Rolex GMT II V6 GMF 3285 CHS Is Out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rolex GMT II V6 GMF 3285 CHS Is Out

Looks like we've got a Rolex GMT II GMF V6.

https://trustytimewatch.io/index.php...ducts_id=24257
    Any updates from V5 besides a new movement?

Mmm interesting

Comment

KJ2020 is this different from the recently released v5? Lol.

Comment

it uses the clean factory insert

here are some QC pics

https://www.qcpics.com/index.php/ROLGMT0250B
        Last edited by Tijdwijzer; 12-01-22, 10:01.

Comment

it will be good if someone can do a comparison for the latest version between CF, GMF.

Comment

The Batman looks very similar to the clean insert but the Pepsi seems to have a deeper more cherry like red imo

Comment

I think the Batman is the only one that uses the Clean bezel insert, NOT the Pepsi. That’s what my local dealer has told me.

GMF updated the Pepsi bezel slightly, but not by much.

Personally, I’m loving these GMF GMTs since the V5 with the VR movements.

Comment

first there was a Submariner war. Now a GMT II war. A Daytona war next?

I wonder how the clone 3285 stack against the 3186?

Comment

Rehaut engraving seems poor in comparison to the clean version

Comment

The auto wind module has fake screws, jewels, and gears.

Comment

GMF Batman

V1 2824 CHS timebomb or 2836 ICHS
                      V2 2824 CHS
                      V3 SA3186 (some exceptions, see link below)
                      V4 SA3285 with option for VR3185 (first generation VR3186)
                      V5 VR3185
                      V6 VR3185 with option for SA3285 plus new insert

All previous GMF Batman inserts had thin markers with incorrect 1 serifs - straight and not curved, tip on an angle and not parallel to the main number. V6 marks the first GMF Batman with a nice insert, on par with CF and ARF.

Both GMF GMT true clone movements (SA3186 and SA3285) are inferior design proprietary movements with poor track records. Both their SA movements are based on the poorly performing SA3135 and use parts that are not compatible with gen parts.
                      Avoid at all costs and verify your VR movement before accepting QC. GMF has a history of sending out reps with movements other than what buyers paid for. They are just trying to fulfill a contract or offload excess stock SA3285s. That correct engraving is the only selling point, don't fall for it.

Post #4

GMF released true clone 3285
                      We are all related in time since time is relative to us all.
                      GMT Movements Explained
                      BP Rolex 16710 GMT Full Review VS Gen
                      Swap your CHS movement to ICHS - possible?
                      The Fantasy Watch Thread
                      Noob GMT's poor bezel design
                      Ceramic insert paint mod

Double Nine Gonzo!

Comment

Originally posted by KJ2020 View Post
                        All previous GMF Batman inserts had thin markers with incorrect 1 serifs - straight and not curved, tip on an angle and not parallel to the main number. V6 marks the first GMF Batman with a nice insert, on par with CF and ARF.

The GMF V6 are using the Clean Batman bezel inserts.

Comment

Originally posted by KJ2020 View Post
                          GMF Batman

V1 2824 CHS timebomb or 2836 ICHS
                          V2 2824 CHS
                          V3 SA3186 (some exceptions, see link below)
                          V4 SA3285 with option for VR3185 (first generation VR3186)
                          V5 VR3185
                          V6 VR3185 with option for SA3285 plus new insert

Both GMF GMT true clone movements (SA3186 and SA3285) are inferior design proprietary movements with poor track records. Both their SA movements are based on the poorly performing SA3135 and use parts that are not compatible with gen parts.
                          Avoid at all costs and verify your VR movement before accepting QC. GMF has a history of sending out reps with movements other than what buyers paid for. They are just trying to fulfill a contract or offload excess stock SA3285s. That correct engraving is the only selling point, don't fall for it.

Post #4

Damn. I'm really hoping someone comes out with a 3285 clone - has anyone tried to put one together? Using a mash up of movements - both gen and rep parts. Is that even possible? Triplock question for you here too!

Comment

Originally posted by Gaz1a View Post

Damn. I'm really hoping someone comes out with a 3285 clone - has anyone tried to put one together? Using a mash up of movements - both gen and rep parts. Is that even possible? Triplock question for you here too!
                            Since the 3285 is a larger diameter movement to accommodate a larger barrel and longer spring, converting a 3135 isn't an option. I would guess that the 3135-to-3185 was the last "convertible" movement Rolex made.

As an example, the 3230 is not upgradable to a 3235 because it requires a different mainplate. So that party appears to be over. If the 3235 can be converted to 3285 without a new mainplate I'd be very surprised. So my guess it's not possible to make a hybrid 3285.

Comment

Originally posted by Triplock View Post

Since the 3285 is a larger diameter movement to accommodate a larger barrel and longer spring, converting a 3135 isn't an option. I would guess that the 3135-to-3185 was the last "convertible" movement Rolex made.

As an example, the 3230 is not upgradable to a 3235 because it requires a different mainplate. So that party appears to be over. If the 3235 can be converted to 3285 without a new mainplate I'd be very surprised. So my guess it's not possible to make a hybrid 3285.
                              I literally just challenged Nikz19 with this - he hasn't said no just yet!

Comment

Working...
                              X