• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF Datejust 41 is the DW correct?

XoXi

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
2/2/20
Hello,

just got my QC pics from Hontwatch.
  1. Dealer name: Hontwatch
  2. Factory name: ARF
  3. Model name: 126334 Datejust 41mm blue Jubilee
  4. Album link: https://imgur.com/a/7FZq2Qs
I have the feeling that the DW is from and older batch and the 2 is too much to the left. Also the Solid End Links do not look that great. What do you say?

Davne25

Supporter // Watchaddict
23/3/17
Germany
Hey mate, please dont post your QC and ask for advice on accepting it or not. Its your watch, you have to be happy… if you aren’t then reject it, thats how it goes. :)
Apart from that i cant see any issue with the watch, looks how it should in my opinion.

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

Reactions: P..DR..D

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Hello,

I have the feeling that the DW is from and older batch and the 2 is too much to the left. Also the Solid End Links do not look that great. What do you say?

I don't see anything wrong with the end links, ARF jubilee bracelets are the best.

Your date is fine, it's centered in the straight on pic.

Look here
Are my eyes deceiving me?

XoXi

Banned
2/2/20
I will ask for more QC pics but the 2 definitely is too much to the left you can see it compared to the 0. Also it seems like its an old batch with the bold DW tbh. Would love to get some more feedback - currently I am giving it back.

McPwn

21/9/20
I will ask for more QC pics but the 2 definitely is too much to the left you can see it compared to the 0. Also it seems like its an old batch with the bold DW tbh. Would love to get some more feedback - currently I am giving it back.

It might just be the angle. In the first pic it looks OK.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

The 2 is not left justified. Look at the link I posted. It just LOOKS like it.

Are my eyes deceiving me?

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
I wish patience for the TD with you...

Man take that watch and stop nitpicking....
its a replica....

XoXi

Banned
2/2/20
Hello,

thanks a lot for your answers. Indeed I think that if you are paying 300-400 € for a watch it is normal that you dive in into some analyze and compare the QCs you saw before. Everyone can understand one wants to have a good replica otherwise you would not invest so much time in informing yourself. Anyway thanks a lot for your feedback!

So basically you do not realize any major differences between the other QCs you saw from arf and I can take it? Just was wondering about the date wheel because people said that the new batch was better and I wanted to go sure that I get the new one.

TTBHG

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/10/20
Violates the rule about posting QC and then argues when people still offer advice. Well played, Sir.

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
Violates the rule about posting QC and then argues when people still offer advice. Well played, Sir.

He did have a query regarding the datewheel which is fine, using the format seen on Reddit is slightly amusing however.

Alan Bourdillion Traherne

Renowned Member
6/3/21
CONUS
Hello,

Good Lord! Do you seriously think someone is going to be walking by you and grab your wrist and shriek "AHA!!! I feel the date wheel numbers are TOO MUCH TO THE LEFT!!!! And the SEL's just DON'T LOOK THAT GREAT!! FAKE!!" Jeez, get over it, Reject it or accept it but this level of nitpicking is a bit tedious. Or am I being obtuse?

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Good Lord! Do you seriously think someone is going to be walking by you and grab your wrist and shriek "AHA!!! I feel the date wheel numbers are TOO MUCH TO THE LEFT!!!! And the SEL's just DON'T LOOK THAT GREAT!! FAKE!!" Jeez, get over it, Reject it or accept it but this level of nitpicking is a bit tedious. Or am I being obtuse?
To be fair to XoXi, he didn’t type the immortal words, “Instant Tell” or “Not Like Gen” or “Called Out” in the initial enquiry, and he did have specific queries as opposed to asking for general critical feedback. And he’s right - if you’re paying several hundred dollars for a watch, you want to be personally happy with what you get.

However, I do agree with your latter point, that expecting others to join in and validate this level of micro-analysis is indeed tedious. If someone is this anal about the details, then they really also need to be capable of making their own decisions, without help.

And importing a checklist format from Reddit… inexcusable.

Alan Bourdillion Traherne

Renowned Member
6/3/21
CONUS
To be fair to XoXi, he didn’t type the immortal words, “Instant Tell” or “Not Like Gen” or “Called Out” in the initial enquiry, and he did have specific queries as opposed to asking for general critical feedback. And he’s right - if you’re paying several hundred dollars for a watch, you want to be personally happy with what you get.

I employed hyperbole to elucidate the absurdities. But I understand and begrudgingly accede to your sentiment. :glaude1:

XoXi

Banned
2/2/20
Hello guys,

thanks a lot for your feedback. I never insulted anyone or was negative - just wanted to know your feedback in case of the date and the SEL. Really sorry if you guys felt like this oO.

I will ask for some more images and will post them here again :) Maybe we have a bit more to talk about then.

Thanks a lot for your answers!

Davne25

Supporter // Watchaddict
23/3/17
Germany
Hey mate, regarding the datewheel, i think it is indeed better then earlier batches. Comparing to my v3 black dial datejust from arf which iam wearing while writing this, your DW looks more crispy! So i dont think its from an old batch, its just not as good as other factorys in my opinion. Maybe you are mixing that up :)

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

Reactions: p0pperini

XoXi

Banned
2/2/20
Just got the video from the TD: https://imgur.com/OC8Wqyp

It seems like I indeed got the new batch with smaller DW - it looks great. Anyway I somehow have the feeling that its misaligned a bit to the left even if he is changing the angle. What do you guys think? You definitely will have more expertise than me.

Bests,

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/5/18
Dude I had 2 of the old arf DJs. That one looks great. I think I’m going for a third.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/5/18
Dude I had 2 of the old arf DJs. That one looks great. I think I’m going for a third.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XoXi

Banned
2/2/20
Hi,

thanks a lot mate! Love it too tbh but would love to know your point of view in case of the DW alignment. Is this beautiful peace centered?