• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"Official DSSD Club"

live1

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
25/3/13
yes they are expensive.but bp insert is really close to gen.the numbers are the same font as gen.only the top of the triangle could be an issue.but not all bp inserts are the same.trusty sells dssd inserts abd the top of the triangle looks nice and round.

stormclock

6/2/12
yes they are expensive.but bp insert is really close to gen.the numbers are the same font as gen.only the top of the triangle could be an issue.but not all bp inserts are the same.trusty sells dssd inserts abd the top of the triangle looks nice and round.

This one? http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_89&products_id=10462

It's the BP insert. Anyway, BP insert font is not as bold as it seems to be in pictures. Check the video here;

http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_8&products_id=10333

A noob relumed by Kenny;

DSC_6045.jpg

benjji

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/13
I post these pictures again .. I hope will help you to understand how good bp insert vs noob ..

see bp and gen longside.....no discussion, bp insert is the best, closer to gen.. and see the nice CG ..
only difference that I have found on bp insert respect to gen insert (PLEASE NOTE WE'RE TALKING ABOUT REP, never it will be as genuine) is really irrelevant .. see red arrows at numer "4"

6a49f22e0ba6982d70cba11cab1f7a35_zpse5987cb2.jpg

bpdssd-Copia-Copia_zps826c3431.jpg

93833273-E2F9-4D05-B7F6-BC7D34715533-3462-0000033989150B1C1_zpsaf8452a2.jpg

benjji

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/13
said this, certainly the best option is to get Gen insert .. but not at $ 900. if you have patience, you can find it with about $ 600.

$900 is too much , mistake...

you have gen insert but remain other defects..crystal is not perfect (BP and noob both).. reahult OGV is not perfect etc ..

stormclock

6/2/12
said this, certainly the best option is to get Gen insert .. but not at $ 900. if you have patience, you can find it with about $ 600.

The day I find myself paying $600 for an insert, I'll stop wearing watches forever :lol:

My main concern with BP's insert is the triangle. I hate it. I think it ruins the whole watch. When I fist looked at this rep, it was the first thing it catched my eye. Just my own point of view.

live1

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
25/3/13
the triangle on some bp inserts are perfect.not all bp inserts are the same bp qc sucks

stormclock

6/2/12
the triangle on some bp inserts are perfect.not all bp inserts are the same bp qc sucks

In the Benjji's pictures is totally flat. Visually, the triangle looks to be slanted to the right. It makes this rep to look cheap. I like better the noob that Kenny has in his hands.

benjji

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/13
lol i give up

+1

@Stormclock: i' am a perfectionist, but you even more mate :p.. any DSSD factory you will buy, I bet you will find more other problems .... DSSD rep has worse flaws than the triangle

stormclock

6/2/12
lol i give up

It's just a point of view :) I see the pros and cons of both versions. Since this week Trevor is still out, I have time to make up my mind.

@Stormclock: i' am a perfectionist, but you even more mate :p.. any DSSD factory you will buy, I bet you will find more other problems .... DSSD rep has worse flaws than the triangle

I did :lol: One flaw nobody commented on is the font on BP's "oyster perpetual" line on the dial. Gen uses a sans-serif font, BP's has serifs :lol:

Whenever I purchase a new rep, I want it perfect right out of the box. I don't want to even hear about mods. Then I start changing things. I relume, I waterproof, I put a new insert, a new pearl... Then a sell the watch and I start again :facepalm:

stormclock

6/2/12
For lovers of big bold fonts;

tag030.jpg

This guy is a TD in another forum but he's out of stock. He didn't tell me what version it was. The triangle here looks slightly curved, more like the gen.

Wdave

Horology Curious
30/5/13
Im in the market to buy a 6.1 Noob factory DSSD but really All ive read about it is the fact that the dial is bad, and the case is great.
Soo... Personally what I want to know is if the Lume is great, or am I going to have to relume it down the line to really shine(no pun intended)

kire612002

Known Member
30/1/14
Thats my bp dssd
Serviced,waterproofed and pearl reglued by ssteel.
The so called swiss eta proved to be mixture of an ETA main plate combined with asian parts.
Also it was a very dry movement.