• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen SD4k 116600 vs Noob 116600 v2, A3135 [UK]

johnlia

Watchlover
23/1/17
Italy
Haha, I’m doubting between an AP 15400 and this Rolex :)
A glossy dial would be the dealbreaker, it should be matte like the 3135 version.

Just wonder if the 2836 has the same dial... some member said in the past the dial was glossy. Maybe it’s updated?

Bro.. get a sd4k don’t worry about... you will get a good watch! Ap has many flaws like thickness etc.. sd is almost the same as gen you can just mod the insert or the dial... mine is matt under sunlight...

Viktor

12/3/14
Bro.. get a sd4k don’t worry about... you will get a good watch! Ap has many flaws like thickness etc.. sd is almost the same as gen you can just mod the insert or the dial... mine is matt under sunlight...

Thanks! Do you have 2836?

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
The ARF cyclops does have a black hole effect from looking at all these pictures from guys that already have it. What else is non OEM look

My SD43k arrived.....You’re right, the ARF cyclops is amazing. Very good quality indeed. Black hole is good enough to my eyes.

e71ad2899ebfb4091e2ce7d432c94fed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

d4m.test

I have already been through this exercise with most TD's - V2 is no longer available in either movements. This was validated by some of forum members as well. However they do have an updated version but there seems to be some flaws more particularly with the SEL. They may advertise as v2 but you have to be extremely cautious with the QC process to ensure you getting a good one. Some say they have used submariner SEL's which sits more recessed rather than protruding.

Hope this will assist with your search. Good luck

oh and I decided to order the new ARF SD43 instead as the overall quality seems to be superior. Plus wanted to try out cyclops.

Dopegti

Horology Curious
25/5/13
I have already been through this exercise with most TD's - V2 is no longer available in either movements. This was validated by some of forum members as well. However they do have an updated version but there seems to be some flaws more particularly with the SEL. They may advertise as v2 but you have to be extremely cautious with the QC process to ensure you getting a good one. Some say they have used submariner SEL's which sits more recessed rather than protruding.

Hope this will assist with your search. Good luck

oh and I decided to order the new ARF SD43 instead as the overall quality seems to be superior. Plus wanted to try out cyclops.
I just ordered the sd4000 3135 v2 from intime. Are you sure there is no more v2 around? I am looking at the qc pics and the sel does look like it is sitting more flushed to the lugs. I am getting them to send me better pictures to verify.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Who cares about SEL flush or no flush. Just get it! Lol

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
RWI induced SEL panic / trauma.

Lol. Yeh. For all we know there is a small batch of gen variation that has flush SEL. Who can prove otherwise? We’re just relying on gen pictures from the internet.

Ruski91

Put Some Respect On My Name
12/10/12
Lol. Yeh. For all we know there is a small batch of gen variation that has flush SEL. Who can prove otherwise? We’re just relying on gen pictures from the internet.

I dunno man - when i got the V2 modified by BK for my dad i compared it with one at tourneau and the SEL fit was spot on, they do not sit flat with the lugs, but rather stick out towards the bottom of the lugs the same exact way the did. It really did look great and now knowing that, i wouldnt want this watch with a SEL that sits flat or looks any different. Its one of those things that once you know, will bother you. Sometimes its easier not knowing some of the flaws of our watches lol :) RWI has changed our views on lots of things, not just SEL fitment. Chears guys - good luck in the hunt.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
I dunno man - when i got the V2 modified by BK for my dad i compared it with one at tourneau and the SEL fit was spot on, they do not sit flat with the lugs, but rather stick out towards the bottom of the lugs the same exact way the did.

I know what you’re saying mate.

My gen also has over-hanging SELs (see gen vs rep OP) but I don’t know if EVERY gen batch ever made has the same SEL design.

Rolex always have different batch variations....on rare watches like the SD4k, its impossible to prove that there is or is not a flush SEL variation in gen. [emoji6]

Ps. What “Mods” did BK do?

Ruski91

Put Some Respect On My Name
12/10/12
I know what you’re saying mate.

My gen also has over-hanging SELs (see gen vs rep OP) but I don’t know if EVERY gen batch ever made has the same SEL design.

Rolex always have different batch variations....on rare watches like the SD4k, its impossible to prove that there is or is not a flush SEL variation in gen. [emoji6]

Ps. What “Mods” did BK do?

Just copied and pasted from his SD4K listing:

Movement: Swiss ETA 2824-2

Mods:

- center the pearl
- reinstall DWO for better date positions
- straighten 6, 9 markers which sometimes are crooked
- line up the 12 o'clock marker to the engraved Rolex coronet on the rehaut
- set proper crown stem length. Noobfactory sometimes make it too long which puts pressure on the movement and can diminish WR
- tighten bezel => no rocking bezel

D

d4m.test

Just received information, that my delivery of V2 116600 got confiscated by customs :(( hope there is still one in stock (V2)