• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen hulk vs noob v9 vs arf

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Here
1mJKg8F.jpg

nftWuSP.jpg

t97Zo69.jpg

xOFl2GJ.jpg

PVmJy4Q.jpg

zpblXcM.jpg

ZFPlPby.jpg

F8OKlsC.jpg

kQ3cVkE.jpg

https://m.youku.com/video/id_XMzYyNz...eF2a&ishttps=1

vid link

Last edited:

marco130

Renowned Member
29/2/08
Thank you Smoke. After all this time and all the posts I’ve read it’s good to see these side by side comparisons. I’ve decided to have a little patience for these two to evolve and settle in. I’m definitely going to buy one of these. It seems that both have them strengths and I will wait to see when consistency and any additional evolution that is made. Either way it’s a good rep.
Thanks again for your time and effort.

Reactions: electric

stilo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/5/13
So what's the verdict Smoke, which one is the better version, ARF or Noob?

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
The noob v9 and arf inserts are ever so slight diffent shade of green the arf looks a bit lighter than the v9.both inserts looks great.both are ever so slightly wrong compared to the gen but is getting real close now

the are insert green reminds me a bit of the logo Luis scammers insert

it's a tuff choice on what insert I prefer the v9 or the arf insert
they are both great and i would be happy with either insert

boonnn

Known Member
29/10/16
Some points taken from the video.

1. The arf is closer in weight to Gen as compared to noob
2. The arf bezel insert is better
3. Arf has slightly fatter minutes hands as compared to gen and noob
4. The arf has the same thickness to gen (12.5) while noob has a 13mm (though it may due to him measuring the one with A2836)
5. Arf has higher date magnification compared to Gen while noob has lower date magnification compared to gen.

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13

4. The arf has the same thickness to gen (12.5) while noob has a 13mm (though it may due to him measuring the one with A2836)
5. Arf has higher date magnification compared to Gen while noob has lower date magnification compared to gen.

They are arf shills in the video.they are just trying to promote it

nikoel

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/16
smoke

Mate, are there dull and bright gen LV inserts??? I have seen only a few in the wild but nearly all of them were really bright apple green. Like the picture bellow. No way the gen in that video is anywhere near the same shade. It's my number 1 annoyance with the hulk reps. After watching that video I'm a bit stumped as the ARF looks even brighter than the gen. Do you know what's up

Rolex-Submariner-116610LV-In-Green-aBlogtoWatch-18.jpg

Reactions: By159

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
No there are not dull and bright gen inserts .they are all bright air dull depending on the light

nikoel

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/16
No there are not dull and bright gen inserts .they are all bright air dull depending on the light

Thanks mate. Do you think the Gen in the video may not have a genuine insert?

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12

Good details. The mag issue is not huge, since as several gen owners have pointed out, R fac has used crystals that vary. But as for a comparison between both models, at least until ARF releases a 3135 version, there's no comparison. CGs and crown position on the 2824 ARF are way off. No point worrying about date mag and insert engraving when the case is a major unfixable tell.

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
Thanks mate. Do you think the Gen in the video may not have a genuine insert?

I’m saying it has a gen insert, it shines so much more than the rep inserts do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
Just going to throw this in here - its almost pointless making comparison of the insert colour on a video / picture.

Theres a lot about the gen which cant be shown that way.

Anyone who has seen / owned a real one will know what I mean.

Reactions: phdsjain