X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KJ2020 View Post
    a) 40
    c1) change time any time.
    Ok, I was confused because on p1 of this thread it was said that: "- Apparently never adjust any of the hands using a clockwise direction on the crown if possible (I found this impractical when setting the minute hand, and mine has not broken).
    - I also noticed that moving my crown anti-clockwise changes the the time forwards, which seems to be the opposite to the gen, in which it would adjust the time forwards. So in short, the crown movement seems to adjust things backwards... A little bit strange, but none the less, something to be aware of." --> As a result I thought, that winding must be also anti-clockwise. Just to make it crystal clear: wind the watch clockwise not anti clockwise. For the rest (date, gmt etc.) anti-clockwise, correkt?

do not change date between 2200-0200 LOCAL time as indicated by the HOUR hand.
    Affirmative! But isnt it the case, that if i would change the time in that period, that i automatically would be changing the date as well?

c2) when changing DATE, advance hands FORWARD. On the 2824 CHS movement this is done by turning the crown CCW.
    Bear with me: can you specify/explain that in more detail as I am not native English speaker. I got the a3186. What do you mean with advance hands forward?

c1) do not worry about referring to the GMT hand when changing the DATE. See c1 above
    But on p1 they say "- Never adjust the hour/date hand in position 2, whilst GMT hand is between 10:00 - 02:20. This will break the movement apparently." Now im confused?

c2) All ROLEX GMT reps and gen GMT hands are 24 hour hands
    Maybe its a language thing: I dont understand it. Are you saying that it is normal, that the hour hand is moving x2 than the GMT hand? Because that is what I am seeing on my watch.

Thanks again in advance!

Additional question: can I wind the watch again even it is still running (to avoid itll stop soonly) and if so, also 40 or less windings?
    Last edited by Watch-Out; 07-02-20, 22:44.

Comment

?

Comment

Originally posted by Watch-Out View Post

Affirmative! But isnt it the case, that if i would change the time in that period, that i automatically would be changing the date as well?
        Yes. This caution means don't adjust the DATE in crown position 2

Bear with me: can you specify/explain that in more detail as I am not native English speaker. I got the a3186. What do you mean with advance hands forward?
        Hands forward = clockwise
        Hands backwards = counter clockwise (CCW)
        Crown can be rotated forward (CW) or backward (CCW)

For most rep GMT movements, rotating crown CCW moves hands CW. This is opposite of gen.

But on p1 they say "- Never adjust the hour/date hand in position 2, whilst GMT hand is between 10:00 - 02:20. This will break the movement apparently." Now im confused?
        Disregard that warning

Maybe its a language thing: I dont understand it. Are you saying that it is normal, that the hour hand is moving x2 than the GMT hand? Because that is what I am seeing on my watch.
        Yes it is normal

Thanks again in advance!

Additional question: can I wind the watch again even it is still running (to avoid itll stop soonly) and if so, also 40 or less windings?
        Wind 40 always is OK, the mainspring will slip on excess. You can feel this it is not harmful
        We are all related in time since time is relative to us all.
        GMT Movements Explained
        BP Rolex 16710 GMT Full Review VS Gen
        Swap your CHS movement to ICHS - possible?
        The Fantasy Watch Thread
        Noob GMT's poor bezel design
        Ceramic insert paint mod

Double Nine Gonzo!

Comment

Im also looking to source a GMT II so thank you for this! How prone is the A3186 to breaking since it has more complex movement?

Comment

I have replica 116710BLNR with 3186 movement. I was informed by the seller, that it was the top of the line product with exact replica movement. However I have noticed that when changing the date with the jump hour hand, on moving the hour hand back, the date does not move back to the previous day.
            Is this normal for a replica 3186 movement

Comment

Originally posted by rahul1407 View Post
              I have replica 116710BLNR with 3186 movement. I was informed by the seller, that it was the top of the line product with exact replica movement. However I have noticed that when changing the date with the jump hour hand, on moving the hour hand back, the date does not move back to the previous day.
              Is this normal for a replica 3186 movement
              Please read my questions and the answers I have been given... Best way is to not play with the jumping hour hand. Especially not backwards. Best way is to change date in time setting mode. It takes a long time but lowest risk to damage sth.

Comment

Fantastic post. Thanks!

Comment

Hey guys,

Saw this listing - https://puretimewatch.io/gmt-master-...sa3186-v2.html

Movement is advertised as A2836, so the "safe bet" movement. However, the title says the movement is a SA3186 V2.
                  Bit of a newbie here, is this a timebomb?
                  if so, is it not worth the purchase despite the significantly better price compared to alternatives?

Comment

Originally posted by jaywatchman View Post
                    Hey guys,

Saw this listing - https://puretimewatch.io/gmt-master-...sa3186-v2.html

Movement is advertised as A2836, so the "safe bet" movement. However, the title says the movement is a SA3186 V2.
                    Bit of a newbie here, is this a timebomb?
                    if so, is it not worth the purchase despite the significantly better price compared to alternatives?
                    I know you already have your answer from another thread, reposting it here for the benefit of others.

The web description is wrong, although the 2824 CHS timebomb is often mischaracterized as having a 2836.

In GMT Movements Explained, I explained how to identify what you see in the ad pics.

1. The hour hand is on the bottom of the handstack, so it is CHS.

2. The movement is an ETA clone.

There is only one correct conclusion that can be made from those two facts. It is a 2824 CHS timebomb movement.
                    We are all related in time since time is relative to us all.
                    GMT Movements Explained
                    BP Rolex 16710 GMT Full Review VS Gen
                    Swap your CHS movement to ICHS - possible?
                    The Fantasy Watch Thread
                    Noob GMT's poor bezel design
                    Ceramic insert paint mod

Double Nine Gonzo!

Comment

Deleted. Reposted in the more relevant thread.
                      Last edited by James2020; 01-08-20, 03:35.
                      The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.

Comment

Very useful thread. Thanks.
                        My collection:

Breguet Type XX Aero-Trans | Rolex Sea Dweller Comex 4000 | PAM 359 | Omega Speedy 21J |
                        Breitling Navi B01 | Rolex DD40 Plat/Ice Blue

GENS: Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch | Hamilton Jazzmaster Maestro | Bulova Super Seville

Comment

Working...
                        X