• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Banned from rolexforums.com for questioning if a demand for $25 to reset my password was reasonable

dwong831

Horology Curious
11/8/19
Staff over there surely have an interesting way of running the place. A few years back a clown mod over there threatened to ban me for my "nonsense" when I reported to him that a submariner posted in their sales section has a rep mid case and I even lay out in detail how it isn't genuine...

Same shit on r/watchexchange. Someone clearly posted a rep AP Diver for sale, it had the very well-known flaw on the bezel (no outline around the numbers). Gave all kinds of proof, and even gave the benefit of the doubt and said "maybe the previous owner just cheaped out on a bezel swap". Got banned. LOL

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Probably for the best...
The same parts and more are selling here also.
Personally i wouldn't buy parts anywhere else except from here, you won't find the safety of RWI elsewhere.

Reactions: d4v3

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Meh. Gen forums are saturated with folks with more disposable income than common sense. It’s not something to worry about IMO - fools and their money have, and always will be easily parted.

To its credit, the one thing TRF has going for it is that it’s not the Rolex sub-forum on WatchUSeek - that really is a den of dicks. “How much over list price did you pay?” As though it’s some badge of honour. Smfh.

Last edited:

CJS57

7/9/20
Agreed it is weird place over there. But some individual members are nice. Several helped me a lot when I purchased a 12K Gen 1013 gold OP from a shop in England. Nerve racking but their advice helped. Now I wear it in good health. Ha-Ha! Actually not! I had to purchase 2 extra links from ebay for $1000 and the bracelet is now at Rolliworks in CA being worked on. And they did help me find the Rolliworks place as well. But they mostly ignore me over there, I like mostly older 36mm watches and they don't like those much at all.

hm11esh

4/9/18
similar thing happened to me on an Omega forum. F**K em all. This is the best forum for rep and gen advise!!!