• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF DJ41 Blue Dial Quick Review and Comparison Shots with VSF Franken

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
Thank you for this comparison,can you tell us a little more about the case?Do you see any differences compared to vsf?exactly the same or better(maybe better rehaut or something)?Thank you

Case look pretty much the same as VSF and so does the rehaut IMO.

Here's a quick comparison shot I just took

Left CF and Right VSF

Sorry the picture on right is kinda blurry...

jouAaj.jpg

Reactions: j21

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
Nice review and great pics bro. Is the bezel slightly wider on the CF? Congrats on a great new pickup.

That was my initial thought as well but then when I measure them, they both measures exact same all around....so IDK...

Reactions: KJ2020

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
from the photos, one watch seems wider than the other, is that so?

Does it? I don't know...i measured them both and they measure the same though.

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
jiro bro thank you very much for comparison
can you compare a lume between them because i heard the lume on cf is way too green and off compared to gen,im asking if that is qc issue or complete batch issue

Lume looks pretty good to me. Not as bright as gen maybe but still good color lume.

Left CF, Right VSF (Gen dial & Gen hands)

jouLl4.jpg

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
Comparing with a franken VSF, equiped with the gen dial as reference, gives a very good perspective on the CF, thank you !

I'm not surprised the bezel color tone may still need a plating upgrade to be as gen, but as with all reps each will then decide what to upgrade. All in all that CF DJ looks really on point.
As asked before, what's your opinion regarding the case ?

Envoyé de mon SM-G991B en utilisant Tapatalk

I'm not an expert when it comes to case and lug shape and all that .....and I actually prefer to remain that way LOL

Otherwise, I know I will go crazy once I see the difference....I can't unsee it you know? haha

But let me know what you're looking for (what angle and area, etc..), I will try to take some shots for you.

Reactions: marv

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
I hope so. I'll find out once I send it to Mike. Planning on installing gen Crystal and D/W.

I would be curious to hear what Mike has to say about the quality of the movement in CF.

chrisomatic

22/6/15
Thanks for the review mate. How would you compare Markers + Bezel shape?

what I read from the first reviews few weeks ago:
Markers bit to fat + Same for the bezel.

Is this noticable inhand?

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
Case look pretty much the same as VSF and so does the rehaut IMO.

Here's a quick comparison shot I just took

Left CF and Right VSF

Sorry the picture on right is kinda blurry...

jouAaj.jpg

Thank you for the info and the rehaut pic...Cleans rehaut is noticeably better!

Reactions: jiro

A-wandererX23

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/10/20
I would be curious to hear what Mike has to say about the quality of the movement in CF.

It's made by Shanghai factory which produces pretty good movements. VSF movements is made by Dandong which also used to make Noob 4130 movements.

Clean Datejust movements is alright but power reserve is a lie. It's only 42-48 hours tested by my dealer multiple times on the ones he received.

I don't think it's too bad honestly. I would rank it to be just a little bit worse than VSF but better than SH/SA.

Reactions: jiro and srhoque

srhoque

28/11/18
It's made by Shanghai factory which produces pretty good movements. VSF movements is made by Dandong which also used to make Noob 4130 movements.

Clean Datejust movements is alright but power reserve is a lie. It's only 42-48 hours tested by my dealer multiple times on the ones he received.

I don't think it's too bad honestly. I would rank it to be just a little bit worse than VSF but better than SH/SA.

Thank you for the feedback!! I would assume its a true 3235 clone. Do you know if it accepts gen parts like the VSF did?

Bobi01

2/2/19
Thank you for the feedback!! I would assume its a true 3235 clone. Do you know if it accepts gen parts like the VSF did?

Nikz says on the dial side it is 3135 with modified date plate… bro keep your vs3235 movement ,you can keep your vsf and take better parts of the clean ,or put vs3235 in clean watch.. you can always replace it later with vr3235 as they are easy to source

srhoque

28/11/18
Nikz says on the dial side it is 3135 with modified date plate… bro keep your vs3235 movement ,you can keep your vsf and take better parts of the clean ,or put vs3235 in clean watch.. you can always replace it later with vr3235 as they are easy to source

Thanks. I have no intent to replace my VSF, my questions were for information only :thumbsup:

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
CF is so good at sourcing parts, why don't they find the guy that sold VSF their crystals! I totally understand a gen crystal is not an expensive mod, but they are not the easiest things to find for these watches.

Bobi01

2/2/19
jiro bro are we getting direct sunlight comparison gen vs clean? Im sure most of us here are waiting badly for that

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
jiro bro are we getting direct sunlight comparison gen vs clean? Im sure most of us here are waiting badly for that

It's been raining and gloomy here in midwest for past few days. But I will try to give it a shot next couple days.

Reactions: chrisomatic