• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"Official DSSD Club"

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
Can I join ? :)
s6301528a.jpg

Excellent watch! Great dial on this, and fantastic lume. I would check to see if the RING LOCK can be adjusted, it looks like it's turned slightly counter-clockwise. A straight on shot would be helpful in determining that, also tell us where you got it from.

1kenny1kenny1

Renowned Member
4/6/10
Thank you DarthAlex and ThinkBachs !

ThinkBachs the watch is the Replicamakes 88USD version, what I have bought from other member for 50USD. It had damaged bezel and missing pearl. So I had to disassemble the whole watch, and in the process I have also done the relume. Here are the things I done to this watch
modingtodssd.jpg

I tried to remove the bezel, but looks like I would have to use hammer to take it off to get to the RING LOCK. So I managed to align it by the movement, but I am happy that how it is... It is only V3 version I think. So here is picture you requested.

s6301505.jpg

Is not totally centered, but I am happy with it now... :)

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
ThinkBachs the watch is the Replicamakes 88USD version, what I have bought from other member for 50USD.

• Excellent price!

It had damaged bezel and missing pearl. So I had to disassemble the whole watch, and in the process I have also done the relume. Here are the things I done to this watch

• Great job doing the relume

I tried to remove the bezel, but looks like I would have to use hammer to take it off to get to the RING LOCK.

• You ding-dong! You don't have to remove the bezel to access the RING LOCK. Not all reps have the RING LOCK separate from the case, some or most are one with the case. Looking at the head on shot, it's not anything I would worry about. If it were one which had the RING LOCK separate from the case (like the version BK sells), you would disassemble the watch, remove the crystal and access it that way.

• As far as the HEV goes, this has an excellent one as well. I think the only thing I would do at this point is remove the bezel insert (attached with double stick tape that needs to be heated and worked to remove) and recenter the pearl, gluing it from behind.
Overall, this looks better than a BK version, IMHO- particularly because of the round dial markers.

1kenny1kenny1

Renowned Member
4/6/10
ThinkBachs I didn't know that when I was modding my watch, that ring lock could be with one with the case. I got info only from the guide of comparing Rep DSSD and Gen DSSD, and from that guide, I got the information regarding RING LOCK separate from the case. Never the less, no harm was done :) the pearl was added to its position by me, I know again, it is not accurate in the middle of the triangle. As for the HE valve, I better seal it, to decrease the chance of leaking to minimum :)

BK has got MANY MANY MANY reps modded, this was my first modding (including my first reluming), and I have learned a lot. I can not be compared to him, he is bigger watchsmith than me. But I thank you for your praise :)

Hi imbisibol! :) yes it is me. I was always intrigued that "..what is it that dark secret society called DSSD Club ?..." :thinking: :lol: Thank you ! I hope that in beginning of April there will be another tutorial of modding my Submariner :)

johnnydeepsea

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
18/2/11
First off the DSSD with the lume shot is amazing well done on that. I have a question what is a pro hunter DSSD and why is it in Red? I have never seen a Gen like it before it is a nice looking watch!

GC

I'm Pretty Popular
1/2/10
this is the best thread i ever posted! thank you to all those that keep it going and add brilliant info to it daily!

GC

I'm Pretty Popular
1/2/10
What about the rest of us?? ;-)

uhhhhh....it is about you! that's what i'm say'n... this thread is brilliant because all of the members that keep it going and add a wealth of info to it, for that i am humbled & thankful!

it's a great feeling to see 40 pages of pics, info, and contributions to a little thread i started ages ago. that's all i was say'n buddy!

johnnydeepsea

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
18/2/11
Ok so they give you red wording and a 1 to 100 engraved on the back for 5 grand and I thought it was nuts to spend 10 grand on the watch. I have to say the Replica is very nice though and you could pass that off as a Gen any day since their pearl and bezel are different.

Dr.Verylong

Legendary Member
Advisor
2/8/09
Ok so they give you red wording and a 1 to 100 engraved on the back for 5 grand and I thought it was nuts to spend 10 grand on the watch.
They turn it from shiny SS to black - PVD on bracelet and case, new dial etc. There is more to it than just a red wording ;)