• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 116610 904l 2824

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
So the LV is still a pre-sale on the site and hasn't came out yet? I had a td offering it to me but I held back because I dont like buying until he takes his own pics.

I am being told the LV will not be out for a few weeks. The LN and will be out in a few days.

Reactions: electric

knol

17/8/16
I was just told it is a ARF 116610LN 2824. Right now it IS on Puretimes website as all of our TD's site. When he gets one he will send it too me and I will have pictures here the day I get it. I will post pics and opinion ASAP. But I will do a full review too.

Angus is saying that on his site https://puretime05.com/featured-prod...let-a2824.html this is the one. The LV will be coming out a few weeks later.

What I am asking from you guys are input. What do you want me too look at. So far I got rehaut and lugs. Also from what I understand the ARF factory is very much looking forward for our opinion as a community. Which is great.

Lets not forget the ARF 122660! I still think the best rep out of the box. Just imagine if we can get a sub like that! OMG.

can you compare the crowns on the clasp please. On the 126600 arf messed up and it also looks like they did with this sub,

Reactions: occb2

Jonj480

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
3/11/14
occb2 I would love to get a comparison of the bezel inserts and crystal, specifically the cyclops. Personally, I would wait for the 3135 before I buy one myself, but if it is anywhere near the quality of the SD43, it would be a winner. Bezel insert and crystal are the easiest tells. If they get those right, everything else can be fixed by a metal worker who knows what he is doing, for much less than the cost of replacing rep parts with gen.

Reactions: stufuse

brokerceo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/1/16
I'm very excited about getting to know your opinion about the watch!

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
occb2 I would love to get a comparison of the bezel inserts and crystal, specifically the cyclops. Personally, I would wait for the 3135 before I buy one myself, but if it is anywhere near the quality of the SD43, it would be a winner. Bezel insert and crystal are the easiest tells. If they get those right, everything else can be fixed by a metal worker who knows what he is doing, for much less than the cost of replacing rep parts with gen.

I agree brother. I will also wait for the 3135 myself. This is just too answer questions. I got a PM from a member who ordered it a few weeks ago. I reached out to PT and thought I would just pick this up too review. But like you, I want a 3135 version. Think about it. A great 904 case and 904 band and it will take all the rolex real parts? OMG. That will be epic.

We haver a lot of members here that think the SH3135 is a problematic movement so they want the 2824 version. I can tell you that I believe personally that the SH3135 is the best movement we have for our watches. People like2fake4u is doing amazing things with this movement. Also Tickle and Misiekped are servicing them. When that is done, these movements are great. Members are learning how too work on these themselves. This is what makes this hobby amazing. The fact that we can work on our own watches.

It was just that that made me start. Now I can rip apart a 3135 and put it back together. I still have issues with real ones. The only thing I have issues with is the balance. Adjusting a rolex balance is not easy.

The SH3135 is great. So is the A2824. I think they are both the same quality. The 2824 in my ARF 122660 is beautiful. I brought a real top grade one from Startime to install in the watch. But the rep runs as good as the real one. So I have it on hold. If ARF puts the same quality in this watch it will be amazing.

So I will be looking and reviewing the following"
Over all feel and look.
Bezel and crystal
Lugs and crown guards
Plat. color on the bezel.
Bracelet and the finishing
SEL on bracelet and case
Renault engraving and finish.

Keep the questions coming. Funny the one thing that I know kills me on the reps is the date wheel font! That is a big give away for me. That and the hands. Lots of reps don't do the 3d look or are the wrong size on the min hand. The dials have been great recently. On QC pics always look at the space between the crown on the dial and the upside-down triangle. That is one print error I found on a few.

Rob

Reactions: Cdenim

Mickki

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/10/17
Hey all. Just wanted too update you guys. I have been going back and forth with Angus over at pure time on the ARF 116610 904L's. In the next few days they will be releasing it. I am buying one too do a review for RWI.

I will do a complete and honest review comparing it too 2 watches I have. A real 116610LV and a 116610LN that is all real but the V6S case and clasp. The ONLY model coming out is the 2824 version. It IS 904L. I do not know at this time if it will be an LN or an LV.

Please post here anything that you guys want me too look at. Any questions you may have. The projected price at this time is. $478 plus shipping. I look forward too getting it and also look forward too you guy's input. We have great TD's and they have the ear of the ARF factory. So we can hope to continue too have improvements on these watches.

Rob

*****Forgot too say that after the review the watch will be raffled here at RWI******

????

Sent from the RWI App

Cdenim

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
22/6/17
CHICAGO
I agree brother. I will also wait for the 3135 myself. This is just too answer questions. I got a PM from a member who ordered it a few weeks ago. I reached out to PT and thought I would just pick this up too review. But like you, I want a 3135 version. Think about it. A great 904 case and 904 band and it will take all the rolex real parts? OMG. That will be epic.

We haver a lot of members here that think the SH3135 is a problematic movement so they want the 2824 version. I can tell you that I believe personally that the SH3135 is the best movement we have for our watches. People like2fake4u is doing amazing things with this movement. Also Tickle and Misiekped are servicing them. When that is done, these movements are great. Members are learning how too work on these themselves. This is what makes this hobby amazing. The fact that we can work on our own watches.

It was just that that made me start. Now I can rip apart a 3135 and put it back together. I still have issues with real ones. The only thing I have issues with is the balance. Adjusting a rolex balance is not easy.

The SH3135 is great. So is the A2824. I think they are both the same quality. The 2824 in my ARF 122660 is beautiful. I brought a real top grade one from Startime to install in the watch. But the rep runs as good as the real one. So I have it on hold. If ARF puts the same quality in this watch it will be amazing.

So I will be looking and reviewing the following"
Over all feel and look.
Bezel and crystal
Lugs and crown guards
Plat. color on the bezel.
Bracelet and the finishing
SEL on bracelet and case
Renault engraving and finish.

Keep the questions coming. Funny the one thing that I know kills me on the reps is the date wheel font! That is a big give away for me. That and the hands. Lots of reps don't do the 3d look or are the wrong size on the min hand. The dials have been great recently. On QC pics always look at the space between the crown on the dial and the upside-down triangle. That is one print error I found on a few.

Rob

I second you on that brother. The Sh isn't any more fragile or likely to break than the chinese made eta's. Which constitutes the bulk of any advertised eta watch coming out of china. And the newest y3135's i've gotten lately have been extremely well built, robust, and better in every way than the tiny little, inaccurate (far as replicating functions) clone eta's. Plus if you ever think about a project in the life of your rep the 3135 options are a must. But i honestly feel the familiarity with the movement and some better quality control have led to these things becoming more, and more reliable and better made. Right out of the package, strait on a timegrapher, there running at 300 amplitudes. Definitely the way to go..

Jonj480

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
3/11/14

Rob

I agree completely. Especially if you are going the franken route, the SH3135 is the way to go. Gen dial and hands fit right on, and like you said, there are a few members on here that can really make them sing. I have worked on quite a few that 2fake4u has serviced and they are incredible afterwards. They feel awful close to a gen 3135 after being worked on by some of these guys. I have reworked quite a few JF 5 digit cases, and with those SH3135s in them they can be incredible. If they get the crystal and bezel insert right, with 904 steel, even if the case is a little off but there is enough material there to reshape it, it could open up a whole new world for rep 6 digits.

Reactions: occb2

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
I agree completely. Especially if you are going the franken route, the SH3135 is the way to go. Gen dial and hands fit right on, and like you said, there are a few members on here that can really make them sing. I have worked on quite a few that 2fake4u has serviced and they are incredible afterwards. They feel awful close to a gen 3135 after being worked on by some of these guys. I have reworked quite a few JF 5 digit cases, and with those SH3135s in them they can be incredible. If they get the crystal and bezel insert right, with 904 steel, even if the case is a little off but there is enough material there to reshape it, it could open up a whole new world for rep 6 digits.

That is what I am hoping. I am a fan of whatever makes our hobby better! The whole 904 thing is good but the truth is that a nice 316 case is good too. I think we are all stuck on this 904 and while I think it is a good step in the right direction, I prefer finishing over the grade of steel. So a good finished 116610 is what I am looking for. Think of the noob V6S. loved it. Polish the rehaut a little and that is it. You have a great 3135 case. Everything fits well and feels perfect. I hear that Noob stopped listening too the TD's. The TD's were listening too us and our complaints. Great example is the JF. The JF when it first came out was terrible. The case and bezel were just bad. The TD's went back too JF and the V2 was a killer. So I am hearing that ARF is also listening too our TD's. Asking for feed back. If any of that is true, I will send all our questions and recommendations too some of our TD's and see if improvements will be done. It worked with the ARF 122660.

I can't wait for the 3135's too come out. Big step forward! Exciting times ahead for us and modifiers. Fun Fun.

Temple

Watches, Weights & Protein shakes
Supporter
Certified
12/2/18
UK
Aaaaaand subscribe :)

thinwhiteduke

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/16
Class act, Rob! SH3135 for me, too. Rob, kindly check if the major tell of the ARF sub is addressed: the wrong sized triangle in the bezel insert. And the fat date wheel print.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Class act, Rob! SH3135 for me, too. Rob, kindly check if the major tell of the ARF sub is addressed: the wrong sized triangle in the bezel insert. And the fat date wheel print.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Will do brother. I will add it to the list.

MeMO

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
MULTI ACCOUNT
13/2/18
Great news

Kindly do a comparison between ARF 116610 LV insert and GEN insert in terms of light effect ( direct sunlight, indoors, dim lights) and if they are close how much

close they are?