• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I've got two MBW's on order....

gruffster

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/6/06
Ordered a red letter 1680 sub from Luckyyy and a white letter SD from George. Communication with Luckyyy pretty much stops once the money is sent, but George has been excellent communicating.

I'm pretty confident which will be here first, and hoping that the other will arrive at all.

These are my first MBW's, and my first Rolex reps, so I'm looking forward to checking them out in person.

Thanks all for the advice prior to my ordering.

Dave

bremerk2

26/3/06
MBW

I am communicating withh Luckyyy, but hesitating with all the negative comments flying about. Who is George?

gruffster

4/6/06
Re: MBW

bremerk2 said:
I am communicating withh Luckyyy, but hesitating with all the negative comments flying about. Who is George?

George is another source for MBW - at least for some models (he is out of DRSD). He is in Europe, I believe, possibly Greece. I'm sure someone will correct me, but that is where he said the watch will ship from.

He has a site http://watches-photogallery.com/, but it is down for a few days. The site has pics, but is not really a sales site like other dealers. Also, he accepts Paypal. His price was higher than Luckyyy, but I decided for peace of mind and being able to use Paypal, I would pay the premium.

Now, lets see what comes, and from who.

Hope that helps.

nonskeder

5/6/06
Gruffster: I have both watches you have ordered. Your going to like them a lot. The watches have always come with time. The waiting is the hard part. Have the movements serviced and your good to go. If you must mod them then talk to RBJ as he will treat you right from the get go. Enjoy them!! John.

gruffster

4/6/06
nonskeder said:
Gruffster: I have both watches you have ordered. Your going to like them a lot. The watches have always come with time. The waiting is the hard part. Have the movements serviced and your good to go. If you must mod them then talk to RBJ as he will treat you right from the get go. Enjoy them!! John.

Hey John - who did you have service the movements?

Thanks

Dave

nonskeder

5/6/06
I have used both Ziggy and RBJ and was satisfied with both. Im thinking that if a local guy that worked on reps with ETA's could be found that would be the best way to go. Less mail problems. If you are going to mod the watch then it can be and should be done at that time. RBJ has all that in his bag of tricks and he does a great job. He uses a friend who is a watch repair guy so he does a good job. I think that with the quality of the MBW watch very little needs to be done to it except for a bezel insert and servicing. The rest of the mods will be determined on how far you want to go to make it perfect. With that being said damn few people will know it is a rep right from MBW. Hope this helps, John.

vmena

9/4/06
Could you give me the George's mail address? I tried with the one at his web site but no answer. Thanks.

VFORCE

Known Member
3/4/06
gruffster I also have the same problem with luckyyy when it comes to him answering his e-mails after payment but then i got him to answer after I sent him another E-mail from another web e-mail. I just don't understand why all we want is and update on the watch at least that's what I want. :x