• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob v9 just appeared

farzin1994

Horology Curious
17/6/17
So if i want the best black sub ootb and i don’t want to mod it, then i should buy the noob v9 a2836 right?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Guys, I'm sorry if this goes kind of off-topic, but can anyone tell me a TD with the v9 that accepts paypal? Even if I need to make a purchase with other payment method before using paypal. Im desperate, my usual TD accepts paypal but he doesnt have a date for the V9.

Lmao. how can you be desperate?!

GaijinG

Horology Curious
9/5/18
Texas USA
I wish I had the money to buy one of these fukkas I want to review it in serious detail

smoke I'd be willing to let you review my one and send it on, if you could help me with the QC and ensure its a good example from Intime. I am still struggling to see sone of the things you guys point out as I'm new to all this.

really appreciate any help.

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
For those who don’t want to wait for Noob or ARF to get their shit together, I’ll be putting my V6s Hulk up for sale today/tomorrow

It’s a 3135 V6s case but it has a TC 2824 elabore movement, using the now unavailable TC movement holder. Specs are

V6s 3135 case
BP Miyota Hulk dial
Gen AR crystal
TC v3 LV hands
Spongebob platinum insert
TC elabore 2824-2
TC v4 DW

857e57089c89afe73fd225d2e9f21126.jpg
1760c14a240d66a19bb2ec10fda8bc96.jpg

b019f6da7e4409f9fa4adc441698dd6b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

largemarge

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
11/4/18
So if i want the best black sub ootb and i don’t want to mod it, then i should buy the noob v9 a2836 right?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

im a newb but ive been researching and bought a watch. from the consensus it seems yes? doesnt need a bezel mod either but how good is the paint job on the v9? is it 1:1 color with gen or just better than the old bezel paint jobs that were insanely dark for no reason

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
For those who don’t want to wait for Noob or ARF to get their shit together, I’ll be putting my V6s Hulk up for sale today/tomorrow

It’s a 3135 V6s case but it has a TC 2824 elabore movement, using the now unavailable TC movement holder. Specs are

V6s 3135 case
BP Miyota Hulk dial
Gen AR crystal
TC v3 LV hands
TC elabore 2824-2
TC v4 DW

How much you asking bro this a great peice

RHEFL

2/7/16
ITALY

V6s 3135 case
BP Miyota Hulk dial
Gen AR crystal
TC v3 LV hands
TC elabore 2824-2
TC v4 DW

I’m very interested can u pm me ?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: electric

Joshj

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/3/16
Just got message back from Chazing, 2 weeks to a month wait on the v9 Hulk.

Thank me later

Reactions: Caspa

Joshj

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/3/16
smoke which movement would you recommend? I am not planning on changing the movement to gen so I’m thinking 2836 but just curious of your thoughts? Appreviate your input as always.

J

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
This v9 case looks amazing!

Here are my thoughts on these latest sub releases:

1. Best ootb : ARF

Although the case doesn't look as good as the noob one, there are so many other aspects that make this a great watch to wear as it is :

Bracelet, clasp, amazing hands, way better insert, decent looking dw, black hole crystal ( apparently ), consistent qc and many more.

2. Best of both worlds, still rep:

Would be a part mix from the 2 makers.

We could keep this simple and just swap the arf case for the noob v9 one. Am not sure about the v9 bezel, it the scallops are really milled or not, but either way both broached or milled are correct so either one will be good.

Just that the arf bezel has more shine, and it looks closer to the gen one, if we compare just the broached ones.

3. Franken:

Here is my take on a perfect franken without going crazy with gen parts,

- noob case defenetly

- arf bracelet ( better sel fitment, tighter links, smoother edges, better brushing )

- arf or moded noob clasp.

I personally still have some doubts about the arf clasp. The edges are rounded indeed but it still may not close properly ( edges will not be nicely facing eachother when closed ). Another issue i ve had with arf bracelets in the past was the fliplock being narrower or wider than the rest of the clasp.
Noob is better in this regard, but you'd still need to take a good look at qc pics and it will still have sharp edges.

- gen dial, dw, crystal, insert, hands
- gen bezel
- gen crown

A cheaper alternative for a still amazing franken imo would be to this:

- noob case
- arf bracelet and clasp
- gen dial
- gen dw
- arf hands
- noob v9 bezel milled ( if it exists )
- arf crown
- gen insert

P.s. : opinions above were based on the assumption that the unreleased arf sh3135 will be more or less the same as the 2824 in terms of parts quality.

Sent from the RWI App

Last edited:

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
This v9 case looks amazing!

Here are my thoughts on these latest sub releases:

1. Best ootb : ARF

Although the case doesn't look as good as the noob one, there are so many other aspects that make this a great watch to wear as it is :

Bracelet, clasp, amazing hands, way better insert, decent looking dw, black hole crystal ( apparently ), consistent qc and many more.

2. Best of both worlds, still rep:

Would be a part mix from the 2 makers.

We could keep this simple and just swap the arf case for the noob v9 one. Am not sure about the v9 bezel, it the scallops are really milled or not, but either way both broached or milled are correct so either one will be good.

Just that the arf bezel has more shine, and it looks closer to the gen one, if we compare just the broached ones.

3. Franken:

Here is my take on a perfect franken without going crazy with gen parts,

- noob case defenetly

- arf bracelet ( better sel fitment, tighter links, smoother edges, better brushing )

- arf or moded noob clasp.

I personally still have some doubts about the arf clasp. The edges are rounded indeed but it still may not close properly ( edges will not be nicely facing eachother when closed ). Another issue i ve had with arf bracelets in the past was the fliplock being narrower or wider than the rest of the clasp.
Noob is better in this regard, but you'd still need to take a good look at qc pics and it will still have sharp edges.

- gen dial, dw, crystal, insert, hands
- gen bezel
- gen crown

A cheaper alternative for a still amazing franken imo would be to this:

- noob case
- arf bracelet and clasp
- gen dial
- gen dw
- arf hands
- noob v9 bezel milled ( if it exists )
- arf crown
- gen insert

Sent from the RWI App

Good write up.

I'm waiting on the ARF for the LN date. The SD43 was the deciding factor - if their sub is this good, then its a winner: The build quality of that really does make my Noob v7 feel like a fake. Its not to say all is roses with ARF - they have some regular QC issues - on the SD43 there are many instances of the hands not being put on straight - which is probably all down to one idiot in the factory who doesn't give a fuck, but its not 100%. Though on the flip side, you have Noob building watches with a parts bin approach and the TD's don't really know what they're up to either.

Case shape / crown guards whatever - to be honest, I just don't see it that much. And I think most people here don't either .

Reactions: Spatiumtemporis