• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Who makes the best sub at the moment?

Who makes the best sub at the moment?

• NOOB Submariner V9

Votes: 25 49.0%
  • NOOB Submariner V8S

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • ARF Submariner

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • VRF Submariner

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • GMF Submariner

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jaykay47

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/3/18
Just want to get a basic consensus of everyones opinion on what they think is the best submariner on the market right now.
With ARF, GMF, VRF and 50 iterations that NOOB released in the past two weeks it would be interesting to know what flaws trump others and what priorties everyone has on the features that each model gets right.
Try to explain why you picked what you voted for. Lets get a good discussion thread goin here!

Funtimezz

18/1/16
Just want to get a basic consensus of everyones opinion on what they think is the best submariner on the market right now.
With ARF, GMF, VRF and 50 iterations that NOOB released in the past two weeks it would be interesting to know what flaws trump others and what priorties everyone has on the features that each model gets right.
Try to explain why you picked what you voted for. Lets get a good discussion thread goin here!

I see what you did there...clever way of asking "who has the best sub" eh? ;)

Jaykay47

26/3/18
I see what you did there...clever way of asking "who has the best sub" eh? ;)

lol i may or may not use the information of the polls to influence my decision however i realized the potential of a poll like this and the great discussions that would endure and felt it was my responsibility to post. Also honestly i think it would be really interesting to see what the general opinion is and who knows maybe the factories will use information here to develop any new watches theyre working on.

trash

Horology Curious
19/3/18
India
I have been scratching my head and lost half of my hair thinking about this for the last few days. Eagerly waiting for the poll results.

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
OP, are you looking for the best sub for enjoying it out of the box (no mods)? or as a base for the franken?

Reactions: mich.bal

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
It’s a bit early at the moment.

The new ARF, people are only just getting QC pictures as far as I know no one has actually received it yet.

Also it’s only the A2825 the SH3135 has not been released.

Noob Seem to be tweaking their 904 offering but again all we have is a few dealers pictures.

You really need to wait until people start receiving them or take the plunge yourself.

To be honest they both look good in my eye.

All reps have flaws it will come down to personal taste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jaykay47

26/3/18
OP, are you looking for the best sub for enjoying it out of the box (no mods)? or as a base for the franken?

Poll is based on the merits o the standalone watch. if it were gonna stay that way forever which one would you pick basically

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
Poll is based on the merits o the standalone watch. if it were gonna stay that way forever which one would you pick basically

GMF uses an old BP bezel insert which is quite instant tell. You can't really replace this insert in the easy way, hence GMF is out.
ARF and VRF do use A2824/38 movement, what makes the crownguards wrong. Both are out at least until they introduce the 3135 case.
So far only one TD enlisted v8s and another one enlisted v9.
v9 looks more promising, so keep your eye on any live photos.

Just think which flaws are the deal-breaker for you, and which are the one you can accept.
Each replica will have some flaws, without the modding - it is only up to you which flaws can be "unseen".

Last edited:

Steelwatch

5/12/16
Like k4jun said, every Rep has a flaw. ARF seem to have good SEL, eben better than Noob? Rehaut is better at the Noob. I only compair the Pictures at the InTime Website of the ARF and Noob with 2824 for 480USD. I prefere the SEL but who knows if I get one with perfekt SEL?