• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 4130 Daytonas.

Tiger4

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/1/21
This is a great way to stress those flimsy chrono rep parts that are known to be the weak point of the sa4130.

If the seond hand resets in a different position every time you use it just leave it aligned and don't use it anymore, it's gonna last way longer this way.

Thanks for letting me know, was not aware of that. I'll try not to set it that way often.

Last edited:

Tiger4

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/1/21
This is a good short term solution. However the issue I have with my large chrono hand (and suspect others as well) is that there is a tiny bit of play in the gears of the chrono wheel and other related wheel gears. As a result, once I reset the chrono hand perfectly, it's just a matter of time before that excess play in the gears allows the chrono hand to misalign ever so slightly (which drives me batshit crazy!). The only permanent solution (for me anyway) is to use gen or tighter tolerance aftermarket parts...or just let the chrono wheel run continuously (which is what I do).

I'm totally familiar with what you're talking about. I have the same issue on mines with a little play on the tolerance ...that was the reason why I reset it on the pushers here and there to realign it. My OCD kicks in when I see the chrono seconds hand slightly shifts by itself out of no where. It drives me crazy as well! I observed that under light watch use, the hands stays pretty aligned..but when the watch is being used with a more rough motion that's when I notice the chrono seconds hands shifts with the excess play you mentioned.

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
doctor-g interesting,different than most of others
try to do more sharper pics on same angles next time when you are able to

doctor-g

Horology Curious
28/10/21
I think that mine says "B" next to the "clean" sticker in the back...so it it the 2nd batch they produced... Sel might be a bit of better

ubi

Known Member
9/9/19
Just some random shots I took this afternoon. Slightly overcast and good lighting to capture the mood :D
51882611138_ae68a632f6_k.jpg

51882535526_23cb80bac2_k.jpg

toni123456

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
24/1/17
I see both black & white 520s listed on Puretime with ‘real’ watch pictures and subdials look dpot on to me.

Any other opinions?

toni123456

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
24/1/17
Neither the black or white 116520’s are showing gen watches buddy!! Small fatter subdials as already reported.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Didn’t say gen but REAL, after months of gen pic for preorder

Hidenjoy

Renowned Member
8/9/15
Unfortunately it’s a little bit too fat. But it’s better than prototype showed by JTime.

The update will be in a long time if they have a lot of V1 dial to sell…. :(

Johnny_Ridden

Less is More
10/12/18
Just pulled the trigger for one via Puretime. Been a while out of the rep game; Crazy to see all the changes...
This CF white dial looks like a killer.

So besides unique placement of all the gadgets, the main thing to look out for is:

thickness of sub dial

Is there really already a V2 getting into the hands of people ordering ones in Feb 2022?

Also Is it normal for my VISA to have been charged 100$ more than what it said at checkout confirmation?
Not complaining but just wondering if its the case with everyone else buying via CC.

Here we go!! Love this shit