• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Until I get my hands on the Rolex Pepsi GMT Jubilee this will have to do...

Spikedlee

23/5/10
Hey guys, I was one of the first ones to order this watch the day Steinhart released these for sale. Yes I know it's not the Rolex and nowhere close but it will still fulfill the feeling of a super jubilee on pepsi until I get the rep and eventually the GEN.

Overall I like it a lot although I will be doing a crystal swap for a domed non-cyclops. Steinhart makes the stupidest date mags for their watches. Seriously shouldn't even have mags as they look like cheap reps with these on. Crystaltimes crystal is already en route. GMT hand lines up perfectly unlike a lot of other Steinhart GMTs that have been released. QC appears to have been perfect. I didn't realize the jubilee was completely brushed except for the sides. A bit less flashy. Overall I like it! Although the watch is 42mm, the laugh to lug is short enough to fit well on thinner wrists. My wrist is 6.75" BTW.

One of the best features about the jubilee bracelet is the taper down to 18mm by the clasp. This fits so much better versus if it was a 22mm or even a 22mm taper for that matter. If you have thin wrists you will appreciate this aspect of the new bracelet.

Enjoy the photos!

Reactions: Hinclimincli

jbglx

Known Member
1/4/16
Hahah, I ´ve just bought the same watch yesterday from Gnomon Watches ( in Steinhart site wasn´ t available )
Looks awesome , congrats dude !! By the way , what do you mean with " GMT hand lines up perfectly... "

Last edited:

Mike Advice PI

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/1/15
Some people have had watches in which the GMT hand was behind the hour hand by twenty minutes or so. So if the current time showed 09:00, the GMT hand wouldn't be pointing directly at an hour marker on the bezel.

In the first picture of the watch above the hour and minute hands and the GMT hand are all set to just after nine o'clock. The GMT hand is pointing to where it should be for the way the OP set it, just after 21:00. The watches people have complained about would have the GMT hand pointing to somewhere before the dot marking the 21 on the bezel, or possibly somewhere in advance of the actual time.

You can read about it on the Steinhart section on WUS. Some people believe it's because of sloppy QC. Steinhart blame powerful magnetic forces in airport x-ray machines. Take your pick. In fairness to Steinhart, they have sorted people's issues out without charge.

jbglx

Known Member
1/4/16
Thank´s Mike Advice PI , never pay attention to that , and I have three GMT reps ! ( 16710 , 1675 , 11679BLRO )