• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hey Everyone!

ThatGuitarist

Horology Curious
14/5/22
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and was just wanting to ask some questions! I really hope these aren't stupid ahahaha. So I'm looking at buying a 41mm submariner as my first rep (How original I know) and was wondering if anyone here that owns a rep submariner or even a couple, what their preferred factory and TD is for purchasing a Submariner. I've read the TD list and the what factory is good for what list, so far it's between a Noob and a ZF, the price of the Noob is appealing, however, for the extra money I'd be happy buying a ZF provided it is worth the extra price. Shop wise I like the look of Puretime.io and their options, but I have ZERO experience apart from buying a shittermatic rep deepsea dweller in Turkey that looks god awful ahahahaha.

Thanks, guys and gals!

Johnb84

Horology Curious
17/8/20
I bought my first rep through JTime a few months ago, the service was spot on and the watch is a beauty (not a sub but a VSF YM) so I would be able to recommend those guys. Honestly though, Puretime are a trusted dealer on here so I am sure the quality of the watch and service will be just as good there too

Johnb84

Horology Curious
17/8/20
Forgot to add too, a big help to me were the threads in the New Members section, under Replica FAQs, there are some good pointers in there, helped in giving me confidence to drop £500 on my first rep!....Hope that helps :)

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
To my knowledge neither noob nor ZF make a 41mm submariner

Last edited:

ThatGuitarist

Horology Curious
14/5/22
I've read that post, never, never, I'm trying my hardest to not get flamed here and do my homework lol. Is a 40.5mm sub not 41mm? Is that considered a 40mm then? Excuse my ignorance here ahahaha

ThatGuitarist

Horology Curious
14/5/22
Forgot to add too, a big help to me were the threads in the New Members section, under Replica FAQs, there are some good pointers in there, helped in giving me confidence to drop £500 on my first rep!....Hope that helps :)

Thanks man I'll take a look now! and I bet that watch is a stunner

Reactions: Johnb84