noob
4. The arf has the same thickness to gen (12.5) while noob has a 13mm (though it may due to him measuring the one with A2836)
5. Arf has higher date magnification compared to Gen while noob has lower date magnification compared to gen.

So do you think the ARF in the video is the SH3135 version?

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
5mm is what a meant, not half a millimeter. But yes, it's extremely noticeable. Always thought that my Noob V7 looks somewhat weird on my wrist.

Are you high? 12.5 vs 13 is a difference of .5mm not 5mm. This is immensely, hardly noticeable to the naked eye let alone on wrist.

Hans81

23/2/15
5mm is what a meant, not half a millimeter. But yes, it's extremely noticeable. Always thought that my Noob V7 looks somewhat weird on my wrist.

The difference between 13mm and 12.5mm is 0.5 mm - almost nothing!

SmartyPants

18/5/17
Are you high? 12.5 vs 13 is a difference of .5mm not 5mm. This is immensely, hardly noticeable to the naked eye let alone on wrist.

Of course it is. 0.5mm is comparable to the diameter difference between a 44mm and a 42mm watch. Even the difference between the Noob GMT Master 2 and the Sub is immense if we're speaking about thickness.

Reactions: electric

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Of course it is. 0.5mm is comparable to the diameter difference between a 44mm and a 42mm watch. Even the difference between the Noob GMT Master 2 and the Sub is immense if we're speaking about thickness.

Which is the thin and which is the thick one here?

b45f11a15a2a7933cd381d9a319d179d.jpg
b24c62803b617b15b6a75cbc069d7d6e.jpg

Bobertsawesome

Horology Curious
6/6/18
So what do you all think? If I'm planning to buy the YG 116613LB, would the ARF MAX be the closest I can get to that watch? I'm thinking I might mod it for a gen insert at some point.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17

44 and 42 mm watches would be different watches altogether. Its not comparable to a .5mm difference on the same watch which can only be viewed in profile.

Hans81

23/2/15
Thanks for this comparison. Would be highly appreciated if someone could do the same with the LN.

FarewellFire

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/10/17
Am I the only one who have noted the fatter font used on the word "Submariner" on the new v9? Is this supposed to reflect an update on the latest GEN's (if so I couldn't see it on Rolex.com).

71bucks

18/5/10
I think I'm noticing that on the gen in bright light the dial mostly stays dark with just a streak lighting up bright green; the bezel lights up to an apple green and is much lighter than most of the dial.

On the reps in bright light the whole dial lights up bright green; the bezel lights up close to the gen but unlike the gen the bezel and dial are close to the same brightness/color.

A V9 is on its way to me so I'll get to see it in person soon.

Reactions: Nivka

71bucks

18/5/10
So what do you all think? If I'm planning to buy the YG 116613LB, would the ARF MAX be the closest I can get to that watch? I'm thinking I might mod it for a gen insert at some point.

Why would you post this in a thread about hulks?

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
To be fair they are both decent attempts.

The Noob case is much closer.

Neither have quite got the insert right, Noobs is a touch dark and the engravings are too white.

ARF’s engravings are good and it’s nice and light but the saturations not right, basically it’s not green enough.

The crystals have come a long way in the last couple of years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DC109