• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob ceramic insert with platinum plating

Spongebob

8/9/10
I would pay for this service..........but when I checked on the platinum powder prices everywhere I found it, it was crazy expensive!!!
If I remember correct like $1800.00 gram! I will try find the links! These were 3 micron powders but could get different grinds.

Yes, the price for high purity Pt is very expensive, i will try to evaluate the cost of this mod....lol

Spongebob

8/9/10
This is the best thing I've ever seen But how much does this service cost.because if you do that plat plating to the v7 hulk insert and the ln inserts that will pretty much no need to go gen on inserts

The cost is still under evaluation, but i know noob is always working on the color of this LV insert, hope they will get the color correct or more close, just like the V7 insert you mentioned.

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Wow wow
The cost is still under evaluation, but i know noob is always working on the color of this LV insert, hope they will get the color correct or more close, just like the V7 insert you mentioned.
Noob will never get it right.so forget about that

Ironmanic

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/6/15
Wondering how much a mod like this would cost. Is it DIY friendly for a handy person or requires a specialized skill set / tools?

happy2017

3/1/17
I want to see pictures taken under dim light at an angle. All the photos are taken with light shining on the bezels and even the stock v7 looks good.
The real test should be with no light directly hitting the surface at 90°

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
I started reading this thread thinking it was going to be another disappointing paint mod, but I was very wrong, this is brilliant.

OP you have succeeded in doing something others have been trying for years. I will send all my inserts to you right away if and when you start offering this

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Oris

Public Figure
Supporter
25/7/13
I would 100% buy an insert like this from you.
Please consider supplying your treated inserts for sale : )

For the right price, I'm sure they'd sell like absolute hotcakes.

ambernectar

You're Saying I Can Sell?
MULTI ACCOUNT
10/2/15
Subscribed to the thread so I can see the cost, results are fairly awesome, by far the biggest tell on a v6s/v7 is the ceramic insert, hope it's a cost effective PVD solution :cool:

Bizznes101

Renowned Member
19/5/16
Very resourceful. This community is amazing.
Dude, the platinum looks spot on. Especially once you chamfer the cutouts. Very very close to gen. Super impressive.
Great job and good luck trying to scale it for us.

silentflight

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/6/13
I would be willing to drop 300+ for one of these inserts.

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
A rep insert with nice paint is still a rep insert, they are fragile and crack unlike the gen. The last v7 insert I bought was $85 plus postage, $385 for a rep insert? Not sure about that

OP is the insert you have modded cracked at the triangle?

Sent from the RWI mobile app