• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Comparison - Rolex 116622 Yacht-Master (JF vs Noob vs Gen) *Pics Heavy*

LuminorReptar

RepTime BST Mod
27/3/17
Beyond the Pines.
Hey guys, I got my hands on a Noob 116622 Yacht-Master so decided to post another round of comparison pictures, this time trying to detail the differences between JF , Noob , and Gen..

Please excuse the photo quality, still operating on an iPhone 6 and its really tough to get good macro shots, especially dealing with reflections of light etc.

Enjoy!

cbZ0XIi.jpg

Hr1D1mx.jpg

kL3kQUs.jpg

thltGa3.jpg

1z4B95Q.jpg

Dk977Di.jpg

K2S9sR6.jpg

2pNtxJb.jpg

Ty08lhO.jpg

j9yXwcq.jpg

gmPLS8k.jpg

5BP5fbp.jpg

mY1tgXB.jpg

Go6kp6k.jpg

liFVtri.jpg

qgw2Ddn.jpg

Os5GpQb.jpg

ZNKRb6S.jpg

WI7RiHt.jpg

QzPz62k.jpg

l2RgTkb.jpg

K7x9bul.jpg

1dCYZAd.jpg

Pa9dHDm.jpg

nexezz

I'm Pretty Popular
25/4/17
Pretty surprised at how much the dial colour differs between the rep and the gen since I've always thought they were quite close.

Surprised at how different the Noob and JF are too, especially with that date font.

Great post and great gen to own :)

D

d4m.test

damn nice one! both noob and jf has there ups and downs

drew4392

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/9/09
Great post, thanks! JF dial seems more accurate. Noob case *seems* to be more favorable.

Really helpful.

D

d4m.test

Appreciate this post, especially since I'm in the process of going for the blue dial version, but have been bouncing back and forth between JF & Noob, SA3135 vs 2824-2. Do not plan on doing any mods, so need to figure out which is the best "out the box"..

Since you were able to physically hold both along with the gen, does either the Noob or JF strike you as being most similar to gen?

Jason241

Horology Curious
11/9/16
Ja
For the bezel and case shape Noob beats the JF by miles. It is very obvious in side by side pics especially in lume shots. Until now I was always favouring JF for this model as there was another thread that compared the blue dials for both reps.

D

d4m.test

Appreciate this post, especially since I'm in the process of going for the blue dial version, but have been bouncing back and forth between JF & Noob, SA3135 vs 2824-2. Do not plan on doing any mods, so need to figure out which is the best "out the box"..

Since you were able to physically hold both along with the gen, does either the Noob or JF strike you as being most similar to gen?

I've been looking at the same and from what I've read the JF blue dial has a nice sunburst effect like the gen whereas the noob doesn't. I think the ultimate would be a noob case with the JF dial but obviously involves some modding.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Great source thnx but you forgot one pic in sun light will see the dial in sun reflecting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

d4m.test

I've been looking at the same and from what I've read the JF blue dial has a nice sunburst effect like the gen whereas the noob doesn't. I think the ultimate would be a noob case with the JF dial but obviously involves some modding.

Yeah, that seems to be the best way to go. I'm not oppose to modding, but I'm fairly new here and I already spend too much time researching watches, so to branch out into the modification threads may become overwhelming at this point lol.

D

d4m.test

buy both and put the jf dial in the noob..is that possible dont know how the bracelet is. watchoutlet sell them verry cheap

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
If no pic on sunlight we cannot see the real Dial reflection, I’m sure under sunlight will see completely Wrong Noob

Reactions: Bolf

LuminorReptar

RepTime BST Mod
27/3/17
Beyond the Pines.
If no pic on sunlight we cannot see the real Dial reflection, I’m sure under sunlight will see completely Wrong Noob

Any basis why you’re speculating “completely wrong Noob” ?

Do you have pics to compare and confirm from your side?

Will try to get some sunlight pics soon.

Sent from the RWI App

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
Very nice thank you for your effort!! It’s like I always say, the gen looks like a million dollar, it’s perfect inside out! Look how the hands and dial pop out!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Any basis why you’re speculating “completely wrong Noob” ?

Do you have pics to compare and confirm from your side?

Will try to get some sunlight pics soon.

Sent from the RWI App

Try and show us plz ..