• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JVS 126610LV "Starbucks" Review / Comparison to VSF 126610LN

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Welcome to a review of the Rolex 126610LV by JVS, with reference to Rolex 126610LN VSF

jrft2E.jpg

jrfB6n.jpg

Disclaimer as always

Right at the beginning I would like to state that I wrote this whole text in German and then translated it with google translate, so forgive me any grammar mistakes and keep in mind: I did not have a stroke - it was google;)

This is going to be a review from someone who is absolutely an anti-nitpicker - so some of you may not be able to accept the flaws I am ignoring. Happens :)
Lets go:)

If you dive deeper and deeper into the rep world, you have new insights every day. For example, after the raids and the hiding of VSF, I had a young factory that came onto the field and aroused my interest. Little marketing, or none at all, but they officially call themselves "JVS".
"J" stands for "fake" in Chinese. At this point it should be said (shoutout to jtimewatch ;) - from which I got the watch, by the way. As always, the shopping experience was perfect, QC, order, payment, shipping, there were no problems. We recommend;)

Shipping Set:
Just like the VSF, the JVS also comes with a guarantee card which is personalized. Funny that it's the 2019 warranty card but a 2020 model. I'm not sure, but I got a new warranty card for my GEN. But nice gimmick.
Then of course hangtag and COSC batch as well as a bezel protection.

The clock is from the 2nd batch - which not only copied the clasp code, but also the 2R ... serial number from VSF for every 2nd case. A famous fake of a fake - like in a madhouse. But that's not supposed to be the topic here.
In any case, this model has serial "3M ...".

Bezel
The click is very metallic, almost like an older Noob v8s, so it doesn't sound like GEN at all. The bezel is perfectly aligned, and it rotates comfortably and feels high quality (no backplay). But anyone who knows the click of a GEN definitely says that VSF is much closer to it. I still like it. 7/10

Crown
Both crowns look very similar to the GEN, you can't tell the difference without a microscope. The VSF also turns out easily. The Crownlogo is very well made, much better than, for example, RF .. 10/10

First picture is the VSF, second picture is the JVS:
jrfQv3.jpg

jrfpjs.jpg

Rehaut
The Rehaut at VSF watches has achieved sad notoriety in terms of alignment and accuracy. Mine has a very well aligned reindeer with a nice engraving, at least not a Monday watch. The JVS scores here and clearly beats the VSF in my opinion. Much more precise, more beautiful, and more evenly, as well as absolutely on-point aligned Rehaut. 10/10

First picture is VSF, second picture is JVS:
jrfCOY.jpg

jrfPkD.jpg

Movement
The built-in work here is the "A3235". I'm not a professional, but I've learned from the best here in the forum;) It is a hybrid movement from 3135 and 3235. The spring and power reserve correspond to the 3135 (+. 48h) and the rotor / automatic from the 3235 (a bit louder because the rotor is mounted on ball bearings, but more durable). For the movement, which currently serves most of the 3235 watches (Clean, RF, QF, GMF ...), some like Clean or RF advertise in their promo with 72h power reserve. I haven't done a power reserve test yet, but research has shown that lazy magic is at work here. The date switches perfectly at 0:00, as with VSF.
Winding up is equally smooth on both watches, the date switches a bit crisper in the quick-switch function on the VSF. The Timegrapher values ​​are absolutely satisfactory. 9/10

jrfTJk.jpg

jrfdao.jpg

CG
The crown guards are shaped differently than the VSF. VSF has a beveled angle in it, which is missing in JVS. Some might call it worse. Since I don't care when it comes to millimeters or a few degrees of inclination, it fits in this subjective review for me. 10/10

jrfklJ.jpg

jrfwFP.jpg

Lugs / SEL
The lugs and SELs are absolutely perfect. 10/10

jrfMAW.jpg

jrfs6S.jpg

Bracelet / Clasp / Glidelock
About the bracelet I can say that (like the VSF) it makes minimal (really minimal) noises at the beginning when you move it. Baby oil bath and that will be fixed. The engravings in the bracelet are more precise than on the VSF. I have to note, however, that I have a Post Raid VSF as a comparison (whether better or worse, what do I know ..;)) The safety bar is not loose, but tight, but in a positive way. It should be noted that with the JVS the glidelock does not run quite as perfectly as with VSF. 9/10

jrfuvQ.jpg

jrf7zL.jpg

Crystal:
There may be one or the other who can determine a difference here - I can't (or don't want to;)). Brilliant Crystal. 10/10

jrfEOR.jpg

jrfNk8.jpg

Dial
Greetings to the magnifying glass wearers and nitpickers among you who cry because of the spaces between letters. I give it 10/10

End result:
Mathematically: 85 out of 90 points

But since watches are always a matter of feeling for me, I tell you: Definitive buy recommendation
This is especially true in times when VSF watches, which are assembled by Clean, are sold for USD 888. Currently, For me personally, JVS is number 1 on the market after VSF (for 41mm Submariner). And so far I had the following for comparison:

- RF
- Clean
- VSF
- Noob
- JVS

For Goodies, here are some VSF Makros i posted before in another VSF Review Thread, from the 126610LN Watch. Have fun:)
jrfGp1.jpg
jrfSGj.jpg
jrfFav.jpg
jrfRVK.jpg
jrfbA4.jpg
jrfx8I.jpg
jrfJvc.jpg
jrfczX.jpg
jrFDkb.jpg
jrfgYi.jpg
jrFZVp.jpg
jrFzi5.jpg

Last edited:

imblueblue

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/11/21
Nice review. The thing that has me baffled the most these days is which factory has the best rehaut engraving and overall case specs for a super franken build. Other than the cyclops, datewheel, and hands, i'd say the rehaut engraving is the next big giveaway... the sharpness of a a gen etching really stands out.

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

ForecastMax

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/12/12
Nice review. The thing that has me baffled the most these days is which factory has the best rehaut engraving and overall case specs for a super franken build. Other than the cyclops, datewheel, and hands, i'd say the rehaut engraving is the next big giveaway... the sharpness of a a gen etching really stands out.

I’m more of a case specs guy. The rest I can franken. Rehaut is such a tiny detail. As long as it’s aligned well enough I’m good with it.

imblueblue

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/11/21
I’m more of a case specs guy. The rest I can franken. Rehaut is such a tiny detail. As long as it’s aligned well enough I’m good with it.

The rehaut is becoming a bigger detail. They can precisioun machine most parts, but the deep etching you see in gen rolex's they can't. My guess is because the machines to etch it with such precision are very expensive.

This is not one of those things your eye can't distinguish. You can see it.

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
This is a very good comparison thread OP. And I agree, no need for heavy nitpick. We can always get closer and closer to the macro world, but keeping such a thread on a human eye scale, for a daily wear watch, is refreshing. Great job.

It seem overall quality, feeling and global accuracy make those JVS look decent.
Thank you for your time (and Google trad seem to have done a good job too ;) ).

Thank you for your time.

Envoyé de mon SM-G991B en utilisant Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Great job bro. JVS has so much going for it, I agree with your ranking of it as best aside from VSF. The CGs kill it for me sadly but no one else does it like VSF either so for those not bothered by that it's a very nice option. Thanks for the effort - it's a nice read and great pics.

eqw72

Gangsterville
Supporter
Certified
8/9/20
Fantastic Review Sir!

Google Translate also added a rather festive :

“well aligned reindeer”!!!