• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 116610 904l 2824

boonrofra

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/12/18
Germany
UPDATE: Finally, I have got my watch back with 2xAR LEC, new 0,65mm gasket and I am really happy to have choosen ARF 904L with 2824 movement.
Watch with Prof. 2xAR is looking awesome! Plus movement is working nanobuttersmooth and I am confident that nothing is going to happen while diving in my bath tub.
Can highly recommend my watchsmith who is not only doing his job with a cheap Rep, he is obsessed with his craft in a positive sense.

IMG_0574b6331a0bcba64b7d.jpg

IMG_2747f4f6200a217e9d0f.jpg

Reactions: Young&Free

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Very close with subtle differences.

Check here: https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=189581
Even Rolex has been changing DWs over the decades and DW manufacturers. So, impossible to say, which DW is the proper one.[/QUOTThis is partly true, I have a lot of Gen DW pass my hands, fonts can vary in thickness, but during a specific time period and version of the watch there would be a correct font.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: freediver

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
Very close with subtle differences.

Check here: https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=189581
Even Rolex has been changing DWs over the decades and DW manufacturers. So, impossible to say, which DW is the proper one.[/QUOTThis is partly true, I have a lot of Gen DW pass my hands, fonts can vary in thickness, but during a specific time period and version of the watch there would be a correct font.

Well said! So it comes down to what date style you want to be looking at! My personal opinion would be with the serf's :B:

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
So, I had my date wheel swapped for Gen and my xtal.

Personally the ARF DW I got in my sub was pretty good, (I’ve had a few ARF subs with diffent fonts.)I think just changing the xtal would be enough if I didn’t have the Gen DW laying around. I had a little to large wonky cyclops on my ARF xtal.

Anyways I also have a TC v3 DW here so I thought I’d compare to my ARF DW. I was surprised, It’s very very close. here some pics

TCV3 ontop ARF bottom

5f78251fec46181e0d36e72aab48abaa.jpg
cff30185c2b753067ed7a20c891399ee.jpg

Do you have one with gen comparison

exo

Horology Curious
1/2/19
Hey guys,

what do you think of this QC image? (Sub arf 2824)
I am not sure at all. I think the numbers on the bezel do not seem to be correctly disposed. The 50 is way too close to the crystal.
Furthermore the numbers on the date wheel look way too thick. I guess the numbers on the date wheel usually look thinner? Especially on a 2824 arf.
I know that a rep is never perfect. Just wanted to hear your opinion.

Thanks!

Dufan

7/10/18
Hi everyone, I have a big problem. three months ago I buy an ARF 116610 904l submariner with 2824 movement. all perfect beautiful watch. I completely overhauled it, rubbed the case and bracelet, and replaced the glass with a gen 2.5. the surprise came from day 20 to day 31 .... the numbers are bad, bad and badly positioned. what solution do you suggest me to adopt or who to contact? they told me that the date of the original rolex in 2824 can not be mounted. I knew that TC produced records with excellent dates, but unfortunately they were not found anymore. please help me please friends. thank you

Relaxo88

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/2/19
Hey guys,

I am not sure at all. I think the numbers on the bezel do not seem to be correctly disposed. The 50 is way too close to the crystal.
Furthermore the numbers on the date wheel look way too thick. I guess the numbers on the date wheel usually look thinner? Especially on a 2824 arf.

Thanks!

Its perfect ????

Tobel

6/7/17
Hey guys,

Thanks!

These are well known flaws for the ARF a2824. So they are all like this. It's not a reason to reject it, as the next one will have the same issues

Reactions: freediver

suppish

Supporter
Certified
1/10/17
I think sometimes people over-nitpick just to get round the no-QC rule to get a second opinion. The watch looks abso fine.

Reactions: Rheinischerjung

Tobel

6/7/17
Hi everyone, I have a big problem. three months ago I buy an ARF 116610 904l submariner with 2824 movement. all perfect beautiful watch. I completely overhauled it, rubbed the case and bracelet, and replaced the glass with a gen 2.5. the surprise came from day 20 to day 31 .... the numbers are bad, bad and badly positioned. what solution do you suggest me to adopt or who to contact? they told me that the date of the original rolex in 2824 can not be mounted. I knew that TC produced records with excellent dates, but unfortunately they were not found anymore. please help me please friends. thank you

You can get a gen datewheel into your a2824 ARF, but it will require modding it to use it as an overlay

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
Looks pretty damn good to me (even the date wheel). If you want perfection, go gen :)

Dufan

7/10/18
You can get a gen datewheel into your a2824 ARF, but it will require modding it to use it as an overlay

Ciao chi può farlo? Il mio orologiaio mi ha detto che non si può fare...evidentemente non sa farlo lui

Tobel

6/7/17
Sorry.
who can do it? My watchmaker told me that it can not be done ... but do you intend to paste the gen disk onto the clone disk?

Search here for modders. I haven't done it myself but there's several members here who did. Sorry I dont remember who. My understanding - but real modders would know better - is that you need to thin the gen datewheel by sanding it down then use it as an overlay that you indeed paste