• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GM factory Submariners

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
Looks like another factory came up with their Submariners. I cannot tell the differencies between factories nor I can define if it is a good/bad rep. Check it for yourself..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Is it me or does the case looks hella thin from the side?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Reactions: Nivka

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
We can really take this apart. The bezel is bad. The date wheel is bad. The crystal is bad. The SEL is bad. Everything that yells fake this has. So this factory needs too pick up where the other left off to make it. They need to bump it up a notch to get sells.

Reactions: Stuvetjee and velox

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Dail color looks great, so do insert color but the SEL, Xtal, Cyclops, DW & Pearl is off.

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
these are bp /vrf subs made from 904

now if they make them with 3135 I will order the hulk and order a vrf insert.the font looks bad and incorrect on these.
but you can see they are bp
the insert is bp slightly updated over the lastly bp but still has the same font as the old bp but slightly refined
the dial is bp
the case is bp look at the serial number and the Rehaut engraving
the clasp is bp look at the serial.these watches are bp/vrf
made from 904

Last edited:

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Very nice these are bp /vrf subs made from 904

now if they make them with 3135 I will order the hulk

They do. The site shows an option of a SH3135.

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Just saw the link I might get one just to see it in real life then flip it if it's trash

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
They look pretty good to be fair.with a vrf insert the hulk would be pretty decent.
I would need to hand pick one with good recessed Sel.

thinwhiteduke

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/16
They look pretty good to be fair.with a vrf insert the hulk would be pretty decent.
I would need to hand pick one with good recessed Sel.

smoke , if you go to the TSwatch website, this GM SUB is listed under the ARF page. Click here: https://www.tswatch01.com/mobile/pro...php?CateId=891
So, it appears GMF Sub is done by aggregator ARF and is NOT another factory. Aggregator using parts from different factories like you said VRF and BP. GM Sub also use the SA3135 movement from Noob for the USD458 option. And GM's can be had fpr only USD398 with A2836-2.
So, happy confusion, gentlemen!

Last edited:
Reactions: FarewellFire

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
Some additional photos which might help on the final verdict (before anybody pulls the trigger)..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thinwhiteduke

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/16
dadog13 , they actually look decent, and the 904L steel come-on may be a nice icing on the cake. However, their metal content could be below accepted 904L standards, though I am no metallurgical expert. May order one on SA3135, then. The trick is QC'ing the SEL tightness. The recess part looks decent, to be fair.

Reactions: Timmetje83

FarewellFire

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/10/17
OFF TOPIC: How do these aggregator "factories" operate? I guess they source their parts from BP/VRF/etc and then slap them together. But why would the other factories sell them parts for them to become competition? Or am I missing something here?

maxracingshox

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/12
these are bp /vrf subs made from 904

now if they make them with 3135 I will order the hulk and order a vrf insert.the font looks bad and incorrect on these.
but you can see they are bp
the insert is bp slightly updated over the lastly bp but still has the same font as the old bp but slightly refined
the dial is bp
the case is bp look at the serial number and the Rehaut engraving
the clasp is bp look at the serial.these watches are bp/vrf
made from 904

Thanks, I was about to say the same!
At least it seems they corrected the lug angle by a few percent in the right direction.

thinwhiteduke

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/16
OFF TOPIC: How do these aggregator "factories" operate? I guess they source their parts from BP/VRF/etc and then slap them together. But why would the other factories sell them parts for them to become competition? Or am I missing something here?

I just coined that term "aggregator" to show that
1. GMF is not a factory like Noob or BP;
2. As such, it's unlikely they invested in heavy machinery to manufacture parts; and
3. They buy what they think is best from other factories and slap them together, a la VRF business model. Or ARF for that matter. I did mention that these GMF subs are listed under the ARF webpage of TS. Click here: https://www.tswatch01.com/mobile/products.php?CateId=891

And why?
You have to realize that even the "factories" like Noob buy parts from 3rd party suppliers. Why do you think they cannot duplicate their near-perfect V6s? They would have by now IF THEY MADE THEM IN-HOUSE.

Just logic, IMHO. I could be wrong.

FarewellFire

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/10/17
I just coined that term "aggregator" to show that
1. GMF is not a factory like Noob or BP;
2. As such, it's unlikely they invested in heavy machinery to manufacture parts; and
3. They buy what they think is best from other factories and slap them together, a la VRF business model. Or ARF for that matter. I did mention that these GMF subs are listed under the ARF webpage of TS. Click here: https://www.tswatch01.com/mobile/products.php?CateId=891

And why?
You have to realize that even the "factories" like Noob buy parts from 3rd party suppliers. Why do you think they cannot duplicate their near-perfect V6s? They would have by now IF THEY MADE THEM IN-HOUSE.

Just logic, IMHO. I could be wrong.

Ah, of course! Didn't think about that actually. So these guys basically talk to the people that, say, Noob initially ordered a bezel from and then just buy the same thing from them. Of course. For a moment there I thought that Noob themseves would hawk their own parts to an aggregator but that of course wouldn´t make any sense whatsoever. Thanks!