• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 116610 904l 2824

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Any thoughts on the feel of it yet guys? How does the movement feel when winding/time setting? Gritty? Fragile? Bomb proof? What about the feel of the watch as a whole, solid? Gen like?

JMK

13/2/18
I just realized that the clasp issue is the piece under the latch (I had the same issue with my noob YM)

18537b58f2a76166d81e875437d1a5cb.jpg

I think it’s simple not seated into the main clasp correctly...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMK

13/2/18
I just realized that the clasp issue is the piece under the latch (I had the same issue with my noob YM)

18537b58f2a76166d81e875437d1a5cb.jpg

I think it’s simple not seated into the main clasp correctly...

I posted the wrong pic...
c56a839827cccd629d7911b740eaccd3.jpg

JMK

13/2/18
This insert looks great!

For those w/gen or gen insert hulks, I’m finding that this insert has a much more appealing reflective polish than the Noob v7 insert I have. Is this the case with gen black vs green?

d3945ccb58d1fa30b1836dd5e0a4ec76.jpg

25eb2f6507986dc61e95b0dc8e491640.jpg

Reactions: Bigred7078

MarkTellsTime

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/3/18
New England
Alright here goes guys. I hope the photo dump is okay here. Feeling very fortunate with this pickup from puretime . From my QC pics, I had +8.5 sec per day, .2 m/s beat error, and 288 amplitude. How did it match when I got it?
wNv3wIv.jpg

Perfect! Looks like it left puretime and entered my possession in nearly identical working order. Let's open it up though and see if we can't correct any of the beat error/time bias.

LPsGiAF.jpg

VCIkX0o.jpg

o8KwIox.jpg

Started with the beat error first.

qsfegPs.jpg

Then regulated it down a tad. Tested it in several positions and found a sweet spot. Will have to monitor from here on out. Overall it was very clean inside and adjusted very easily.

Now for the beauty shots!!

NkLo1TX.jpg

SnoGfiI.jpg

Pc1S7Gp.jpg

eAIESyq.jpg

8Z64OOV.jpg

ISu3Zes.jpg

Got really lucky with my rehaut alignment!

uqXo03A.jpg

She's a beauty and I am very happy. My main concerns with all the macro shots out there were that I thought the bezel numbering looked a bit deep. Some of the numbers also seemed a bit thick. In person, on the wrist 1 and 1/2 feet from the piece, you don't see it. Macro is both a blessing and a curse, it really is. Anyway, if you need any shots of anything or want any more of my n00b perspective don't be afraid to ask.

tom_cat

I'm Pretty Popular
4/7/13
Keep them photos coming. Congrats to you all on the beautiful watches. Now I cant wait for the Smoke ARF Sub

Bigred7078

4/12/16
Great pics!!! She’s a beaut. Bezel engraving does seem a bit deep but the watch overall looks amazing. Is it just me or do those hands look amazing?

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
Congratulations to those that have received them.

They look amazing to me, amazing hands the insert looks almost perfect, nice dial and SEL all in all a real solid effort.

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
Waited 10 hours in 93 degree tx heat but the ARF 904l submariner finally delivered! im in love
Haha that’s dedication, glad you like it.

nikoel

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/16
Waited 10 hours in 93 degree tx heat but the ARF 904l submariner finally delivered! im in love <3 im walking into a AD tomorrow to compare for myself

No you're not

And if you are, no-one here wants to know that you went into an AD to compare your watch with the Gen

Any newbies reading that comment. Going into any AD, wearing your reps making comparisons and posting here about it, is against the forum rules; and its extremely frowned upon; also quite petty and just asking for trouble. Don't do it.

Drr80

Renowned Member
12/2/18
El paso, TX
No you're not

And if you are, no-one here wants to know that you went into an AD to compare your watch with the Gen

Any newbies reading that comment. Going into any AD, wearing your reps making comparisons and posting here about it, is against the forum rules; and its extremely frowned upon; also quite petty and just asking for trouble. Don't do it.

Sorry :/ still new to this forum.

To the People who recieved whats your opinion on the lugs?

Drr80

Renowned Member
12/2/18
El paso, TX
Alright here goes guys. I hope the photo dump is okay here. Feeling very fortunate with this pickup from puretime . From my QC pics, I had +8.5 sec per day, .2 m/s beat error, and 288 amplitude. How did it match when I got it?
wNv3wIv.jpg

Perfect! Looks like it left puretime and entered my possession in nearly identical working order. Let's open it up though and see if we can't correct any of the beat error/time bias.

LPsGiAF.jpg

VCIkX0o.jpg

o8KwIox.jpg

Started with the beat error first.

qsfegPs.jpg

Then regulated it down a tad. Tested it in several positions and found a sweet spot. Will have to monitor from here on out. Overall it was very clean inside and adjusted very easily.

Now for the beauty shots!!

NkLo1TX.jpg

SnoGfiI.jpg

Pc1S7Gp.jpg

eAIESyq.jpg

8Z64OOV.jpg

ISu3Zes.jpg

Got really lucky with my rehaut alignment!

uqXo03A.jpg

She's a beauty and I am very happy. My main concerns with all the macro shots out there were that I thought the bezel numbering looked a bit deep. Some of the numbers also seemed a bit thick. In person, on the wrist 1 and 1/2 feet from the piece, you don't see it. Macro is both a blessing and a curse, it really is. Anyway, if you need any shots of anything or want any more of my n00b perspective don't be afraid to ask.

Did you notice if the movement was oiled?

jajajaja

Known Member
23/11/15
Posted on Reddit watches to see if anyone can tell. This thing looks pretty f'in spot on.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Watches/comments/8hr3v3

Why would you?

You’re even using the same username on reddit. Why would you want to attract more attention to this hobby?

I truly am glad that you like the watch but the backstory might be a bit much. But I do understand that it gives a more secure feeling, knowing that gen owners are ‘fooled’ by the quality of the reps. But please don’t forget (i have to remind myself as well) people on r/watches arent thát skilled and gen owners probably don’t give a shit about you or your watch :)

‘Been looking to find one of these for some time now, and found a great deal on a local one with minimal wear on it. The ceramic Submariner 116610 - such a beautiful watch, and the glide lock clasp is amazing. I can't imagine wearing a watch without it now. The lum is also super crazy bright even after being in the sun for just a little bit. The watch overall is a little bit lighter than I was expecting, but feels incredibly solid when compared to the older 16610s. Overall very happy with my purchase.’

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

PoptheC

18/5/13
May I ask if the dial print is raised? Noob version was flat.

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk