• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The OFFICIAL RWI YACHTMASTER CLUB

Tiger4

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/1/21
Wel I really hope they will come back soon they are the best imo base for Franken
Same here. They’re nicely priced for their quality product. All the prices with other factories now for similar quality has skyrocketed through the roof around $700.00 -$800.00

Reactions: masterpiece777

masterpiece777

17/6/19
EUROPE
I found out that it’s supposed to be true ARF but have a retaining ring from a GMT II so 24 clicks.
I firstly was afraid that the gen retaining ring or maybe the whole gen bezel including assambly wouldn’t fit on the case.
But it does fit.
But I must say the bezel is like 95 % close. To the gen.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Not sure how anyone can say ARF has the best base for a franken. The case shape is terrible and very different from gen - and finishing is very bad. Soft rounded lugs and not sharp like gen. EWF / CF case is MILES better.

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Not sure how anyone can say ARF has the best base for a franken. The case shape is terrible and very different from gen - and finishing is very bad. Soft rounded lugs and not sharp like gen. EWF / CF case is MILES better.
Not sure you can say all ARF are terrible, have you reviewed all batches…I think not. Case is fine and finishing is great on mine Rhodium dial.

EWF / CF are different models.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Not sure you can say all ARF are terrible, have you reviewed all batches…I think not. Case is fine and finishing is great on mine Rhodium dial.

EWF / CF are different models.

I had 3 of them including their latest batch. They are NOT good compared to gen. If you handled gen, you'd know the ARF case is horrifically bad.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Also - since I can't edit - EWF / CF are different models? How? The 116622 and the 126622 have the same case, just a crown on the bottom of the dial and an upgraded movement. Case shape is NOT different

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
I had 3 of them including their latest batch. They are NOT good compared to gen. If you handled gen, you'd know the ARF case is horrifically bad.
Thanks for your opinion, having three that you thought were bad is indeed unlucky - I too have chased a unicorn by getting multiple versions/batches of a certain model…I once bought 5 different Breitlings and all were different including case, AR, finishing. I did the same with a Planet Ocean but I digress.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
@Thatwatchguy lol dude they were not bad in the sense that they were outliers. They ALL have bad cases. In fact, every single ARF case here looks the same as the ones I had and not like gen. If it walks and talks like a duck, it's a duck. Care to show me your ARF? Lets see how genlike that case is.

masterpiece777

17/6/19
EUROPE
Well I am realy confused now,I have checked between the lugs and the engraving have 126622 so I don’t think it’s ARF but hope someone can tell me what this is.
It came with ARF COFFIN,braclet wrap with ARF hologram and 7CD clasp code.
This was sold to me as old stock.
But it have the 12XXXX case engraving and the corronet @6 but the 3135 movement.
Anyone know if they are faking also ARF watches now?

All the pictures are how the watch arrived to me so this is stock without the gen bezel.

Hopefully someone can identify the factory of this watch.

masterpiece777

17/6/19
EUROPE
The pictured you posted has the really bad, soft, inaccurately rounded lugs made by ARF so I'm going to say it's a genuine ARF.
But it turnout te be more strange.
Becouse I removed the braclet and the model number engraving says 126622 also the dial have the coronet @6
I never heard that ARF produced the 126622

Reactions: Thatwatchguy

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Yachti retaining ring has 40 scallops
But it turnout te be more strange.
Becouse I removed the braclet and the model number engraving says 126622 also the dial have the coronet @6
I never heard that ARF produced the 126622
I don't believe that is ARF bro. They have not made a 126622 AFAIK and the movement is a VR3135 (good thing). ARF used SH3135. ARF clasp code is 7CD.

GMF, EWF and Clean all make this model but none with the VR3135. Clean and GMF use the VR3235, EWF uses a Hangzhou 7 series with deco plates.

The double coronet dial is a mismatch to the movement. It's possible some different parts are being put together then sold as a recognized factory product - that's happening more frequently now.

Last edited:

masterpiece777

17/6/19
EUROPE
Yachti retaining ring has 40 scallops

I don't believe that is ARF bro. They have not made a 126622 AFAIK and the movement is a VR3135 (good thing). ARF used SH3135. ARF clasp code is 7CD.

GMF, EWF and Clean all make this model but none with the VR3135. Clean and GMF use the VR3235, EWF uses a Hangzhou 7 series with deco plates.

The double coronet dial is a mismatch to the movement. It's possible some different parts are being put together then sold as a recognized factory product - that's happening more frequently now.
Thanks a lot for you’re feedback realy appriciate it!

Luckily I have a complete gen bezel assambly including retaining.

But are you sure this is a VR?
I found out that the DW was allready better then we can aspect from ARF.
But I will swap it for a VS3135 movement anyway.
Will a VR DW or a VS DW be better?

But what does the case shape and rehout engravings says to you?
I am also curious if the full bracelet is original ARF or maybe the clasp only or maybe even a fake ARF clasp?

In order to the quality of the dial I must confess that’s an amazing dial!
Nice sunburst and also good printing.
Also the red secondhand is spot on.

But I will change it all for gen dark rhodium dial and hands set with blue second hand.