• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3135 Date Disc Options

Tickleshoes

Renowned Member
Supporter
19/8/15
45th Parallel
I apologize that this isn’t as comprehensive as I’d like yet. I’ll come back and add to it but since I had them out I thought I’d share a pic of all the various date disc options for Yuki/SH/SA movements. These aren’t overlays although I’ve got some TCs I can add in for comparison too.

From left to right: Yuki, SH v1, SH v2, SA/Noob, WSO, Gen.

3261d7fa21c5405648c84da6e7a99284.jpg

Subtle difference between the SH discs but under the cyclops they are in fact slightly thinner.

Just figured I’d share :)

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
WSO looks great, I never knew.

SH look thick even without magnification.

Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theREALgoat

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
14/8/14
I always thought the SA font was comically big.

nightwalk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/5/07
Wso by far the best upon them after gen.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

Midnightx

17/3/17
Wso by far the best upon them after gen.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

Font seems pretty thick to me which is why I would choose Noob the edges of the disc aren't the same but you wouldn't see that part when its in the watch...

Reactions: KJ2020

bfiuza

23/3/15
Sorry, but whats is Wso ?

Enviado de meu SM-G935F usando Tapatalk

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
Wso = Wholesaleoutlet990 on ebay.

OP, many thanks for sharing!

LifeTrekker

Known Member
20/10/15
Thanks for sharing Tickleshoes. That is a great side-by-side comparison, and very useful, especially to someone like me who is in the process of making a decision about what DW to order for my JF 16610LN build.

To my eyes the numbers on the noob DW look pretty good width wise, but it appears that there are little serifs missing on some of them that are present on the gen DW. This is a subtle difference, but something that is definitely visible.

So the question is whether the gen DW is worth the extra money or not? I guess the answer just depends on what kind of a build you are going for, and how much you are willing to pay for it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Midnightx

17/3/17
Thanks for sharing Tickleshoes. That is a great side-by-side comparison, and very useful, especially to someone like me who is in the process of making a decision about what DW to order for my JF 16610LN build.

To my eyes the numbers on the noob DW look pretty good width wise, but it appears that there are little serifs missing on some of them that are present on the gen DW. This is a subtle difference, but something that is definitely visible.

So the question is whether the gen DW is worth the extra money or not? I guess the answer just depends on what kind of a build you are going for, and how much you are willing to pay for it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I spent ~90$ on a mint roulette datewheel on ebay a few weeks back for my dj 36 build. Wasn't sure if it was gen or not but this post confirmed it in my eyes, the numbers all have those proper extra markings on the 1's and 7's etc. and the teeth as well as the thickness of the white space around the outer edge of the numbers are correct so I am now very happy! :) :)
Let me know what you all think! Also idk why but the lighting made the red numbers look neon lol
ZWquTZ5.jpg

Tickleshoes

Renowned Member
Supporter
19/8/15
45th Parallel
Yeah it’s gen.

The biggest tells for me are the top being perfectly flat and white all the way out onto the teeth. Most reps are only partially painted or the teeth rounded/sloppy painted.

Midnightx

17/3/17
Now if only the first dj36 I bought this datewheel for hadn't been seized and I didn't have to wait so much longer than I wanted to to pop this bad boy in! :)

swampi

Known Member
27/9/14
A very relevant thread @Tickleshoes [emoji122]

One of the most overlooked aspects is the serif! People have spent tons of time on dissecting these fonts and it’s subtleties!

Where does this from perfect clone stack up?
deba4a40b290f508e1af3766386e00c1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

silentflight

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/6/13
I've heard that WSO has had problems not turning correctly.

Has anyone used one?

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
Thank you OP for that, very useful!! I love looking at a gen DW through a gen cyclops, cannot settle for anything less.. maybe TC is close to gen as well