• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Factory - RF Factory Upcoming 126610 Release

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
I think the Cookie Monster is a VSF and was included as a comparison / reference to show differences in case size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, sitting next to VSF, it just doesn't look right anymore.
No wonder why the VSF Subs are sold within minutes in the M2M sales

Fisherman1980

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
18/9/21
0.6mm.....Joe doesnt even see this....my god....whats up my nitpickers, everyone awake?;)

Agree. wow people can actually notice at 0.6mm difference? I think they are the next best thing out there since we cant get VSF, and it appears better components too

Next question in comparison of Clean vs. new RF

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

Bra1nbug

Big certified error
Supporter
Certified
27/9/20
The Netherlands
Received it today :)
Looking okay. First thing I'd noticed straight away:
Crystal is way too high, ROLEX print is "different" and cyclops seems "deeper".
jqdN5c.jpg

jqdGKb.jpg

jqdS9p.jpg

jqd0s5.jpg

jqdxDF.jpg
jqdJqt.jpg
jqdVX2.jpg
jqdcbE.jpg
jqkZQ3.jpg
jqkDUn.jpg

Thickness is 12.4mm (gen) vs 12.9mm (rep), so the difference is only 0.5mm.
However very noticeable when compared to gen.

Versus the original 126610 (gen. on the left):

jqkjRs.jpg

jqkLXP.jpg
jqkAqJ.jpg

Last edited:

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Seems like a decent effort - would you be kind enough for a few more side by side pics once you've got all the stickers and factory grime off it?

I notice the minute handle is longer than the rep

They're near as dammit the same once you take into account the difference in angle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jayalvin777

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
NIce, well done some proper pics. How does it feel compared to that gen there buddy? Weight, bezel mech and rotation, crown unscrewing etc. please also try this with both and report back..

Reactions: dogwood

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
I would like to see a tear-down of the movement to see exactly what's in there.
You and me and everyone here... this new Shanghai movement is popping up in every sub west of the Mississippi. There are gonna be SO MANY fake internet points to the first person to post a tear-down.

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
Bra1nbug Could we see some more side by side pics and more of your commentary? Thank you so much!

I think the ROLEX is much bolder on Gen and the crystal is indeed too high on RF (I just compared mine to VSF which sits much lower like Gen) - probably why the cyclops on RF looks deeper I am thinking.

Lug thickness between Gen and RF seems pretty spot on from pics above - maybe VSF is too thin?

GottaHave

Known Member
28/12/20
So much for the page 1 ad where the factory tells everyone how exact it is to the original.

Yes, I know it's a rep but their words, not mine.

HTF do you get crystal (or bezel) height incorrect plus overall thickness wrong in 2021, these are optic fundamentals.

Before I'm crucified by the deranged fan boys, for speaking the truth, I've already ordered one and it's in the US so I should see it next week...................hopefully.

The merry-go-round of lies and deceit continue...............................what a surprise in this game. ;)

wiseguyry

Horology Curious
10/2/20
I have one on the way too (shipped out a couple days ago). Looking at these pictures now, I don't know how to feel. It does look pretty good, but the thickness probably would have been a dealbreaker had I known about it prior to ordering. I'm excited to see how it feels in-hand and to see more reviews and comparisons start coming out. The main concerns I have are the lugs and the thickness. Everything else I can probably live with such as dial printing, which honestly doesn't look that bad despite the gen looking brighter. Thanks to everyone so far who has posted pictures and thoughts!

Reactions: GottaHave

Smekals

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/9/21
Dirty South, US
NIce, well done some proper pics. How does it feel compared to that gen there buddy? Weight, bezel mech and rotation, crown unscrewing etc. please also try this with both and report back..
My pictures will not be up to the same quality as some of these above me but to answer your questions...it feels 1:1 of Gen. I am by far a rolex professional. But I am as happy as can be with it. You can nit pick on the macro pictures all day but in person it's a quality watch. Bezel feels firm and has no give clicks feel strong and it slides easily. Weight is 160 grams on the dot. Crown twists smooth and pops out as it should with not much force. It does scratch your nail but takes a bit of push. All in all I'm very happy and really can't pick out anything too off without a macro shot.
ccaef948849c8aec55fbace02fb0013d.jpg
e6374cf26f62f2f242fd6d1281efd46b.jpg
06d7ff2adabe71dec19a6a272d925210.jpg
e06c3400eae1d86610dc059a5690098b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk