• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF Pepsi Bezel Lip Mod

thechoppiestgreens

2/4/18
Hi All,

Are there any modders here that would be able to do the bezel lip mod like the one posted by KJ2020 on the big CF Pepsi thread? I mean, I know the bezel lip thing isn't a huge issue, but now that I've seen it, I can't unsee it and I'd really love to have it done on mine.

I think this might be something interesting to a bunch of people, so I thought I'd put it out there.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I’ll do it if you send me the watch and I’ll do it for free and a review and compare against my genuine Pepsi too. I’m in the UK.

Reactions: P..DR..D

JustFou

Known Member
9/7/18
I’ll do it if you send me the watch and I’ll do it for free and a review and compare against my genuine Pepsi too. I’m in the UK.

I was waiting for you to propose that as I think you'll do a good job with the watch in hand! I think your perspective as a Gen owner and your critical thinking will make a great comparison :)

thechoppiestgreens

2/4/18

I’m down. Once I get the watch in-hand, I’ll PM you. I’m in Canada, so maybe DHL would be the fastest way to get it to and from you.

imaballa

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/9/20

I am in UK (London), happy to send my CF Pepsi over if you like? If you want me to pay, happy to do so too. I really want to get my lip job done properly.????

newrepseaker

Horology Curious
28/7/20

I'm also very interested in a lip mod for my CF pepsi and will happily send it over, i'm located in Denmark so it should be pretty easy.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Here's a re-post from the CF Pepsi thread. I just used a Batman insert for demonstration purposes since I didn't have a Pepsi insert lying around. The gen BLNR models do NOT have the lip, so CF goofed putting the updated bezel with lip on their BLNR reps.

Remove the insert and use a die to help hold and guide the bezel while sanding the inside bezel rim on a flat surface with 2000 grit. This will start to remove material.

j3k7zo.jpg

Be gentle and take it slow, rotating your grip to keep even pressure points. Evaluate progress often

j3kNkP.jpg

Switch to 7000 grit wet, then finish off with some Cape Cod

j3kJ7K.jpg

It's even all the way around, some light reflections can make it look a little wider in spots. Take care not to let the lip get wide enough to eat into the scallops. That will change the shape of the outer curve.

j3kczv.jpg

Before and after

j3kFaS.jpg

Last edited:

newrepseaker

Horology Curious
28/7/20
Here's a re-post from the CF Pepsi thread. I just used a Batman insert for demonstration purposes since I didn't have a Pepsi insert lying around. The gen BLNR models do NOT have the lip, so CF goofed putting the updated bezel with lip on their BLNR reps.

Remove the insert and use a die to help hold and guide the bezel while sanding the inside bezel rim on a flat surface with 2000 grit. This will start to remove material.

j3k7zo.jpg

Be gentle and take it slow, rotating your grip to keep even pressure points. Evaluate progress often

j3kNkP.jpg

Switch to 7000 grit wet, then finish off with some Cape Cod

j3kJ7K.jpg

It's even all the way around, some light reflections can make it look a little wider in spots. Take care not to let the lip get wide enough to eat into the scallops. That will change the shape of the outer curve.

j3kczv.jpg

Before and after

j3kFaS.jpg

I really just don't understand how removing metal from the bezel will make it apear to be more metal? I'm also very new to this. Can you explain further?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I really just don't understand how removing metal from the bezel will make it apear to be more metal? I'm also very new to this. Can you explain further?

Bro, when a mountain peak blows off after a volcano eruption it creates a plateau in place of the peak. Same principle

/\ becomes ¡—¡

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I'm also very interested in a lip mod for my CF pepsi and will happily send it over, i'm located in Denmark so it should be pretty easy.

No, I'd rather withdraw my offer after learning more about the construction of the CF bezel. I could not guarantee that it would go back together and work the same after being removed from the watch. I have not done any..