• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QC for Yohan Blake RM59-01

OmegaMan47

Looking Around
31/12/20
Hey I was wondering if any knowledgeable people in this forum could help with QC on this one for me? I kinda think the strap doesn't fit the case great but let me know. P.S.- I was told these were done by a small factory with no name, but you guys let me know what little factory could pump these out, JBF?? Anyways let me know.

Reactions: Jackson555

Takel98

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
22/7/19
Europe
Read the rules you can’t post qc if you haven’t still approved them!! unless the ones you have doubts on to ask questions but not all of them!

Reactions: P..DR..D

TessFR

MULTI ACCOUNT
5/11/20
Read the rules you can’t post qc if you haven’t still approved them!! unless the ones you have doubts on to ask questions but not all of them!

if no QC photo has ever been posted before it is entitled

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
A little on QC pics.

23-03-13, 04:50
  • QC pics are to satisfy YOU that the watch is OK to YOUR standards, that there are no crooked indices, missing lume, offset chrono hands etc. QC pics are not for picking tells or things that are present in every example of a model such as spelling errors, happy feet, wrong lume colour etc. These things you should be aware of already either by reading or by posting a thread before you order and asking about the issues with whatever model you wish to buy.

QC pics should only be posted if you have some doubt and need to ask a question such as "Hey guys, the lume on the 6 looks a bit wonkey to me, should I let it go or ask for another watch?" or "Is the SEL gap on this excessive or is that normal on this model?" or even "I was told this is a V3.5 but I'm not sure, is it?" That sort of thing, not a general "can anyone see anything wrong?"

This is the norm across all the boards. The reason is to prevent self claimed "experts" chiming in with shit like "Don't accept this, the date is .0001 of a mm off centre!" or "this version is shit, you should have got the V 27.32". The first is answerable by remembering it's a rep and the second is outside the scope of QC pics. This sort of bullshit results in watches being rejected for no good reason and the dealers get stuck with a watch they cannot return as there is nothing wrong with it. The noob who asked also then ends up with an unrealistic expectation of what he can expect. That helps no one.

You should all be grateful you have QC pics at all, it was only 4 or so years ago they did not exist. Try to think of anything else you buy on line where you get QC pics? You can't can you? The dealers hate them, it would be very easy for me to have them stopped. One email to all the dealers telling them all to stop would be all it would take and if QC pics begin to have an effect on the livelihood of our dealers (and thus the cost of reps in general) I will do so. The guy who had this bright idea first is no longer even a dealer

Last edited:

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
​​​​​​

[h=2]The purpose of QC pictures[/h] 11-02-12, 01:22

At RWI, we're fortunate to have a few dealers who take the time to individually procure, inspect, and photograph watches for potential buyers. This has not always been the norm, and in fact, it's a recent development. Up until about two years ago, all of the dealers drop-shipped everything and never even had the items in their hands before it got sent to buyers. As a result, buyers got items with obvious flaws and occasionally received the wrong thing altogether, and it was all "part of the game".

Things have changed, and for the better. We do now have dealers who are willing to post QC pics to buyers to make sure that people get what they want. But there's a specific purpose for those pictures, and unfortunately, we're seeing more and more buyers (usually new members) who are abusing this privilege.

Purpose of QC pic:

1) ensuring that you are getting the right watch
2) identifying any serious flaws in the item

You may post a QC pic if you have a specific question about a possible serious flaw that you have found, and want input on how common or acceptable it is. However, the purpose of QC pics, and especially posting it on the open forum, is not: "Dealer X has sent me this QC pic, what do you think?" or "xxxxxx under 1000x magnification looks slightly xxxxxx, should I accept?" etc.

We expect everyone to do their own research and homework as to whether an item is acceptable to them. If you haven't noticed a flaw, asking 38K members to jump in and identify all the problems they can possibly find is unfair to everyone. It's unfair to the folks who have taken the time and effort to learn about this hobby. It's even more unfair to the dealers, who have to individually buy the watches for you, inspect and photograph it, only to have you decide that some tiny imperfection which you never noticed in the first place, renders the piece unacceptable.

The staff here does not want the responsibility of censoring these posts, so we ask you to use your own good judgment in posting these pictures, or responding to the requests of others. Fortunately, having reviewed a recent thread on this topic, it seems that the consensus of the longtime members is that they understand and agree with this policy. Feel free to point offenders to this thread as often as necessary.

Takel98

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
22/7/19
Europe
if no QC photo has ever been posted before it is entitled

I believe that unless the watch has been accepted you can’t post all of the qc pics also because if you decide to reject the watch someone who gets offered the same watch may find it on this thread and reject it also only because of this in any case the dealer would get stuck with this watch for a while, the buyer for the strap problem could have just posted 1/2 pics if he had doubts or questions don’t see the reason for example of the timegrapher picture

Reactions: P..DR..D

TessFR

MULTI ACCOUNT
5/11/20
I believe that unless the watch has been accepted you can’t post all of the qc pics also because if you decide to reject the watch someone who gets offered the same watch may find it on this thread and reject it also only because of this in any case the dealer would get stuck with this watch for a while, the buyer for the strap problem could have just posted 1/2 pics if he had doubts or questions don’t see the reason for example of the timegrapher picture

I don't know if all photos are allowed, but RWi accepts to upload QC photos even rejected if no QC photos have been seen so far

krkqm2008

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/4/18
Dallas Texas
I was under the impression. That if its a new watch . And you are the first one to bite the bullet and buy it. We can comment on GL and or RL

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
I was under the impression. That if its a new watch . And you are the first one to bite the bullet and buy it. We can comment on GL and or RL

I see your reasoning Sir, but does it not go against the original premise behind QC pictures, which is that the buyer, singular, is satisfied that he/she is getting what they ordered and is happy with them or not?

I will of course be corrected if I'm wrong, but my reading of both DD60's posts, one of which is written by the Bossman himself, is that, first of all we are lucky to get QC at all , and secondly, it is not for the forum to decide what a fellow member accepts or rejects?

Open to correction of course, this is just my 2c, and may well be wrong, at which point, I'll defer to the wisdom of veterans much smarter than me :)

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Jeez. Simple-
Posting QC for the sake of showing them (i.e. new models etc.) is fine, as long as you are showing them only. In that case approved QC is more welcome logically. Unapproved ones if you have any specific concerns.

OmegaMan47

Looking Around
31/12/20
I approved them last night as the band is a minor issue and the time it took to receive QC was well over a week. As mentioned previously if anyone could figure out what factory is behind this model that would be appreciated as my TD wouldn't say other than it was done by a small factory--- although I assume this is for anonymity and to prevent future raids maybe? Anyhow when I get the model in question in hand, I will be sure to add some more pictures to the thread.

Mayor_McCheese

29/4/20
Brisbane, Australia
Looking at these pics again, is the inner 'claw' part on the front at back plastic? Pretty sure the gen is metal painted and looks much better, I don't want to buy it if it is plastic :(

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Looking at these pics again, is the inner 'claw' part on the front at back plastic? Pretty sure the gen is metal painted and looks much better, I don't want to buy it if it is plastic :(

the tourbillon fake jewel layout is more obvious than the material of the claws tbh....

c_hall100

El Presidente
Gold Patron
Certified
14/2/20
UK
What a dreadful looking watch looks like it’s come out of a Christmas cracker sorry but bloody hell what the hell possessed you to buy that !!

Reactions: Picasso74

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Yes I agree, in terms of tells that give it away as a rep. But in terms of the quality of the watch, to me the plastic claw looks cheap and ruin it but the movement is OK

then you might mod it with metallic paint to give it the shimmer. There is always a solution

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
What a dreadful looking watch looks like it’s come out of a Christmas cracker sorry but bloody hell what the hell possessed you to buy that !!

Taking a long shot here but am guessing it’s because it costs slightly less than few hundred grands that the gen costs? :legend:
Of course quality looks reduced by a proportionate difference too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK

Producer Michael told him to.
Relentless bastion of good taste that he clearly is.

Reactions: c_hall100

c_hall100

El Presidente
Gold Patron
Certified
14/2/20
UK
Taking a long shot here but am guessing it’s because it costs slightly less than few hundred grands that the gen costs? :legend:
Of course quality looks reduced by a proportionate difference too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I guess, I didn’t know anything about RM until recently, they caught my eye but the green is hideous

The rose gold one is ok but the gens are mega money, had no idea lol

giphy.gif

Reactions: legend