• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The VSF Submariners Thread

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
My pre-raid VSF 114 vs pre-vsf XF 116.

Ignore the dial and hands of the XF.

The case shape is identical, the stem height is very slightly different due to the ETA movement in the XF. Insert indices look much better on the VSF. The clasp is better on the XF marginally, though it closes with a less confident click than the VSF. The crystal is better on the VSF. The XF cyclops doesn't have the distortion like the 126 VSFs do, so thats a bonus.

If I ever get around to getting a dial + hand set for the XF, I'd prefer that in the long run just for the movement stability.

But I still love the VSF 114 enough to call it NWBIG. Only falls short of the super rep stat due to the 12 oclock triangle being a little shorter than gen, but I honestly doubt anyone gen owners will know.

[/QUOTE]

These are awesome pictures. Thank you. I know you said ignore the dial but That’s tough to do. I does give the dial a little Character.

I saw you say it’s just humidity exposure. Was it in the case or did you have it out?

Last edited:

RainbowNato

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/11/21
These are awesome pictures. Thank you. I know you said ignore the dial but That’s tough to do. I does give the dial a little Character.

I saw you say it’s just humidity exposure. Was it in the case or did you have it out?

I left it out of the case for like a good solid year. And I was touching it with bare fingers during the year while going through my draw looking for other things lol. I was really not expecting to revive the watch, but then I got my VSF 114060 and realised how good the XF case is and decided to chuck it back together.

n4sthis

Horology Curious
14/2/22

Hi does this look like a VSF 114060 ?
or should I have them open the back casing? the movement should be A3130?

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
n4sthis
​​​​​​- We're not allowed talk about this dealer as they're not an RWI approved TD :p

I joke of course and have no idea if it's a VSF, but looks beautiful so I shall defer to the experts with the eagle eyes if they get a chance to confirm for you.

But genuinely curious whether Geektime has given you any reason to doubt them - if they say they're selling you a VSF, why they'd sell you something different?

n4sthis

Horology Curious
14/2/22
first time buying multiple watches from them, from what I read I should be aware of VSF fakes after the raid

Last edited:

Flock

7/3/16
The 6SH clasp checks with VSF and the bad rehaut probably confirms it as a VSF :lol:

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Heads up: I just saw on ReptimeBST that @interactiv is selling a VSF 3235 movement with a lot of gen parts installed. I have two myself and they both run beautifully.

Reactions: Elno38 and wubsub

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Any update on this guys? Any opinions?

I think it's genuine but I can't be sure. It has a VSF clasp code, coincidence or not?

I think it's a coincidence and it's genuine but I need everyone else to check thiser clasp and we'll know for sure.

Here's a pic from the listing, check the clasp..

Now check my VSF clasp, it has very faint centre lines, I suspect all VSF has this same very faint centre lined clasp, all my VSF have this. I know my gen sub 116610 had this more defined than the VSF..

Check your clasp and report back.. I think they all like my one with faint centre lines.

Reactions: Kalev007

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Thanks for taking the time I was really confused at first probably coincidence is my guess as well.

Was ready to almost buy that as the dealer is very close by but my deal with the 114060 went through so got the itch scratched for a gen sub for lot less.

Duplicity

Looking Around
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/3/15
Can't wait to get my hands on a VSF114060 - I've seen a lot of discussion about 'pre-raid' pieces but looking at recent QC's the watches coming out of the factory recently seem to still be to a very good standard?