• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF RM 35 with Humidity inside

Tiempofugit

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/10/20
After walking under the rain, I just discover some that my watch is foggy.it's been 2/3 days I try to solve the problem : I put it in the rice with the crown open.... It becomes perfect but I wear it it is "foggy after 10 minutes". Do I need to open it (I've ordered a screwdriver to manage something) but I can't wear it. pease HELP!!!!

After walking under the rain, I just discover some that my watch is foggy.it's been 2/3 days I try to solve the problem : I put it in the rice with the crown open.... It becomes perfect but I wear it it is "foggy after 10 minutes". Do I need to open it (I've ordered a screwdriver to manage something) but I can't wear it. pease HELP!!!!

There are special sealable bags with anhydrous chemicals for this purpose but it sounds like you need the existing seals on your watch greasing or replacing or both. Look on Amazon for the phone bags.

Ben251210

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Banned
20/4/20
Hello ! I have same problem with my RM 035 ! Let me know how you solve this problem too please ! Thanks !!

Tiempofugit

31/10/20
I just remove the back and front case to eliminate humidity... I hope it will not be bacK... Not so sure the watch is really waterproof :((((

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
I just remove the back and front case to eliminate humidity... I hope it will not be bacK... Not so sure the watch is really waterproof :((((

It's definitely not waterproof. At the very least it'd need a screw-down crown to be waterproof, plus the gaskets aren't the best. However even the gens have this problem; there's a few photos out there of an RM11 totally fogged up after the owner was caught in a rainstorm or some shit. You'd think for a watch that can literally survive a 50G crash it would be able to survive a rainstorm, but apparently that isn't a priority.

Last edited:

Ben251210

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Banned
20/4/20

yes I think not waterproof too .. I shipped back to the seller he said to me he can fix it , we will see haha

Tiempofugit

31/10/20
Thanks all for the feedback. I ove this watch but now a screw on the back disappear (5 prongs/ Case screws) Do you know how to find missing parts. I find on Ali a site who provide Titanium but it's close to 45 euros :-(

altaylar1

Known Member
23/9/20
Yes, remove the case back, let it dry in a warm place for several hours.

Use the leftover rice to make stir fry.

I havent tried the first advice, but the stir fry is a good one, I second to that