• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The ULTIMATE ZF RM035 Thread

aquamac

Pamaholic
Certified
28/6/16
UK
Mine is now in the UK! It might just arrive tomorrow (Friday) - can’t wait!

aquamac

Pamaholic
Certified
28/6/16
UK
Hi guys, mine arrived today, and I have got to say, the pictures do not do this justice at all. They in no way give the correct impression of the thickness - I measured 14.12mm. Personally the bezel looks good and the sapphire kicks the spots off any previous RM35 from Z factory or otherwise for clarity. This fits your wrist like a RM 001 - to anyone who has ordered this, you will not be disappointed. More will follow over the weekend.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Hi guys, mine arrived today, and I have got to say, the pictures do not do this justice at all. They in no way give the correct impression of the thickness - I measured 14.12mm. Personally the bezel looks good and the sapphire kicks the spots off any previous RM35 from Z factory or otherwise for clarity. This fits your wrist like a RM 001 - to anyone who has ordered this, you will not be disappointed. More will follow over the weekend.

:ttiwwop:

aquamac

Pamaholic
Certified
28/6/16
UK
IMG_1144.jpeg

IMG_1142.jpeg

IMG_1141.jpeg

IMG_1140.jpeg

Reactions: Spatiumtemporis

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13
The side profile and quality look great, but I can’t get over the bezel. It’s cool but a dead giveaway and far from gen... oh well have to mod so annoying...

Reactions: Stuvetjee

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
We can safely say it’s a good move towards the right direction but a far cry from what our expectations were holding onto..

vikkyrob

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/4/08

I think it looks like a huge improvement on previous versions. However, I am struggling to see the HUGE difference between the gen bezel and this version? I fully admit I have not seen a gen version in the flesh but can someone explain whether it is the pattern, shine, material feel, what is wrong and what would be needed to modify it? Some outside photos would be amazing please. Thanks and I can’t wait for mine to arrive.

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
The side profile and quality look great, but I can’t get over the bezel. It’s cool but a dead giveaway and far from gen... oh well have to mod so annoying...

you think it can be decent modded?

daceswithsheep

15/4/19
London, UK
I think it looks like a huge improvement on previous versions. However, I am struggling to see the HUGE difference between the gen bezel and this version? I fully admit I have not seen a gen version in the flesh but can someone explain whether it is the pattern, shine, material feel, what is wrong and what would be needed to modify it? Some outside photos would be amazing please. Thanks and I can’t wait for mine to arrive.

Here is a little collage for comparison.. the top 9 are taken from gen RM35’s I found.
Then 3 from PureTime
and 3 shots from Aquaman that I slightly tweeked to brighten them.

while not totally perfect as the gen has a bit more of a mottled/glitter pattern in the centre its really not a million miles away from the Gen.

im not sure it can really be modded as is because of how the carbon has been built/cut in the first instance. To make it look like a perfect gen.. you would probs have to build one yourself for that or buy the gen.

http://
90588-D75-D552-4-E8-A-8-BE8-80-CE6-FC79-B05.jpg

Reactions: Hasselbaink

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
Here is a little collage for comparison.. the top 9 are taken from gen RM35’s I found.
Then 3 from PureTime
and 3 shots from Aquaman that I slightly tweeked to brighten them.

while not totally perfect as the gen has a bit more of a mottled/glitter pattern in the centre its really not a million miles away from the Gen.

im not sure it can really be modded as is because of how the carbon has been built/cut in the first instance. To make it look like a perfect gen.. you would probs have to build one yourself for that or buy the gen.

http://
90588-D75-D552-4-E8-A-8-BE8-80-CE6-FC79-B05.jpg

Funny to see all ''jewels'' on gen are actually not purple? They are alot smaller also. Yeah carbon would def not fool me. Looks bad.

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13

If you look at the many photos of the gen online and in person. The bezel is far from the gen. Can it be modded? Yes, anything can be modded if you spend the money, have time and patience. The issue is it may not be worth it in the end...

I like the watch and agree it’s a dramatic improvement on many levels, but this is no doubt a V1 and first attempt to get rid of the parts that the factories effort failed.

gen link for reference below, do you really think the ZF bezel looks like the photos in the link?

https://www.watches.de/en/archive/7735/automatic-rafael-nadal-carbon-rm35-02-ca

gclass

2/9/16
I had the opportunity to try out a couple of gen rm watches, both were over a million models: the rm50 & rm70. The first thing that caught my attention was how light they were. The second thing was that each watch was so well designed that it sits well around the wrist, especially with a Velcro strap. It felt like a sports car on your wrist.
I write this with the hope to get people to understand that when I wore the rm50 ($1.3million). The last thing I was focused on was the bezel. What makes rm watches great is the combination of many well done things, weight, full carbon construction, very well finishing, nice bezel and side profile, Velcro straps, and of course a spectacular movement.
The rm70 (Pharrell watch) shocked my as it was too big and the counter was manual, up and down. It felt so weird to put such a basic counter in an expensive watch. The rm50 on the other hand had the split second movement. The complication is ofcourse second to non. However, I didn't feel comfortable using it a lot, as with any chronograph, it's not advisable to use the chronos a lot.
Again, the guys were super nice and gave me a great introduction into the rm and explained that they have the highest rejection rates for parts in the watch industry due to their selection of only the best parts.

I would like to wrap up by saying the bezel pattern should not be your primary focus. Look at the 1:1 case construction, how the strap slides into the case. Look at the side of the watch and remember that it takes many layers of prepreg carbon tape put at a 45 degree angle, heated at a high temperature and pressure to give you the undestructable case. I think z+f did a good job, they deserve to be appreciated. Think of the cost of the case they bought and their rejection rate.

I'll just wait for the Velcro strap to be produced and then go for it.