• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The ULTIMATE ZF RM035 Thread

Hasselbaink

DR. H4RDC@R3 T3RR@R
Supporter
Certified
29/9/10
Archiregnum Hungaricum
E voilá:
Mvm cleaned, oiled and regulated + check out the black gearwheel at 12.
Now stuff works like a champ, smooth winding up and reserve of 32 hours according to my ws.
One remark: the respective part is that sensitive and tricky that in case of leaving "loose" will cause the stuttering but in case of tightening (too much) might cause the movm stop hence the factories are leaving them fully loose.
Lastly according to the ws opinion this is citizen mvm not a seiko..
Anyhow now its ok ;)

https://youtu.be/pfQejNgS3bw

Some pics taken during the process.
29f1a3de655aa507f0778c1fdd7f7945.jpg
8cb0bd4916cb773d3738ea23ad988f84.jpg
180a06a74b9f811c5ae29670c94f8204.jpg
8fadd0af3196d4c89a06b8cb2571c292.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S9+ using Tapatalk

Last edited:

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands
^^ Amazing pictures and an amazing job by the watchmaker. You must be a happy man :)
and no more stuttering I see in the movie GREAT!!

Last edited:

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
check out the black gearwheel at 12 as per gen;)
It's not. Gen is metallic coated. Means it transitions colour between silver and dark metallic grey. Not black. Also the teeth aren't supposed to be darkened either on the gen. Please refrain from making 'as per gen' statements when it's far from it.

Hasselbaink

DR. H4RDC@R3 T3RR@R
Supporter
Certified
29/9/10
Archiregnum Hungaricum
It's not. Gen is metallic coated. Means it transitions colour between silver and dark metallic grey. Not black. Also the teeth aren't supposed to be darkened either on the gen. Please refrain from making 'as per gen' statements when it's far from it.
This is your only remark on all these shared?
Post edited to be fully in line with the raised..

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
This is your only remark on all these shared?
Post edited to be fully in line with the raised..
What else should I comment on? Nothing else that is new has been shared that needs any further comments. I've commented on your as per gen statement, that's all that needed correction from your original post.
Citizen / Seiko movement doesn't make much difference as both should be sharing the same base so manufacturer doesn't change anything. There's been countless comments on the watch itself, the various models also by me. What should I say?

Hasselbaink

DR. H4RDC@R3 T3RR@R
Supporter
Certified
29/9/10
Archiregnum Hungaricum
What else should I comment on? Nothing else that is new has been shared that needs any further comments. I've commented on your as per gen statement, that's all that needed correction from your original post.
Citizen / Seiko movement doesn't make much difference as both should be sharing the same base so manufacturer doesn't change anything. There's been countless comments on the watch itself, the various models also by me. What should I say?
You're right, that was the most important to point out, nothing to add.

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Yeah, like I said. I wouldn't know what else is there to point out. It's a nice watch and a nice mod to it despite not being like the genuine. Neither you nor your watchmaker reinvented the wheel with the work performed. Either way, it's a nice watch as many others of these are.

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer

Btw it isnt Citizen, its a Hattori movement (aka Seiko)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
That was nice of you to share the process & results ! Thanks for this

What did he do to the barrel cover at 12 ? Paint or other process ?

stanevo6

computer says no
29/5/17
The Low Lands
I would like to thank Hasselbaink too. He took the time to make pictures and a movie and shared them with us. Perhaps there is no new info in his post, but I like it anyway.
That Qtip stated that the dark wheel is not Gen Like I did not know, so I learned that. And that is what this forum is all about: LEARNING.

SO thanks agian Hasselbaink, and more photo's and movies always welcome. Cheers

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Shared, what the ws said. He excluded being a Seiko.
Beyond a certain point doesnt really matter, just FYC.

It wasnt a attack mate, just a observation the movement being Hattori and not Citizen. Your WS couldve mixed them as they look quiet similar ;) anyhow, thanks for your detailed pictures!

You might aswell can black the top movement bridge a bit so it wouldnt be obvious there is a movement under the deco. Might be a next update? :)

Hasselbaink

DR. H4RDC@R3 T3RR@R
Supporter
Certified
29/9/10
Archiregnum Hungaricum
It wasnt a attack mate, just a observation the movement being Hattori and not Citizen. Your WS couldve mixed them as they look quiet similar ;) anyhow, thanks for your detailed pictures!

You might aswell can black the top movement bridge a bit so it wouldnt be obvious there is a movement under the deco. Might be a next update? :)
Didnt take it as an attack, shared all his remarks for the interests of the community ;)

Hasselbaink

DR. H4RDC@R3 T3RR@R
Supporter
Certified
29/9/10
Archiregnum Hungaricum
Hasselbaink how did your ws “ tighten” the hands ? So that it’s running smooth with no stutter

Dont know how but if someone is familiar with the specs and rhe respective part knows how much the is the allowed level.
also cleand the btw super simple mvm, oiled it and its running great, no stutter, check out the vid provided.

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
how did your ws “ tighten” the hands ? So that it’s running smooth with no stutter
to minimize stutter on your NH05 movement: The stuttering second hand is normally caused by lack of tension on the center seconds pinion, and can be sorted by bending the friction spring slightly.(given that the correct hand is used)

Has to be done right, if too loose it will stutter, if too tight, it may cause the hand to stop.

Reactions: XLR8R