• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DWO for 116610 Noob V9 with 2836-2

Hellraiser911

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/7/12
Dear Forum members,

I recently changed the A2836 for a real ETA2836, but I didn't have the watch long enough
to notice the (apparently typical) DWO left alignment flaw between the 10th and the 20th of the month.

Does anyone have a link to a more correct DWO?

Thanks in advance!

Kind Regards,
Johan

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
You can actually use a gen or gen-spec 3135 DW as an overlay. The 2824 usually will need a little modding on the overlay like the teeth removed but the 2836 often does not. If replacing a rep DW with a rep DWO on it, the rep DWO should be removed to avoid excess thickness (height issue).

Here is a 2824 with a toothless VR3135 DW used as an a DWO. Other than this, the best ETA DWOs come from rep factories. I used to get DWOs from TDs in a parts order but haven't in a while. Most TDs seem less willing to get parts nowadays even if you also buy a watch or two which I always do.

jHhOJk.jpg

jHhyao.jpg

jHhW2E.jpg

jHhelt.jpg

jHh5F2.jpg

jHhLWF.jpg

jHha6n.jpg

jHhojs.jpg

jHhiv3.jpg

jHhqOY.jpg

-

Last edited:

Hellraiser911

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/7/12
Thanks KJ2020, nice job!

I still have the original ETA datewheel, I swapped the one from the A2836 to the ETA2836, so its just a case of sticking it to the original datewheel.

Or maybe this is an excuse to just buy another sub :p

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thanks KJ2020, nice job!

I still have the original ETA datewheel, I swapped the one from the A2836 to the ETA2836, so its just a case of sticking it to the original datewheel.

Or maybe this is an excuse to just buy another sub :p

Sticking on a DWO can be a little frustrating. I'm going to make a tutorial post about it, maybe today.

Getting all the numbers lined up properly in the date window is a hit and miss process that often takes great patience and care. The DWO has to be finally situated perfectly in all ways - horizontal, vertical, and rotational. Slow cure epoxy is the glue of choice. I put the actual dial being used onto the movement with the glue wet and flip through the dates. Sometimes it can take a dozen adjustments before all the dates line up. Nudge the DWO a little up, dial on, nope the 8 is too low, dial off, nudge the DWO, dial on, nope the 26 is too high, dial off, etc. Not fun but you do what you gotta do. There are thin PVC templates for this task but I've never liked them so I stick with what works for me.