• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Small Review & Comparison: ARF Datejust 116234 VS BP Datejust 36 116233 V2

Saint888

Known Member
12/5/16
Southeast Asia
The ARF I bought i early 2018 come with SH3135, Stainless Steel jubille bracelet, blue dial and fluted bezel. While, The BP come with Asian 2824, Two Tone jubille bracelet, champagne dial and fluted bezel.
Before ARF come, BP is a King of 36 mm Datejust. I purchase BP at March 2017. Until now the movement still work well. I never service it or do anything for the movement.
I hope you had read my other thread I’m reviewed how accurate BP 116233 with the Gen last year.
For the price I buy BP at $268 and ARF at $388. The difference is $120. Can ARF win against BP? We will find out later.
As i have both watch. I can say the ARF 904L bracelet more white color than BP.

My imgur: https://imgur.com/a/0R4ZA

BP
pacuxPH.jpg

ARF
VvZhjju.jpg

rlHZOSD.jpg

Case
BP case not so accurate. It look’s smaller than the Gen. Like what I said in my other thread, BP case more curving. While ARF has straight line. Because of that, BP case look’s smaller.
When I measure Case and crystal BP 12,5 mm and ARF 12 mm
Ht4kJiF.jpg

hYRtIi1.jpg

lbOsOqj.jpg

isYdLcY.jpg

YMrzxj3.jpg

j8GA6Gd.jpg

jBSZK7G.jpg

Look at the engraving

Jubille Bracelet
My BP Two Tone Bracelet the gold plating not so good. When I wear it doesn’t visible. But as you can see in pic at the end of the mid link the plating fade a little. All piece mid link it’s in that condition.
qSCbAJa.jpg

pkh08w8.jpg

rjyafrE.jpg

When I compare the bracelet side by side. I’m surprised the SS ARF can be more shiny than the TT Yellow Gold BP. The BP look’s fade if comparing to shine of ARF SS mid link. The left and right side of the link (brushed) it’s also more shiny on the ARF.
It’s interesting I found out the ARF screw has smaller diameter than BP. It’s easier to open ARF screw with any glasses screwdriver. The BP screw hole to small need special slim screwdriver.
The amount of the fixed link also different. In ARF the fixed link lesser so can open more link than BP. ARF best for small/ skinny wrist.
Fixed link (Bottom and Upper)
BP : 7 and 10; Moveable link Total: 7
ARF : 6 and 9; Moveable link Total : 10
ARF moveable link length more than BP around 0,1-0,2 mm ( I only have manual caliper can’t make sure ).
Uske0wj.jpg

Gd3jDYV.jpg

Fluted Bezel
ARF makes the best fluted bezel, it’s sparkle even in low light exposure . BP bezel looks pointy and It’s doesn’t sparkle at some view. BP sparkle only in a bright place like in the mall has a lot of spot light.
gdHtcOt.jpg

fsyncCi.jpg

Lume
I can't took proper picture because both watch lume too weak for my cheap handphone camera.

Cyclops & Crystal
BP Cyclops appear making DW looks slightly bigger than the ARF. When it’s come to read the DW it’s easier to read with ARF. The ARF Cyclops anti reflection coated works better than BP. Maybe because BP Cyclops more convex.
ARF crystal better than BP. It’s more clear so easier to see inside. Because of it’s clarity, the dial looks so detailed

Date Wheel
ARF DW thicker. It's easy tell for RWI member. But can’t really spot it on the first attempt (for normal average people). Even I’m comparing side by side to BP still not easy to tell. It’s because BP cyclop make it’s DW to big. But if you dismantle and compare it, I believe it’s definitely looks thicker. Or maybe because my OCD low. I believe average people not notice when saw my watch. So no need to much worries. Just take it easy.

I choose here the most uglies number fonts ARF.
nxE2cyZ.jpg

4S9HdXk.jpg

DekViiv.jpg

L7sPIEH.jpg

VTsk90R.jpg

Y2uIUCT.jpg

Engraved Rehaut
On BP it’s harder to read the engraved rehaut. ARF easier.

Dial
Since this two have different dial. Can’t really comparing. The ARF dial looks really shiny, detailed, sharp and clear sun burst. The BP sun burst looks vague and the surface is rough. If you ask me I will definitely choose ARF. When I comparing side by side the BP dial feel cheaper than the ARF.
The ARF crown coronet as you all know it’s placed slightly upwards. Which is not accurate.

Winding Crown
When pull out the winding crown in ARF can pull longer than BP. So it’s easier to manual wind. For my watch when I wind ARF more smoother.
For setting the hour hand SH3135 up/clockwise same as gen. A2824 down/counter clockwise.
BP winding crown sit lower.

Manual winding
Y2uIUCT.jpg

Setting hour and minute hand
zR0NgQo.jpg

s2qF3If.jpg

Clasp
We heard before the crown in the BP bracelet broken off when want to open the clasp. As we can see in picture below, BP crown not welded enough.
vk6tQFO.jpg

Sel
rlHZOSD.jpg

QC
The BP crystal installed slightly tilt. Can be seen from the cyclops. Behind the glass there are a few dirt/stains. The bottom clasp SUPER wobbly. The bracelet rattling. Never try soaking in baby oil yet. I afraid the gold plating become fade. Never ever borrow it to your friend. They will lough at you.
I’m surprise the ARF bracelet and clasp not rattling and wobbly. It’s feels more solid.

Conclusion
Since ARF not yet releasing Two Tone model, BP still the best if you are looking for Two Tone. The Two Tone makes you looks ‘apek’ or old boy. But I don’t care. I like people noticing me.
But if you really wan’t accurate and high quality Datejust reps you definitely must choose ARF.
Yes maybe same like you. Firstly I don’t like SS model. I like watch that stands out. For girl they more attracted to precious metal like yellow gold. So I choose TT.
After buying ARF I find’s out The ARF SS it’s more shiny than the TT Yellow gold BP. It’s really crazy. Since it’s SS, no need to worry the gold plating wear off.
In the low light exposure, ARF still win for the shiny.
3 Thing i don't like my BP datejust: case curving, bezel cutting, dial dull.
Thing i don't like my ARF: DW Thick but i not really dislike.

Note: After wearing ARF i accidentally hit it badly to something hard. It's scratch. I rub with capecod carefully and the scratch gone. The shine still the same so i not agree with other member saying this plated with Rhodium.

Long Term Review

After i wear it around 6 month. I find out the ARF movement not so good. Can't compare it with my BP. BP Movement far more superior without service. With power reserve almost like gen. A few time when wearing ARF watching cinema, i'm so shock it's not moving. I'm little shame of course, other people seeing me wearing Rolex.

For the 904L steel ARF I compare it with Gen, The ARF steel darker colour. The Gen steel really bright whiter. This the most biggest tell for me. That's why from far we can see the gen much shinier. I believe Rep factory it's dirty and using steel with a lot of contamination. Or maybe it's just not the same level.

The Gen crystal much clearer. So the dial looks pop out and crisp. ARF crystal blur and making lot of distraction. BP more worst. It's really easy took good picture using decent smartphone for Gen because the crystal super clear, so the dial looks good. Now i understand why all Rolex Rep picture looks like that in Trusted Dealer.

After i own gen. I really can tell that two things (beside the super fat DW).

Power Reserve My Watch with 60 time manual winding:

ARF 3135 clone (6 month old): 36 h
BP 2824 clone (1,5 years old): 43 h
Gen 3135 (17 years old): 47 h

Last edited:

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Date wheel is way better on BP.
ARF datewheel is totally inaccurate, way too thick, shape of the fonts looks weird. It’s the biggest flaw of that watch.

Reactions: Mille

Lobster2010

Supporter
Certified
4/9/10
Thanks for this a great comparison post. With a better DW that ARF will be a huge winner.

frenchspeakk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/12/17
Hi guys !
Saint888, Thank's to you I got an ARF datejust and I'm very happy with it. What an amazing rep !
However I struggled with the jubilee links. I wanted to remove links but I almost broke the head of screws because they didn't turn at all, and they are already damaged because I forced a bit (too cheap). They are completely locked (despite a WD40 bath) so I stopped. Do you know guys if it's a current issue with jubilee or others rep metal strap ???
Thank's.

Saint888

Known Member
12/5/16
Southeast Asia
Hi guys !
Saint888, Thank's to you I got an ARF datejust and I'm very happy with it. What an amazing rep !
However I struggled with the jubilee links. I wanted to remove links but I almost broke the head of screws because they didn't turn at all, and they are already damaged because I forced a bit (too cheap). They are completely locked (despite a WD40 bath) so I stopped. Do you know guys if it's a current issue with jubilee or others rep metal strap ???
Thank's.

Hi smaouf. In my case. I'm not find difficulties in removing link screw. I have 6 size screwdriver from Panerai to rolex. Maybe u use screwdriver which the head to slim/sharp. Not perfectly fit. I always cover with plastic before put the head to the screw. I also never use WD40.

The screwdriver i always use for BP link screw to slim for ARF. First atempt i also almost bent the head but i stop and change to thicker head size.

Exklusive

I'm Pretty Popular
28/6/15
Hi guys !
Thank's.

How is the date font? Is it really that thick and bad like most members described?

RolexDreamer

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
14/4/18
North America
Thank you, I am looking to franken a date just and your post has solidified that I want a franken ARF DJ 36

R2L

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/4/14
Excellent write-up! Thank you! Just wondering about compatibility of parts - could you replace the bezel on the BP with one from ARF?

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
Thanks for the review and detailed pics. Didn't had a clue arf's crown is placed higher than it should. I wonder why is that since the watch uses a sh3135. Will compare with a gen myself.

i also noticed the bp's sel is longer.

Saint888

Known Member
12/5/16
Southeast Asia
Finally ARF making DJ 36 Two Tone. Did you all see that yet?

LINK

First glance. The DW still fat. The bracelet not as white as ARF SS. I suspect it's not the same material as ARF SS. The bracelet look's like my BP. I don't think ARF will use 904L for TT Bracelet.

The side of the mid link not gold plated (not surprise). The dial look's great.

But currently i will not buy TT replica. I have plated and wrapped but still not satisfied. Better saving to buy TT gen :p

Last edited:

frenchspeakk

2/12/17
Finally ARF making DJ 36 Two Tone. Did you all see that yet?

LINK

First glance. The DW still fat. The bracelet not as white as ARF SS. I suspect it's not the same material as ARF SS. The bracelet look's like my BP. I don't think ARF will use 904L for TT Bracelet.

The side of the mid link not gold plated (not surprise). The dial look's great.

But currently i will not buy TT replica. I have plated and wrapped but still not satisfied. Better saving to buy TT gen :p

Hi. Indeed the new Two tone DJ is fine. ;)
I have a little question about gold rep in general. You said you have plated and wrapped rep. I 'm wondering how reliable is the gold plating on rep case ?
Can I expect keeping it in good condition several years if I wear it just for special occasions ?

Sent from the RWI App

Saint888

Known Member
12/5/16
Southeast Asia
Hi. Indeed the new Two tone DJ is fine. ;)
I have a little question about gold rep in general. You said you have plated and wrapped rep. I 'm wondering how reliable is the gold plating on rep case ?
Can I expect keeping it in good condition several years if I wear it just for special occasions ?

Sent from the RWI App

Hi bro. In daily i wear panerai. So the datejust i only wear in weekend. So i can say the gold plating can survive for long time. Because it's just a rep with gold plating it's not perfect. Even it's new my BP gold plating can seen micro scatch at some spot. Like what i saying in my review they can't really plating perfectly for jubilee bracelet. The end of the center link fading. You can seen that at the photo i took in the review. The oyster bracelet easier plating not to much small parts like jubilee. If you have OCD don't buy gold plating.

My MK wrapped. I wear it when go to beach. My assumtion it's made by brass. Because i can see it's start to tarnish. But not much. Only some spot. But can be restore using cape cod.

frenchspeakk

2/12/17
Hi bro. In daily i wear panerai. So the datejust i only wear in weekend. So i can say the gold plating can survive for long time. Because it's just a rep with gold plating it's not perfect. Even it's new my BP gold plating can seen micro scatch at some spot. Like what i saying in my review they can't really plating perfectly for jubilee bracelet. The end of the center link fading. You can seen that at the photo i took in the review. The oyster bracelet easier plating not to much small parts like jubilee. If you have OCD don't buy gold plating.

My MK wrapped. I wear it when go to beach. My assumtion it's made by brass. Because i can see it's start to tarnish. But not much. Only some spot. But can be restore using cape cod.

Ok I got it. thank's
Actually I ordered a Cartier Ronde solo with rose gold (leather strap) so I wondered how I 'll be able to preserve the RG plating. But I assume that I can just wear occasionally and it will be nice. ;)

DrIch

Known Member
21/2/16
Germany
I can not find the ARF with 904 and sh movement? Where did you purchased your one?

Xky

Known Member
13/9/19
My BP Rose gold TT on oyster changed colour to copper on one half of the bracelet!

Cape cod cloth has been suggested, I don’t think it’ll work, but just purchased the cape cod to give it a try, hopefully that’ll work.

66396c32f5329887e81b2001a937f6b1.jpg

This other guys watch turned completely copper! I will never buy another TT rep. Way to risky for my liking. Imagine paying $1000 for a BP TT wrapped version and it turns copper!

If I ever buy another rep it will only be SS with the new 2019 silver dial, if they ever release it.

69a4a5f2df47a5fed294e5c816e57c05.jpg

My watch is the one laying flat only where only half has turned copper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk