• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 116610 904l 2824

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Think its your software. I should have it in hand this week I hope. But here is my QC and I will also post my real 116610LV and my 116610LN that is all real but the V6S case which is amazing,

IMG_1010.jpg

IMG_0184_1.jpg

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
I think that all of our guessing and all of our view are just us being anal and over looking. We as a hobby have come to the point that we are looking at angles of lugs. LOL. They look good. If not take a Dremel too it and make it right, I for one cant wait to measure them. I have with the V6 and V7 noobs and they were all on point. I cant see ARF messing up like that. But who knows. Maybe they are off by .00001 mm. lol. Look at the SEL! Look at the color of the insert! Look at the crystal! Look at the crown! Look at the dial! Look at the 3D hands! Look at the rehaut engraving and angle! WOW, I have more pics of the clasp and stuff. But I will wait till I get the watch in hands. Pictures say 1000 words but pictures at the correct places say a story!

thinwhiteduke

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/16
occb2 , that's a real cool specimen. Generally speaking, it's the best OOTB thus far.
Hopefully when the "smoke ARF SH3135" comes out, the ff clear tells (from your QC pic above) are eliminated:
1. Triangle in insert is oversized
2. Is it just me, or is the "50" (and even the "55th marker) about to fall off the (lower) edge of the insert
3. Better fitting or shorter tube. As it is, crown appears unscrewed --- or rather, not completely screwed in. I know in the 5-digit gen (at least in my 16613LN), a tiny but visible "gap" is present, but not sure in the 6-digits.
Looking forward to your side-by-side comparison with gen!

Last edited:
Reactions: occb2

xray7

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
1/4/18
Old Dart
Shower thought: considering earlier discourse on how the light plays over the SELs as being a potential tell, those with genuine OCD (not the "I've diagnosed myself and claim I've got OCD") would find this hobby particularly challenging.

Lagunax

I'm Pretty Popular
18/4/15
CONUS
Subscribed - my QC pics should be coming soon from Sead.

Overall looks great, only quick tell though is the lack of the double AR blackhole effect (blue tint) on the cyclops but might not be that bad in person.

xray7

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
1/4/18
Old Dart
I can feel a run coming on whatever parts occb2 and others say ARF got wrong as everyone grabs the best ootb rep and Frankens it to near perfection.

thinwhiteduke

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/16
Ideally, a near-perfect super-rep IMHO is one whose upgrade is just the gen crystal. And among all factories, only ARF has come closest to gen with their SD43 crystal.

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
I’m glad your excited and positive about this release.

I’ve watched the Videos and looked over all the online pictures over and over.

It looks better than the new Noob to me.

Yes it has minor little flaws but it looks really really good to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tinitonsi

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
21/3/14
I’m glad your excited and positive about this release.

I’ve watched the Videos and looked over all the online pictures over and over.

It looks better than the new Noob to me.

Yes it has minor little flaws but it looks really really good to me.

+1
Since ARF is making 904L Rolex, I don’t buy from any other factories, Noob, VRF orWTF Factory, I don’t give a f**k, lol

Reactions: electric and occb2

maxracingshox

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/12
I remember when smoke and I were joking a couple of years ago that reps might have 904l steel one day. We both laughed and agreed that would never happen whatsoever. Look where we are right now ;)

Reactions: tribal and occb2

Hans81

23/2/15
Looking forward to a side by side comparison. Maybe the next watch on my list!

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
3. Better fitting or shorter tube. As it is, crown appears unscrewed --- or rather, not completely screwed in. I know in the 5-digit gen (at least in my 16613LN), a tiny but visible "gap" is present, but not sure in the 6-digits.
Looking forward to your side-by-side comparison with gen!

A thread I read on a Rolex Forum suggests there should be a gap between the Crown and case - on the six digit too. There are a lot of threads on this point saying the same thing. It's worth signing up if you're not a member (you might not be able to view it if you're not a member).
Thread here: https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=193371

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
A thread I read on a Rolex Forum suggests there should be a gap between the Crown and case - on the six digit too. There are a lot of threads on this point saying the same thing. It's worth signing up if you're not a member (you might not be able to view it if you're not a member).
Thread here: [video]https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=193371[/video]

Makes perfect sense, thanks for sharing.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Thread here: https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=193371

There is a gap between the crown and the case. If you look at a triple locking crown there is a gasket resting on the inside of the crown. So that will not allow a crown too sit perfectly on the case. I have seen this on all 5 digit and 6 digit subs. I have seen reps where the tubes are not rolex spec and it enhances the space. Noob does a good job though. Their tubes are good. They kind of have too be. You can not just change them with a Rolex tube. You would have to re-tap and countersink the real rolex tube. Not an easy swap.

I can't wait too see the ARF. Truth be told on my ARF 122660 I didn't even change the crown and tube. They feel amazing and look great. From the looks of the QC pic the crown looks nice.

The really only bad about all the great work that ARF is doing, people are going too be using that word GEN a lot and people will have no clue. Myself included. They are getting really good with copies. Trying too keep up is a challenge. I thank god for Smoke and Tucker and a hand Trip. We really have a wealth of knowledge here at RWI!

Reactions: ginopino

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Look at the crystal, No black Hole = Fake, then look at the Indices on the dial. Its pretty easy to spot fakes.

maxelmen

Known Member
21/1/17
Yep, I know for sure that Sead got it in stock.
cant day how amazed i am with the Arf SD43 i got from him! Its truly a game changer!

JMK

13/2/18
Anyone get theirs yet?