• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Assembly daitonas arf, noob and gen dial

phdsjain

I'm Pretty Popular
6/3/14
Can you also comment on the rehaut depth on the Noob vs ARF? I think it might be the photos but Noob rehaut looked too deep vs gen/ ARF.

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
0950b62c20a9620597473fe3652e06fe.jpg

:)

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

That is lovely!

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: Johnny Depp

faberone

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/5/12
Hi johnny, what about the lume of the hands? Noob lume is blue?

FiliGelli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
11/2/17
EU
That watch will be mine!
Johnny knows it.
he will sell it to me on another well known forum because here someone stopped his passion/job...anyway we have a lot of ways for doing it.
you will miss member like him...but now it's too late....

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
I don‘t agree at all to this. The case of the noob daytona rep is wrong. What you should do is take the ARF case incl Bracelet, add the pushers from the noob to the ARF case, put the noob movement into the ARF case ( your friend in Germany would love to do it) and of course add the gen dial to the movement. I have tried to add the ARF bracelet to the noob case and I rather use the noob bracelet on it. It fits but with 0.2 mm space. Now here is a pic of the 2 cases.....build your own mind but ARF is more gen like!

d5096619483b6ba4cf3c6e7ffc0995e2.jpg

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk

Reactions: k4jun

Longwood

6/11/17
Florida
I can’t wait to see someone install the noob movement in arf case. How ever it won’t be fun opening the car and moving the crown insert.

Johnny Depp

WATCHMAKER
Gold Patron
Certified
30/12/14
ITALY
I don‘t agree at all to this. The case of the noob daytona rep is wrong. What you should do is take the ARF case incl Bracelet, add the pushers from the noob to the ARF case, put the noob movement into the ARF case ( your friend in Germany would love to do it) and of course add the gen dial to the movement. I have tried to add the ARF bracelet to the noob case and I rather use the noob bracelet on it. It fits but with 0.2 mm space. Now here is a pic of the 2 cases.....build your own mind but ARF is more gen like!

d5096619483b6ba4cf3c6e7ffc0995e2.jpg

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk

guru I do not know...I will try to take a daytona gen of a friend of mine and see the 2 cases

Gillesss

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/5/18
I’m really excited for a slim daytona but gonna wait a while and see everything out before I buy

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: Arigab

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
I can’t wait to see someone install the noob movement in arf case. How ever it won’t be fun opening the car and moving the crown insert.

I don’t think is possible: the ARF is made for a 7750 and the pushers are angled in a different way, so they won’t work on the 4130.

Marius13

23/9/14
Albania
what about ... the movement is awesome, a real like gen !!!
if you change the bridge with the barbell and unrecognizable

Changing the balance bridge is not that easy, we are talking about two different regulating systems, Gen uses microstella screws on the balance wheel. And still the rep movement is recognizable because it lacks a movement serial number. About the case, the model that you have selected has 116500 engraved instead of the correct 116520.

Still a great watch. Ottimo lavoro !

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Johnny Depp

Yellobird

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/15
I think the rehaut is too deep and this is very important on the daytona.

also, why are chrono hands mounted so high (with such significant cleareance from the dial)?

nikoel

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/16
I think the rehaut is too deep and this is very important on the daytona.

also, why are chrono hands mounted so high (with such significant cleareance from the dial)?

In regards to the hands, I do not think they are mate. These photos are macros on steroids. On the genuine the second hand cuts straight through the middle of the rehaut. Which Mr Depp's appear to be doing - and If it's difficult to tell at these magnifications, then good luck seeing it irl. You're right though, on the Noob they appear higher,

Also the minute hand needs to clear the minute markers. Which once again, at those magnifications are decently sized bricks. The minute hand appears to clear those markers by no more than the thickness of the bricks. All in all, this confirms [to me] that the spacing is on point

Here are a couple of photos of the gen to highlight what I'm saying

daytonapara2a1.jpg

rolex-daytona-m-serie-2008-rehaut.jpg

Reactions: ssouthall6

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Nice. Did u try gen hand on this movement?

On another thread someone posted that the gen hands all fit except for the chrono seconds which has to be pinched as the hole is too big

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jojo88

Renowned Member
19/3/15
On another thread someone posted that the gen hands all fit except for the chrono seconds which has to be pinched as the hole is too big

Thanks for the info

d4v3

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
20/3/13
Johnny Depp Awesome pictures mate the review is excellent ,I really like all the light that you share over the rep movements, back in time in the threads about the SA3135 and Yuki 3135 dimensions with pictures, thanks for sharing all this info.

Wanted to ask if you can comment about the stem height of the noob movement and the different cases:
Do you need to heavily mod the cases to take the movement?
Does the movement takes the gen dial without cutting the feet.?
Does the caseback are interchangeable or modding them is needed
best regards

Johnny Depp

WATCHMAKER
Gold Patron
Certified
30/12/14
ITALY
Johnny Depp Awesome pictures mate the review is excellent ,I really like all the light that you share over the rep movements, back in time in the threads about the SA3135 and Yuki 3135 dimensions with pictures, thanks for sharing all this info.

Wanted to ask if you can comment about the stem height of the noob movement and the different cases:
Do you need to heavily mod the cases to take the movement?
Does the movement takes the gen dial without cutting the feet.?
Does the caseback are interchangeable or modding them is needed
best regards

d4v3 hello friend!

For caseback it is necessary to remove the plate and the rotor to make arf

The movement sh4130 by noob
The dial gen fit without cutting the feet

The case noob is very good

shortly I will post Jan 116520 and my NOOB 4130 mod

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

electric

I'm Pretty Popular
14/11/12
Thank you so much!!! I just want to ask. The movement is an actual 4130 clone like the Yuki is to a 3135?