• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Advice on Dssd reps

WOTS

Known Member
8/8/17
That is about the best one you can buy from what i have read. If you want to wait a little they might comeout with the latest version that Rolex just released. In my opinion it look alot nicer than the earlier version

[video]https://www.rolex.com/watches/baselworld/new-rolex-deepsea/m126660-0002.html[/video]

You mean the one with the wider bracelet? I went to our nearby Rolex AD yesterday to try out if my wrist could actually fit the size of the watch, and the lady told me that Rolex just released a new version with a 2mm wider bracelet, they only had one D-Blue with the old bracelet I could try.

Sent from the RWI App

auskip07

18/9/14
You mean the one with the wider bracelet? I went to our nearby Rolex AD yesterday to try out if my wrist could actually fit the size of the watch, and the lady told me that Rolex just released a new version with a 2mm wider bracelet, they only had one D-Blue with the old bracelet I could try.

Sent from the RWI App

yes wider bracelet and narrower lugs I think it looks dimensionally more appropriate for the size of watch

WOTS

Known Member
8/8/17
yes wider bracelet and narrower lugs I think it looks dimensionally more appropriate for the size of watch

I agree. I hope they will replicate it soon. I really want the watch, and going to the store yesterday didn’t help my patience. Also I don’t know if you know this but, what’s the SH3135 movement like? As far as I know that is the one where you can fit gen parts if anything breaks. But what is the stock movement like?

Sent from the RWI App

auskip07

18/9/14
I agree. I hope they will replicate it soon. I really want the watch, and going to the store yesterday didn’t help my patience. Also I don’t know if you know this but, what’s the SH3135 movement like? As far as I know that is the one where you can fit gen parts if anything breaks. But what is the stock movement like?

Sent from the RWI App

Its a rep movement of the Rolex 3135. i believe it does take some gen parts. i have one and i like it alot. most of the people who got early ones got ones that were temperamental. That hasnt been my experience

rivethead1096

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/8/16
auskip07 I agree with the older SH3135... but the great thing about that movement is once you start swapping out GEN parts with it, they become extremely reliable. I have one in my JF 16610 with Gen reversers and it works like a dream.
WOTS I currently have a super rep 116660 from Noob, but like anything else the more you mod it the happier you'll be with your watch (I'm super OCD about the details hence I keep modding them till I feel like it's perfect in my world)... Since I have a few Gen Rolex watches I didn't mind the DSSD with the A2824 that it came with since swapping it out with an ETA 2824 would be really easy to source... Also since it's a rather large watch it wasn't something I would wear all the time so having the 'high beat' wasn't going to bother me with the 2824... After having it for a few months I swapped out the A2836 and dropped in an ETA2824 and a WSO990 gen spec crystal... now the downside is the bracelet clasp is terrible on the Noob due to a gap where the clasp closes... so currently I'm the hunt for a better Glidelock clasp....

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
I ordered the ARF black 116660 with SH 3135 Movement.

I think it’s the way to go. If the Movement brakes you can change to gen parts and get a very great Movement with gen reversing wheels.

The Hands, Ceramic insert, Bracelet is way more better than the Noob! Caseshape is better on the Noob but who cares? me not. :p

I ordered a D-Blue Dial from Noob and a Datedisc from Noob. These parts are better than the ARF.

I will also fully press the crystal in and center the OGEV Ring.

After that it’s a perfect rep and imo the best Version of the DSSD.

WOTS

Known Member
8/8/17
I ordered the ARF black 116660 with SH 3135 Movement.

I think it’s the way to go. If the Movement brakes you can change to gen parts and get a very great Movement with gen reversing wheels.

The Hands, Ceramic insert, Bracelet is way more better than the Noob! Caseshape is better on the Noob but who cares? me not. :p

I ordered a D-Blue Dial from Noob and a Datedisc from Noob. These parts are better than the ARF.

I will also fully press the crystal in and center the OGEV Ring.

After that it’s a perfect rep and imo the best Version of the DSSD.

Have you had any experience with the SH3135 movement? I have heard quite mixed opinions on it, and since I have never had any reps before I have no real opinion on it yet. I just don’t wanna buy a movement that’s gonna last a week or so and then break down

Sent from the RWI App