• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Who has the best sub? A guide for noobs

Ecender

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/10/18
Miami, Fl
Why so few likes (2)? People prefer to write compliments rather than hit the like bottom and is ok, but this thread really deserves more likes, as well as others that are lacking of it.

itgoes211

10/4/19
Great post, thank you. Very helpful as I am a newbie. The time and effort you put into this including links and pics are much appreciated.

Reactions: Nivka

primas

Looking Around
15/5/13
Hi guys,

I bought a rep Rolex Submariner 116610 v6s (noob factory) from Kuvarsit 3 years ago. The watch metal strap lost a few of the pins that hold the different strap parts together. I took the watch to the repair shop but they said since this is a replica, the sizes of the pins vary significantly so they don't have that size and can't help me. Do you know where I can buy such strap pins from for my watch? I don't want to throw it away, it still looks very good.

Thank you in advance,
Stefan

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
Hi guys,

I bought a rep Rolex Submariner 116610 v6s (noob factory) from Kuvarsit 3 years ago. The watch metal strap lost a few of the pins that hold the different strap parts together. I took the watch to the repair shop but they said since this is a replica, the sizes of the pins vary significantly so they don't have that size and can't help me. Do you know where I can buy such strap pins from for my watch? I don't want to throw it away, it still looks very good.

Thank you in advance,
Stefan

Try sourcing a new noob bracelet from a newer version. If the screws don’t fit you can just use the new bracelet

Reactions: primas

VaderTime

9/10/17
Love this thread, read it twice when I first joined this community!!

So, who has the best sub now after 3 years? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reactions: betterbezel

primas

Looking Around
15/5/13
Try sourcing a new noob bracelet from a newer version. If the screws don’t fit you can just use the new bracelet

Thank you, I doubt I will hit the right screws so I better go with a brand new bracelet. The rolex sign on the bottom fell off in the first few weeks anyway.

Nivka

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/4/15
Australia
Thank you, I doubt I will hit the right screws so I better go with a brand new bracelet. The rolex sign on the bottom fell off in the first few weeks anyway.

Good call. The v6s is still such a good case, you’d be wise to hold onto it

betterbezel

Horology Curious
29/7/19
Execllent write up, thanks for this. I hope you can update it for 2019. Thanks again

smoke what would your verdict be on the best 2019 maxi dial sub date? I heard your collabo with ARF was cancelled, would have loved to buy that super rep. Want the most gen-like sub date maxi dial with a movement that'll last years & years...

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Noob v9 sa3135 if you can get very lucky and get one with the correct lugs shape.otherwise go with arf v2 sh

Reactions: betterbezel

Ruj.

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/2/14
Europe
Thank you very much for this thread. Really helped me picking out the right one

Deeboo

Known Member
26/7/19
What is your expert take on this specific model? I can accept the small flaws since it is a rep but would like to know the reliability of the movement. Thanks in advance

Halien

Renowned Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
21/3/20
Still great and verry interesting tread someone need to do update and tell if something changed in the rep world for that 4 years