• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF SD43 photo review compared to a genuine example.

acmcc

Supporter
Certified
3/4/14
A while back I was curiously interested in this model as I have a genuine one. Angus kindly selected a nice example for me to review against my gen which was the updated date wheel model, this was before the rotor was updated so it only has the updated date wheel.

Unfortunately when it arrived it had been damaged in transit as the stem had broken so the crown fell off when I unwound it. It was sent off for repair but then arrived back with the movement dead, dirt I guess from the broken stem, I’m just waiting now to send it back out again for repair and thought it a good time to take the photos as now I can change the date.

I was shocked at how well made the watch is, I have 20 or so reps 10 of which are super reps and 10 or so gens and this compares well.

The following photos have the Gen on the left or on top, I’ve just taken photos more or less of items that may potentially have some difference.

IMG_0880_zpspcirsu3p.jpg

The following photo shows how close the mid case is, and highlights how the bezel scallops have been cut too deep

crown%20gaurds_zpstu2kcb0h.jpg

IMG_0886_zpshokgz0ka.jpg

Weights, size and thickness are very close

gen%20weights_zpsqyhvfucf.jpg

sizes_zpsaspyanuv.jpg

Both dials are glossy finish but the indices have been slightly over pressed on to the dial creating a ripple

clasp%20and%20reflectivety_zpse1quyvpf.jpg

sea%20dweller%20type%20face_zpsx5mzicxg.jpg

Pearl is good, paint colour a little out

pearls_zps3hmrfmoe.jpg

And now the date wheel, magnification of the cyclops is the main problem

Dates%201-15_zpsvmsjeri4.jpg

Dates%2016-31_zps7v9v8b3m.jpg

I hope this was helpful (I've edited the text at the top to the correct way round - Gen is on the left)

Last edited:

machim

19/7/17
Very nice. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geof89

Known Member
9/12/13
really beautiful this ARF. the bezel is a bit missed.

sierra-tango

Known Member
15/3/18
Wow, respect acmcc for your kind efforts doing this comparison - especially taking at least 62 pictures and compare magnification and date wheel figures.
Side note: funny the SEL on the right picture is a bit uneven, is it the GEN? :D

Last edited:
Reactions: paulvillo

acmcc

Supporter
Certified
3/4/14
Wow, respect acmcc for your kind efforts doing this comparison - especially taking at least 62 pictures and compare magnification and date wheel figures.
Side note: funny the SEL on the right picture is a bit uneven, is it the GEN? :D

Thanks sierra-tango, the right SEL is the rep, you do not notice this at all in the hand. By all accounts the SEL is the best rep fit I've ever seen and looks just like the gen as in photo 1,2 and 4. There is enough right with this to pull the trigger. bracelet, case set, crystal, insert and dial print are all very good.

Reactions: sierra-tango

acmcc

Supporter
Certified
3/4/14
really beautiful this ARF. the bezel is a bit missed.

Yes its a bit of a shame that the person setting up the machine set the depth of the scollop cut just a bit too deep, you don't really notice it on the wrist.

knol

17/8/16
The following photos have the rep on the left or on top, I’ve just taken photos more or less of items that may potentially have some difference.

On the pictures gen is on the left and on top ;)

How about the weight, in a previous topic i seen the gen being 194 grams and the arf being 187 grams.

ARF

5EjOobi.jpg

GEN

3kipqDJ.jpg

Last edited:

CVX661

Horology Curious
10/7/17
Really appreciate you taking the time to make th comparison. Great job!

Geof89

Known Member
9/12/13
Yes its a bit of a shame that the person setting up the machine set the depth of the scollop cut just a bit too deep, you don't really notice it on the wrist.

no, I'm talking about the teeth of the bezel.

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15

And now the date wheel, magnification of the cyclops is the main problem

Dates%201-15_zpsvmsjeri4.jpg

Dates%2016-31_zps7v9v8b3m.jpg

I hope this was helpful

Quality post OP, many thanks for taking the time for sharing it! ;beer;

^^^Are you 100% sure that rep is on the left ?

gbxx

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/14
When I saw the title of the thread. I decided i wanted to try to pick the REP from the GEN before I read the text describing which one was which. I chose wrong.

This rep is really the best quality I've seen on the first cut from the maker. Great post OP; thank you!

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Thank you very much!!! Beautiful post!!!
I really don't know wich is the best...Rep or Gen

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
Lovely review and comparison pics but left is gen mate.

thanks for the work you put into this. Very informative !

@thx k4jun for noticing this

Reactions: soni04al