• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The ULTIMATE ZF RM035 Thread

maison888

I'm Pretty Popular
7/8/14
Great choice on the black strap Simon! Now all you need is a black rubber crown guard :). Please post photos once you receive it.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Heard Intime is going to have a special customization option for the ZF v3. Anyone else know about this?
What would that be?

jcguo0516

4/12/18
Did you both check the colorless jewel @5 o clock? In both QC cases the hands hide it.

oh damn, didnt even notice, but i guess its not an issue, i just emailed them, since I'm in China, even if it has any issue PT has great customer services, return wont be an issue for me

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
Was just curious because it appeared on 2 separate QC‘s in a row. Pretty sure everything will be okay!

looking forward to your wrist shots! Enjoy her.

What are the main things we should be looking for from a QC point of view?

tadcool

Horology Curious
31/3/18
Ok, dumb question: What else can be modded after the ABD case? Are we talking different color straps or something?

I assume its something to do with the movement. The only flaws I can pick out at the moment are the pink jewels, "RICHARD MILLE" text at 2 o'clock and the inscription above the jewel at 5 o'clock. If they provide an option to fix these flaws, this watch would be potentially NWBIG.

jaywatchman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/7/20
The new rm035-02 ZF v3 looks insanely close to the original when considering price, the only real let down for me is the movement.
It's not automatic, it's manual wound. It runs at 3hz, not the original 4hz. And the balance wheel on the 'dial' at 5 is fake and doesn't move.

These flaws aren't a deal breaker by any means, but I'm curious why they went with the NH05A. I don't recall ever seeing it in a rep watch before.
Is it reliable? Is there something unique about it that made it the choice of movement for some RM reps? What are the benefits?

The rep producers always surprise us, so maybe it's not crazy to assume they'll rep the movement one day.
But is it worth holding out a for?

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
Ok, dumb question: What else can be modded after the ABD case? Are we talking different color straps or something?

Custom carbon case it is better than what ZF is offering, Custom carbon crown, custom titanium dlc coated screws, movement mainplate dlc coating, jewel change to clear ones on the front and don't quote me on that not sure but velcro strap? Can't recall man.

We gotta realize that ABD fully customized watch is not a mass produced thing. I mean it is mass produced but not in the level of what the factories are doing so that's why they are expensive. I don't think price will be cheaper at Intime for fully customized one but hey any improvement is welcome on the RMs i guess.

Last edited:

Timrm

24/4/18
Pretty sure they’ll add a carbon inner bezel, and remake the gears for the customized version. You’ll be able to choose a color, maybe closed or open back and maybe they offer different cases like the white quarts or it’ll be a new version

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
The new rm035-02 ZF v3 looks insanely close to the original when considering price, the only real let down for me is the movement.
It's not automatic, it's manual wound. It runs at 3hz, not the original 4hz. And the balance wheel on the 'dial' at 5 is fake and doesn't move.

These flaws aren't a deal breaker by any means, but I'm curious why they went with the NH05A. I don't recall ever seeing it in a rep watch before.
Is it reliable? Is there something unique about it that made it the choice of movement for some RM reps? What are the benefits?

The rep producers always surprise us, so maybe it's not crazy to assume they'll rep the movement one day.

The Seiko NH05A is an automatic movement (which like all automatic movements can be wound manually also). That’s the movement they’ve put in this watch.

It is an obvious choice because of it’s small size:
- the diameter at 17,5mm makes it perfect to decorate and imitate a highly skeletonized movement because it’s small enough to hide beneath decoration plates and doesn’t take up much space.
- Its thickness of only 5,92mm makes it perfect for decorating and mounting on top a big rotor without adding significant to the case thickness.

Also it’s obvious because of it’s cheap price and because of it’s reliability.

Downside is, it’s not made for driving big, bulky hands and hence the known issue of hacking of the seconds hand.

Reps are always restricted because of the movement there isn’t freedom to make it like the gen.

The frequency is irrelevant IMO as the balance wheel isn’t front faced at 5 and isn’t visible.

Last edited:

pt98765

9/4/20
UK

To answer the specific question on reliability...Seiko is about as reliable as it gets!

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

jaywatchman

31/7/20
The Seiko NH05A is an automatic movement (which like all automatic movements can be wound manually also). That’s the movement they’ve put in this watch.

It is an obvious choice because of it’s small size:
- the diameter at 17,5mm makes it perfect to decorate and imitate a highly skeletonized movement because it’s small enough to hide beneath decoration plates and doesn’t take up much space.
- Its thickness of only 5,92mm makes it perfect for decorating and mounting on top a big rotor without adding significant to the case thickness.

Also it’s obvious because of it’s cheap price and because of it’s reliability.

Downside is, it’s not made for driving big, bulky hands and hence the known issue of hacking of the seconds hand.

Reps are always restricted because of the movement there isn’t freedom to make it like the gen.

The frequency is irrelevant IMO as the balance wheel isn’t front faced at 5 and isn’t visible.

I understand, so the movement is ideal for enabling factories to rep the skeletonised watch design.
A good compromise between reliability and aesthetics.

JM, in your opinion do you think this watch is NWBIG by this point? (The ZF and ABD v3 collab)
Cheers mate.

chuckbass

9/6/15
I understand, so the movement is ideal for enabling factories to rep the skeletonised watch design.
A good compromise between reliability and aesthetics.

JM, in your opinion do you think this watch is NWBIG by this point? (The ZF and ABD v3 collab)
Cheers mate.
NWBIG to the extent that this is a $300,000 watch? Absolutely

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk