• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

“IPK Maker” Artisans de Geneve/Andrea Pirlo Project Noob Questions

ELEV8D

Looking Around
4/9/21
The moon
Hi guys, new member here. I’m in the process of buying my first rep, an Artisans de Geneve-Andrea Pirlo project skeletonized submariner from puretimewatch, and I was hoping I could get a little help. (I read the rules and I think I’m in the clear but if not just let me know and I’ll fix it).

First of all, my invoice said $381 or so, but I was charged $415 due to “currency conversion”… Is this normal?

Then theres the QC pics. Do these gaps seem excessive? I asked if everything was solid there as in the bracelet doesnt wiggle around at the ends there and they say that it is.
jaDan1.jpg

Then there’s this, the paint bleeds onto the carbon bezel, but unfortunately that seems to be on all of them from this factory, which is unfortunate because I really wanted the VRF version of this watch, but that seems to be sold out everywhere due to the raids, so I guess I’m stuck with that…
jaDqII.jpg

Any input would be very much appreciated ????.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Yes it's normal to be charged currency exchange fees
I don't know this model so I can't comment on your other questions.

With regards to the rules you may want to read them again: the beginning of your post was ok, but then when you posted all of your remaining pics and asked whether you had missed something, that is not allowed

Reactions: ELEV8D

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
You should see a little + sign at the bottom right

ELEV8D

Looking Around
4/9/21
The moon
It just says “quote” and “flag”. Nothing about edit?
I can edit this last post but not the others. Sorry mods.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tijdwijzer

T3RM1N4T0R

The Terminator Mod
Advisor
25/8/13
Removed the end of the post
everything else is okay per rules

Reactions: ELEV8D

ELEV8D

Looking Around
4/9/21
The moon
Thanks Terminator.

So anyways, I ended up rejecting that watch. Upon closer inspection I noticed that the hour markers/bezel/logo/crystal did not line up properly.

I’m not gonna lie, I kinda wish I hadn’t ordered this watch, it seems like “IPK” does some shoddy work, well, atleast on this watch. Minor imperfections are expected but to have paint bleeding into the carbon on the bezel?? On all of them???:ffuu:

I’m really hoping that I’ll be able to fix the issue myself somehow, maybe with some rubbing alcohol/acetone/paint thinner or something. I just hope it doesn’t ruin the carbon fiber. I’ve looked everywhere and asked a bunch of dealers and I couldn’t find a single spare one of those bezels for sale anywhere.

Has anybody here had to do anything like this before?
Any suggestions or pointers I could get would be much appreciated.

:wyliehelp:

Last edited: