Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Official DSSD Club"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by tranzmizzion, post: 1158618
    yup it looks great. If I did it again, I'd probably do the pearl, and the lume and skip the rest, the pearl to me is the biggest tell.
    I agree 100% with you. I literally am thinking the exact same thing. I Was planning on getting pearl, lume, single a/r, and bracelet refinish. Can you tell the difference with single a/r and bracelet, and is it worth it in your opinion?

    Thanks again - you are being a HUGE help!

    Comment


      single ar yes, bracelet, meh.... When I got it back I decided to take out the diver extension so I needed to add a couple links, I lost em and had to use ones from a submariner I had. I cant see the difference really. but maybe those links were already refinished?


      anyway all his work is great, I guess it's how anal you want to get. but on the wrist in public, the pearl is the biggest thing imo.

      Comment


        Originally posted by tranzmizzion, post: 1158635
        single ar yes, bracelet, meh.... When I got it back I decided to take out the diver extension so I needed to add a couple links, I lost em and had to use ones from a submariner I had. I cant see the difference really. but maybe those links were already refinished?


        anyway all his work is great, I guess it's how anal you want to get. but on the wrist in public, the pearl is the biggest thing imo.
        Yep - spot on I agree with you 100% regarding the pearl. PBDAD's pearl seems to be the best out there - also DarthAlex looks pretty great too. Have you done a gen comparion with your watch?

        Comment


          Originally posted by xtreme0209, post: 1158639
          Yep - spot on I agree with you 100% regarding the pearl. PBDAD's pearl seems to be the best out there - also DarthAlex looks pretty great too. Have you done a gen comparion with your watch?


          I did, I could spot the differences, the owner of the gen could not, he walked away with a rep for a couple hours.

          Comment


            Originally posted by tranzmizzion, post: 1158644
            I did, I could spot the differences, the owner of the gen could not, he walked away with a rep for a couple hours.
            Pretty impressive! That is great to hear! Thanks so much. Feel free to take some pics haha j/k - but if you feel the need. I would love to see some more! Have a great day!

            Comment


              The BGW9 Super luminova is so close to gen it is hard to tell them apart. I have a Gen Deep Sea Bezel and pearl I use for reference and the lume color matches the luminova I use. A white base needs to be put under the lume of the pearl and markers (Rolex does this) which makes the blue a little lighter and brighter. Rep lume as comes on most DSSD's is way too blue. The gen lume is more of an Aqua and it is the brightest of the Luminova colors when it comes to lumen output.

              Comment


                Originally posted by DarthAlex, post: 1158733
                The BGW9 Super luminova is so close to gen it is hard to tell them apart. I have a Gen Deep Sea Bezel and pearl I use for reference and the lume color matches the luminova I use. A white base needs to be put under the lume of the pearl and markers (Rolex does this) which makes the blue a little lighter and brighter. Rep lume as comes on most DSSD's is way too blue. The gen lume is more of an Aqua and it is the brightest of the Luminova colors when it comes to lumen output.
                DarthAlex - I have been trying to contact you to have my DSSD re-lumed and new pearl. Please let me know the best way to get ahold of you. Thanks

                Comment


                  Bump!

                  Please read here before sending a PM to staff.

                  R.I.P. T4D

                  Comment


                    Joining the club soon

                    Just wanted to say that i am in the middle of the buy with sead just waiting for the payment info, and hopefully in a very short time i will be a part of this fantastic club:maty:
                    Reps:
                    Rolex DSSD ; Oris Prodiver ; Omega Ploprof ; Tudor Pelagos ; Blancpain Fifty Fathoms ; Omega CrPO



                    Comment


                      Just picked up a BK DSSD from another member on the forum. Put me down for DSSD club membership.
                      Guru in Training

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by toolman, post: 1198058
                        Just picked up a BK DSSD from another member on the forum. Put me down for DSSD club membership.
                        Worthless without pics my friend. ; )

                        Your "down" when the wristie has been posted.


                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        "...MI6 looks for maladjusted young men who give little thought to sacrificing others in order to protect queen and country. You know, former SAS types with their easy smiles and expensive watches... Rolex?"

                        "OMEEEGA"


                        Comment


                          Originally posted by G30, post: 1198094
                          Worthless without pics my friend. ; )

                          Your "down" when the wristie has been posted.


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Fair enough...
                          Guru in Training

                          Comment


                            I'll be joining the club shortly....











                            Comment


                              Originally posted by ci1031, post: 1157847
                              I recently bought a modified DSSD from a fellow member here. The watch was built using two different watches; one Ultimate DSSD from PT with the thin metal rings on the dial and one from Trevor with the correct 10 Bezel.

                              The following mods were first done by DarthAlex:
                              • He kept the base/case of the watch and dial from PT and installed the A2836 movement and correct bezel @10 from Trevor.
                              • Full pearl, dial and hands SUPER LUMINOVA BG-W9
                              • Custom Pearl modification
                              • Water proofing. Gaskets sealed and tested at 200 meters.
                              • Matte finish dial


                              When I purchased the watch the seller sent it back to Darth Alex to take care of a piece of lint on the face and I had him do a couple more:
                              • Re-brush the bracelet using the correct wheel to match the gen brushing
                              • Platinum paint mod on the insert to match gen


                              The paint mod is the closest to gen I've seen. The color is spot on.

                              Here are the details:

                              First a few shots of the watch:








                              Now on to the pearl mod:




                              Lume Shot:



                              Here's another in daylight after just being out in the sun:



                              ...And here's where it resides today:



                              Thanks to DarthAlex and Cptkirk for a great watch! I'll be sending my blue ceramic sub to DarthAlex soon for lume, pearl and paint mod.
                              Wow this ones really impressive!

                              Darth - you really got the DSSD details nailed down dude.
                              Om3ga_guy


                              Need [COLOR=rgb(255, 140, 0)]Help ?[/COLOR] [COLOR=rgb(178, 34, 34)]Ask Me[/COLOR] I'm [COLOR=rgb(0, 128, 0)]NOOB Friendly[/COLOR]
                              [COLOR=rgb(192, 192, 192)][/COLOR]
                              [COLOR=rgb(192, 192, 192)][/COLOR]
                              [COLOR=rgb(192, 192, 192)]:B:[COLOR=rgb(192, 192, 192)]If your looking forGEN[COLOR=rgb(0, 128, 0)] Rolex's in CANADA please PM me!:B:[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]

                              Comment


                                I ordered a Deepsea V7 from one of the TDs, but I am not sure at all if that is what I got. The serial no. on the rehaut is M660304, which some googling seems to reveal to be an old Trevor model. The lume on the dial is green, while the pearl is blue. And also, the bezel insert appears to be made with a very very fine grey grain in it, whereas my submariners ceramic insert is a perfect smooth black. The OGEV/RLS text is slightly askew, it is centered between the ES and CK, and I have never seen that in any picture of any Deepsea rep.

                                Question is, has anyone ever heard of a bezel insert like that? Where can I get an insert that is perfectly black, like the one on my sub? Why is the dial green? Can the OGEV/RLS text be fixed? And what version rep even is this at all?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X