• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

EXPLORER I 214270 2016 BASELWORLD 39MM V2 JF VS GEN

Heimdallr

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/4/18
How far off from the JF are the BP and/or Noob. I would prefer not to mess with the SH3132
From what I've read the JF is the best option out. Also the SH3132 is a fine movement but it's recommend to get it service right away. Not servicing it and waiting for a problem is likely to make any potential problem worse. I read that there are issues with the 3132 date, but 214270 doesn't have a date so it's fine. At least based on my reading up so far.

So of the reasons why the JF is better is that the crown position is matched to Gen while the noob and BP sit too high. The crown on those also has a useless step which would be for a date, but obvious 214270 doesn't have a date so that's wrong too.

I know JF corrected the text so you won't see E XPLOR E R. I did read that the dial is better on the BP though.

Anyone please feel free to correct or chime in.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Therion666

Cooldaddyfunk286

20/6/18
NY
Man, I kinda want one of these, or a milgaus. Which rep is more super rep? Don't see many milgaus on here lately. Is no one making a good rep? Great thread.

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
Heimdallr Thanks mate :)

And you are absolutely correct about the movement and general facts and details about this rep. I admire your dedication, there are not many members that do their homework this thoroughly. Well done! :) I hope your TD finds you a good one, you deserve it.

Heimdallr

15/4/18
Thank you sir! I'm patiently waiting for my qc pics. I've lined up someone to service it as soon as I get it. I'm getting more antsy by the day haha!
Heimdallr Thanks mate :)

And you are absolutely correct about the movement and general facts and details about this rep. I admire your dedication, there are not many members that do their homework this thoroughly. Well done! :) I hope your TD finds you a good one, you deserve it.

Heimdallr

15/4/18
Therion666 can you post a lume shot if you ever have the chance? Curious to see. Thanks!

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
Therion666 can you post a lume shot if you ever have the chance? Curious to see. Thanks!

Sure, no problem mate. I took it to my watchsmith on Tuesday for service, but I think it might be done by tomorrow, so I can do one then.

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
Just picked up the watch. My watchsmith was very impressed by the movement, it's the 3rd SH3132 he's worked on since doing business with me. He said that it's improved since the OP39 I brought to him a couple of months ago. It was already very clean and properly oiled. He has cleaned it some more, oiled it and greased the gaskets. He said that there are two gaskets on the stem.
Anyway here's a lume shot.

It's OK, but quite pale compared to my Tuna :)

Reactions: Maron and TonyDog

Heimdallr

15/4/18
Just picked up the watch. My watchsmith was very impressed by the movement, it's the 3rd SH3132 he's worked on since doing business with me. He said that it's improved since the OP39 I brought to him a couple of months ago. It was already very clean and properly oiled. He has cleaned it some more, oiled it and greased the gaskets. He said that there are two gaskets on the stem.
Anyway here's a lume shot.

It's OK, but quite pale compared to my Tuna :)
Looks great and glad to hear about the movement. I can see the blue tint in the lume which is nice. I can't wait. Still on the edge of my seat for my qc pics lol. Are you in the CONUS?

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
Yeah, it's blue, just like the real deal :)
Handwinding is buttery smooth and you can't even hear the rotor as you shake the watch.
Those QCs are taking a while now, huh? This was one of the longest waits for me too, it took almost 2 months from the first inquiry to delivery. I almost canceled my order and ordered the Zeno Basel Explorer instead :) But I'm glad I didn't, because Zeno is 36mm and this one is already at my lowest limit size wise.
Oh, I'm not from the US, I'm from Slovenia.

Heimdallr

15/4/18
Yeah, it's blue, just like the real deal :)
Handwinding is buttery smooth and you can't even hear the rotor as you shake the watch.
Those QCs are taking a while now, huh? This was one of the longest waits for me too, it took almost 2 months from the first inquiry to delivery. I almost canceled my order and ordered the Zeno Basel Explorer instead :) But I'm glad I didn't, because Zeno is 36mm and this one is already at my lowest limit size wise.
Oh, I'm not from the US, I'm from Slovenia.
Yes taking too long. Feel like I'm watching paint dry haha

zumafan69

Known Member
13/7/16
Has the SH3132 on the ARF been modified so as to require an immediate service like the JF?