Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ANDREI01 GEN CLASP MOD My new glidelock clasp modded to look identical to gen pictoral

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANDREI01 GEN CLASP MOD My new glidelock clasp modded to look identical to gen pictoral

So recently I had just finished my genstein build that consists of
    gen case
    gen braclett
    gen bezel assembly
    gen insert
    Gen click
    gen springs
    gen xtal c12 c1
    gen hands
    gen dial
    gen crown
    gen tube all ready in gen case
    Gen case back
    gen date disc
    The glidelock clasp was the only part not gen on the build.
    this was a way to save nearly a grand and I knew the v6s gene va clasp was 99 percent gen looking and feel even.even some gen clasps have gene va flaw.so imo noob used a gen gene va flaw clasp to replicate

the gen clasp is rounded like a pebble.all corners have very obvious rounded bevel sides.the flip lock has a beveled gap that should be pretty wide.the v6s clasp has all these characteristics but they are muted.in other words not as obvious as a gen clasp.the noob v7 v8 or any other rep clasp that I've seen has no bevel or roundness.they are square from every angle.the flip lock gap has a tight hard line.all corners square
    the clasp is something nobody speaks about.im not sure why because this clasp mod is as much of a must as a gen xtal.

anyway as you guys may remember the clasp has a backed out screw that locked up the glidelock.so I sent it to andrei01 to remove the back out screw and use tbreadlock to avoid it happening again.so I thought now was the time to get him to do his mod and shape work on the clasp.

so here is a before pic of the v6s clasp as you can see it has some bevel and roundness but not as much as gen.

before pic

now these are the finished product.he could of brushed it for me but I like my scratches I'm not the type to polish gens or reps

anyway look at this

impressive work I would rate as 10 out of 10

here is a noob v7 stock clasp so you can really see the difference

lastly a gen clasp for Terrance
    gen
    [img]*****************.com/6Rtegka.jpg[/img]
    Last edited by Smoke; 22-02-18, 14:35.

Looks good, the rounded cutout (where you put fingernail to open) looks not symetrical at all. Looks like a Nike symbol. But otherwise it is nice.

Comment

Incorrect mate lol

Comment

So glad you like it smoke . Thanks a lot for mentioning me here. To get compliments from one of the most sharp-eyed and knowledged members around here really means something to me.

The Gene va V6s clasp is indeed the best clasp out there, miles away from noob v7 or v8 ones indeed. Very well built with small tolerances and a high overall quality and feel. The sliding grooves of the glidelock for example were more flat thus resulting in a better glide lock slide than what v7 has.

Tbh a lot of details were already addresed by the factory and as you said i just rouded the corners a bit more and buffed the sides until the looks was satisfactory. The back ends of the fliplock were the most sharp and really had to grind a bit to get the desired look. Compared to the the work i have to put in for a sharp edged v7 clasp i found this to be a rather easy job .

As i said the clasp looked really good ootb and frankly i was a bit confused when first seeing it

Comment

Originally posted by fradic View Post
          Looks good, the rounded cutout (where you put fingernail to open) looks not symetrical at all. Looks like a Nike symbol. But otherwise it is nice.
          Classy, criticising somebody's pride and joy.

Good job andrei01

Comment

Originally posted by tripdog View Post

Classy, criticising somebody's pride and joy.

Good job andrei01
            Lol he was trying to criticise something that don't exist.thats called jealously ha ha.the clasp is amazing.ps it's not my pride an joy though ha ha now a gen hulk will be my pride and joy for watches
            Last edited by Smoke; 22-02-18, 17:53.

Comment

Originally posted by smoke View Post
              Lol he was trying to criticise something that don't exist.thats called jealously ha ha.the clasp is amazing.ps it's not my prude an joy though ha ha now a gen hulk will be my pride and joy for watches
              It existed- but only in his mind. Because he doesn’t quite get camera/object angles.

andrei01 nice...delicate work.
              [COLOR=rgb(255, 128, 0)] [/COLOR]

Comment

Parabuteo tripdog thanks guys!

I would have really loved to polish and brush this clasp back to perfection but smoke seems to really enjoy scratches .

Modern vintage i guess.

Sent from the RWI App

Comment

Polishing is the devil lol.its all about keeping the original lines.i can understand if you buy a noob v7 sub and the brush ing is wrong across the lugs like I've seen lately then a pro rebrushing is ok.but if you get dings scrapes and scratches you should leave them imo
                  Last edited by Smoke; 22-02-18, 18:15.

Comment

Originally posted by smoke
                    Polishing is the devil lol.its all about keeping the original lines.i can understand if you buy a noob v7 sub and the brush ing is wrong across the lugs like I've seen lately then a pro rebrushing is ok.but if you get dings scrapes and scratches you should leave them imo
                    People often buff and brush using big wheels which are more aggresive and less precise for obvious reasons.

I use only small jewelry buffing and brushing pads. This way i manage to cut just slightly into the matal maintaining the original lines and shape. And allowing me to have greater control over what i'm doing.

You go much faster through buffing wheels this way but it's worth it.

I also hate rounded surfaces that should have been flat.

Sent from the RWI App

Comment

Andrei you did a flawless job mat!!! Smoke enjoy the pride
                      WANTED: HUBLOT BIG BANG 41MM A7750. IF YOU HAVE ONE BITING DUST, PM ME!

Comment

Originally posted by Stuvetjee
                        Andrei you did a flawless job mat!!! Smoke enjoy the pride
                        Thanks a lot !

Sent from the RWI App

Comment

Great piece of work, andrei01 !
                          Now, smoke , everybody will be digging out from their garbage bins the much maligned v6s GENE VA clasp after this review!

Comment

Boom! Beautiful work Sir. Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            No longer active

Comment

simply WOW! I'm impressed... I would like to do the same thing to my JF Explorer clasp!
                              Searching Parts:
                              TC DWO v4
                              Datejust Dial with Roman Numerals

Comment

Working...
                              X