• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean 4130 Daytonas.

MJH89

Deskdweller
Supporter
Certified
13/1/17
Land of Cream Teas and Roast Dinners
Great article bro. There's also a great video (see below) referenced in the same article in case anyone is curious as to how they make these tiny little parts so perfectly...incredibly brilliant process!

Jesus that is some science fiction right there. Its insane what technology goes into watch manufacture (or any other precision manufacture) nowadays! Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: butler182

RX7GP

🦁
Supporter
Patron
Certified
16/2/16
Anybody knows if gen 116520 crystal and gasket fits to CF 116500?

RX7GP

🦁
Supporter
Patron
Certified
16/2/16
Are you kidding? Just read the last pages and you'll find out someone completely Franken the watch and made a thread about it.

No I'm not kidding. I already saw all of them, been thru 140 pages one by one. If I missed any answers about my question, its my bad, but just be kind enough to answer if you already know. I'm not asking for if gen crystal fits to CF. I'm asking if older 116520 gen crystal fits to new 116500. I have spare gen crystal and gasket from my old gen 116520, it seems 1:1, i believe crystal fits but not sure about gasket. So wanted to ask if they are same for 116500 and 116520.

So here is my question again, this might be more clear

Anybody knows if 116520 crystal and especially gasket fits to 116500?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Reactions: ettorefranco

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
No I'm not kidding. I already saw all of them, been thru 140 pages one by one. If I missed any answers about my question, its my bad, but just be kind enough to answer if you already know. I'm not asking for if gen crystal fits to CF. I'm asking if older 116520 gen crystal fits to new 116500. I have spare gen crystal and gasket from my old gen 116520, it seems 1:1, i believe crystal fits but not sure about gasket. So wanted to ask if they are same for 116500 and 116520.

So here is my question again, this might be more clear

Anybody knows if 116520 crystal and especially gasket fits to 116500?

Thank you.

The crystal will fit, the gasket, maybe, give it a go

projecthunder

Horology Curious
28/12/21
Just received mine today as well. Looks great movement works fine. But one thing I'm very disappointed with is the crown is almost next to impossible to open. Requires me to dig my nails in the grooves to turn it. Anyone got any tips on how to fix this?

ubi

Known Member
9/9/19
Can you get the crown to unthread at all? If so... Check the condition of the tube theads to see if there is some sort of debris, lock-tite or damage like cross threading. The crown should not be at all difficult to unthread from the case tube.

projecthunder

Horology Curious
28/12/21
Yeah I can eventually open it, but it is really an effort and requires digging the nails in the grooves to unscrew it. Almost as if it is stuck on something. Also very difficult to close again.

bigcatdc

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/6/11
Ordered my panda CF Daytona on 12/18/2021. Rejected first QCs due to a misaligned coronet. Greenlit the second you see in these pictures. I contemplated rejecting this one because I was worried the bezel was misaligned, but decided to give it a go. Watch arrived on 01/28/2022.

Very happy with the watch. Feels great, looks great, nice quality. My only issue is that it runs small on the wrist. I can force it closed as you can see in the pictures, but it’s unwearable for me. I was specifically told by Puretime that the watch would fit 22 cm. Just to be safe I ordered an additional link with my initial order but have been waiting three months as apparently it’s hard for Puretime to source single links to the CF Daytona.

Still waiting on the additional link and if anybody has a spare CF Daytona link they can spare I’d be happy to pay for it.

Super happy with and highly recommend this beautiful watch.
54ed2790be796bcaa72f7c6f44f19f11.jpg

d8c7af7f8a9571d143e5f2d45f0e6387.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pizzo

ubi

Known Member
9/9/19
Have you also fully extended the Easylink extension in the clasp? Should be able to get a couple of additional mm by setting on the last notch with the Easylink extended...

bigcatdc

19/6/11
Have you also fully extended the Easylink extension in the clasp? Should be able to get a couple of additional mm by setting on the last notch with the Easylink extended...

Thanks so much for that tip ubi. Yes, I did try the Easylink extension, which definitely helped and made it longer, but apparently I have underestimated the size of my ham hock wrists. I was able to extend it and get the bracelet closed around my wrist, but it was an over-stuffed sausage situation. I’ll probably just go to the watch parts/accessories wanted section in a few weeks if Puretime is unable to source the extra link. Thanks so much again for your recommendation!

Tijdwijzer

Renowned Member
24/11/20
Europe
Can someone confirm if CF uses different dials? My CF from Mirotime has no space between the red daytona text and the subdial. But I've seen others with some space between..

Or are they the same, maybe it just the quality of the camera which is terrible on the first picture?

I know both variations excist in Gen.

jfSLNL.jpg
jfS5HR.jpg

Last edited:

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20
Thanks so much for that tip ubi. Yes, I did try the Easylink extension, which definitely helped and made it longer, but apparently I have underestimated the size of my ham hock wrists. I was able to extend it and get the bracelet closed around my wrist, but it was an over-stuffed sausage situation. I’ll probably just go to the watch parts/accessories wanted section in a few weeks if Puretime is unable to source the extra link. Thanks so much again for your recommendation!

Have you tried the paperclip mod to avoid the hassle and expense of sourcing an extra link?

bigcatdc

19/6/11
Have you tried the paperclip mod to avoid the hassle and expense of sourcing an extra link?

I’ve never tried the paperclip mod, holding out for the link… but it sounds like an interesting option!

Have a great one

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20
I’ve never tried the paperclip mod, holding out for the link… but it sounds like an interesting option!

Have a great one

Yes, the paperclip mod is an interesting one...but do NOT attempt unless you have serious modding skills :p