• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The ULTIMATE ZF RM035 Thread

Kastro26

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/11/18
Lion City, Singapore
Says who? What are you basing that on?

If it’s not carbon then it’s some sort of magic lightweight layered plastic... I think someone is telling you nonsense!

To be fair my white gold Rolex is made of steel but I don’t care, it looks right. Similarly if the Z+F isn’t carbon then it looks like it is, so does it matter?!

DC

As in my prev post i wanted to edit but tapatalk didnt let me. Tbh its words going around and idk if its true or not. No one here has also confirmed that its 100% carbon anyways.

We only have info based on what the factory tells us.. so who says that ZF really IS carbon asides from the factory? Lmao

Also im sorry but its so contradicting with what you said.. sure the ZF looks carbon.. but the color is way off?? So yes it does matter since even if it IS carbon, the color is too white-ish anyways..

No one is doubting that the ZF is prob the best 35-02 out of the box currently. But as far as it being the ONLY best option? I dont think so.

As rep enthusiasts i strongly believe that we should always be wary of ANY info that we come across and to be able to share it with the interest of further developing the community as a whole. With how much the color is off on the ZF and the pattern is crap albeit better than kv models we should NOT be bias regardless of any reasons or incentives there may be.

And that includes the right for everyone who are interested in reps to be made known of other options out there.

Also as of now, the only info we have about the case being carbon is from the factory. Are you saying that we should blindly trust what ever the factory says? Hell even TDs states some bullshit in their adverts at times(be it measurements or "quality").

I for 1 cant be bothered and do not have the means to get a ZF 35-02 to test if the case really is carbon. But i do hope me sharing it here will prompt someone with interest in it to actually test it. Not just to be called out and told that the stuff ive read is nonsense just because. Tbh wouldnt anyone as a potential buyer want to know if its really carbon as stated too?

Peace

Kas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
You can't put things like that out there because "word is going around". People spend a lot of money to make these watches and it could have a serious impact. If you know something then that is another story........

Kastro26

8/11/18
Lion City, Singapore
You can't put things like that out there because "word is going around". People spend a lot of money to make these watches and it could have a serious impact. If you know something then that is another story........

Shouldnt it be known anyways? I have always been careful with my words and i have never claimed to know for sure its 100% not carbon. Its a forum to share any info. 50% of the info we get on here cant be vetted anyways. Its always what people say or heard or came across. And to be really frank, this is a forum discussing reps. Not a place to push any specific businesses. Any info that may concern ANY rep should be shared.

If i were to on the other hand have claimed that it isnt carbon and provide bs proof then sure . Bring the hammer down on me.

Im honestly abit sick of the biasness and info favoring goin on and ive only been surfing rep forums for about 4 months regularly and on and off about a year or so.

At the end of the day, we are here to learn and share things about the rep world. If we cant do so without fear of being targeted or called out upon due to whatsoever reasons then it defeats the whole purpose of the forums in the first place.

Of course there are assholes out there out with a vendetta but i dont see how any of my posts have been 1 sided so far. I read, I understand and I make my decisions and opinions base on what can be found on the forums and other platforms.

Also i have noticed members who have been shot down for sharing their opinion about the ZF reps. Isnt everyone entitled to their critism of such reps? Thats what we are here for anyways to nitpick at the reps.

Peace

Kas

Last edited:

littowun

Known Member
1/6/19
Not Applicable
They may look like junk to you, but they are no question the best RM035 rep so far, so for us who love the RM035 they were the best and really the only option (let’s not even talk about ABD). And everyone who got one, myself included, has said they are great... so what do you know?!

DC

ABD don’t make a carbon case, if they’re offering an RM035 with a full carbon case then it must be a modded Z+F (there is a picture of a Z+F on their Instagram page so assume they have been able to mod it after all their comments about it being rubbish, they’re now selling it themselves... I hate to think what they’re charging for it). All other RM035 reps including the ABD modded Z factory have metal mid case and the overall proportions and profile are way off, so definitely not worth shelling out circa $1,000 on IMO unless carbon pattern is all you care about. Believe me, in person the carbon pattern is not as big an issue as the overall shape, case thickness and bezel thickness.

The mid case of the Z+F is definitely made out of a layered carbon like material. If it’s not carbon then I’ve no idea what it is, but it looks like carbon and is extremely light. I’d say it’s almost certainly carbon, for sure it is not just decorated with grooves like the KVF, you can clearly see the layers!

DC

This is a ZF thread, I've made my position clear on my feelings of the ZF bezel so I've refrained from commenting further too much to be respectful.

But you're coming off a bit strong, mate. On the AP sub-forum, folks who take such strong positions with such confidence as you do, actually own the gen counterparts and/or have done extensive franken projects to justify their expertise. How about you? What is your base of reference? Other than having purchased a few reps like the RM027/RM001 which rest of us have done as well.

I was at the Beverly Hills RM Boutique a little bit ago, handled the gen RM035 and I must say I prefer even my Gen 1 ABD modded "Z" to the "ZF".

I believe Kastro26 has the Gen 2 ABD full carbon case, including midcase, that uses the "Z" rubber strap and "Z" movement and dial. Did ABD update the crystal for the Gen 2 btw?

If we are comparing the Gen 2 ABD to the ZF...c'mon guys, is there really any comparison? I mean, we all have eyes right?

Reactions: SuperLory

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
If we are comparing the Gen 2 ABD to the ZF...c'mon guys, is there really any comparison? I mean, we all have eyes right?

Mate, can you clarify a thing. There is one thread where a member measured his ABD to be 15,66mm and another where he measured it to be 15,2mm. Do you know why there is such a difference in thickness? 15,2mm is not that bad. But 15,66mm is too much for my wrist for example.

littowun

Known Member
1/6/19
Not Applicable
Mate, can you clarify a thing. There is one thread where a member measured his ABD to be 15,66mm and another where he measured it to be 15,2mm. Do you know why there is such a difference in thickness? 15,2mm is not that bad. But 15,66mm is too much for my wrist for example.

Those are both from me. I always take pics on a granite countertop with backsplash so you know those pics are mine.

I don't know how to properly measure the bezel thickness with a digital caliper. I did it twice and got both results. That is for the Gen 1. The Gen 1 is a modded Z Factory watch.

The Gen 2 that Kastro has is already ~14.XXmm and is a full ABD carbon case.

Kastro26

8/11/18
Lion City, Singapore
I believe Kastro26 has the Gen 2 ABD full carbon case, including midcase, that uses the "Z" rubber strap and "Z" movement and dial. Did ABD update the crystal for the Gen 2 btw?

Yes its with the updated crystal as well. I have it with the custom yellow velcro but haven't posted any pics yet. Might do so later on if the sun is out.

Last edited:
Reactions: SuperLory

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Those are both from me. I always take pics on a granite countertop with backsplash so you know those pics are mine.

I don't know how to properly measure the bezel thickness with a digital caliper. I did it twice and got both results. That is for the Gen 1. The Gen 1 is a modded Z Factory watch.

The Gen 2 that Kastro has is already ~14.XXmm and is a full ABD carbon case.

Oh yes. Now i remember. True that.

Seriously, it's 14-something mm? That's good because they look really good. The bezel, case, crown, everything. Do you the price of the ABD gen 2 full carbon and gen 1 "Z" factory mod?

Maybe you should put info on the gen 2 / gen 1 in your excellent break down on popular RM 035 02 models :) there it's only written as the Z factory ABD mod.

Last edited:

Kastro26

8/11/18
Lion City, Singapore

Seriously, it's 14-something mm? That's good because they look really good. The bezel, case, crown, everything. Do you the price of the ABD gen 2 full carbon and gen 1 "Z" factory mod?

Maybe you should put info on the gen 2 / gen 1 in your excellent break down on popular RM 035 02 models :) there it's only written as the Z factory ABD mod.

Due to a previous issue of miscommunication of quote of price/date. I dont feel good about posting prices. Gotta be extra careful. Dont wanna end up causing anything unnecessary.

Last edited:
Reactions: jm_brc_7057

littowun

Known Member
1/6/19
Not Applicable

Can't speak for others but I have no problems being transparent with the price I paid.

I paid: $1030 -- $950 watch + $35 Z velcro strap + $45 DHL. After messaging other forum members who bought the Gen 1, it became clear I paid on the very high end of the spectrum. Lesson learned. I'm still a fan of ABD for sure, but something to keep in mind. And just a month or so later the full carbon case came out and was being sold for $1,200 also so sucks for me ^_^; but as we all know, that's the name of the game.

I can update the thread, no problem, just didn't think anyone really read it. There is no official "Gen 1" or "Gen 2" btw. I just made up that naming scheme so folks can follow along easier. ABD is like Tesla, there are improvements being made all the time.

I'm sure by now the RM035 being released is already a "v2.5" or "v3' by now, in terms of additional improvements.

Last edited:

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
This is a ZF thread, I've made my position clear on my feelings of the ZF bezel so I've refrained from commenting further too much to be respectful.

But you're coming off a bit strong, mate. On the AP sub-forum, folks who take such strong positions with such confidence as you do, actually own the gen counterparts and/or have done extensive franken projects to justify their expertise. How about you? What is your base of reference? Other than having purchased a few reps like the RM027/RM001 which rest of us have done as well.

I was at the Beverly Hills RM Boutique a little bit ago, handled the gen RM035 and I must say I prefer even my Gen 1 ABD modded "Z" to the "ZF".

I apologise if I speak out of turn, I am no more qualified than anyone else in this regard, I have a pair of eyes and an opinion and that is all.

I will say I have not seen detailed pictures of the “Gen2” ABD. There is a picture on their Instagram of what look to be a Z+F (I assume this may be the Gen 2 you refer to) as well as a video they posted which was poorly lit so the side of the case could not be clearly seen, to me it looked like the same old metal mid case with grooves to make it appear layered, but hard to tell.

I’m quite happy to see detailed pictures of it from someone who owns one. I’m always eager to learn and form a more informed decision. But I’m afraid I trust nothing that ABD says or posts themselves. They claimed their products were “completely custom made” which actually turned out to be a lie, and their story changed so many times regarding the Z+F and what could or couldn’t be done to mod it, all ultimately leading to their DO NOT BUY FROM ME status on this forum.

Lets see some pics of this Gen2?!?

DC

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Here’s a pic from their Instagram. The watch in this picture is quite obviously a Z+F... so, is this the Gen2? Or are they modding the Z+F now despite the fact that they said it was garbage?!?

3-B6-B4847-67-E8-4-C74-B8-B3-4-CCFBE405-C65.jpg

DC

Last edited:

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Can't speak for others but I have no problems being transparent with the price I paid.

I paid: $1030 -- $950 watch + $35 Z velcro strap + $45 DHL. After messaging other forum members who bought the Gen 1, it became clear I paid on the very high end of the spectrum. Lesson learned. I'm still a fan of ABD for sure, but something to keep in mind. And just a month or so later the full carbon case came out and was being sold for $950 also so sucks for me ^_^;

I can update the thread, no problem, didn't think anyone really read about it. There is no official Gen 1 or Gen 2 btw. I just made up that naming scheme so folks can follow along easier. ABD is like Tesla, there are improvements being made all the time.

I'm sure by now the RM035 being released is already a v2.5 or v3 by now.

Thanks mate for the information. I didn't know it. The full carbon case sounds interesting. The price is high, but acceptable if it's a nice rep.

Kastro26 i understand mate. No problem. I saw the thread you are referring to. Do you know the thickness of your full carbon case? Can you please post some pictures of it. I found one of your posts:
https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...g-today/page94
Is this the "gen 2" ABD full carbon case modded one?

Taken from one of your posts:

fffbe415da77e77a34d1eb1447bea515.jpg

Last edited:

Kastro26

8/11/18
Lion City, Singapore

I paid: $1030 -- $950 watch + $35 Z velcro strap + $45 DHL. After messaging other forum members who bought the Gen 1, it became clear I paid on the very high end of the spectrum. Lesson learned. I'm still a fan of ABD for sure, but something to keep in mind. And just a month or so later the full carbon case came out and was being sold for $1,200 also so sucks for me ^_^; but as we all know, that's the name of the game.

I can update the thread, no problem, didn't think anyone really read about it. There is no official "Gen 1" or "Gen 2" btw. I just made up that naming scheme so folks can follow along easier. ABD is like Tesla, there are improvements being made all the time.

I'm sure by now the RM035 being released is already a v2.5 or v3 by now.

Since littowun has done so in a way, i guess i could also state how much i paid for gen 2.

Total= $1585 -- $1200 watch with Z rubber -- $350 for a custom velcro strap -- $35 for DHL to Singapore.

A story about it was i actually ordered the Gen 1. But the ABD custom case came out 2 weeks later and i asked if it was possible to switch. And im glad i did. My velcro took a while to arrive as the one that came with the watch originally was too big as i messed up the measurements.

ABD was nice enough to get one made again and shipped to me without any extra costs even though it was my fault. (Hence the pics i posted in another thread had rubber).

_DC_ I have posted the gen 2 in the picture thread. I might post one again today since its on the velcro and looks way better.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Since littowun has done so in a way, i guess i could also state how much i paid for gen 2.

Total= $1585 -- $1200 watch with Z rubber -- $350 for a custom velcro strap -- $35 for DHL to Singapore.

A story about it was i actually ordered the Gen 1. But the ABD custom case came out 2 weeks later and i asked if it was possible to switch. And im glad i did. My velcro took a while to arrive as the one that came with the watch originally was too big as i messed up the measurements.

ABD was nice enough to get one made again and shipped to me without any extra costs even though it was my fault. (Hence the pics i posted in another thread had rubber).

_DC_ I have posted the gen 2 in the picture thread. I might post one again today since its on the velcro and looks way better.

This is yours gen 2 with the full carbon case:
https://youtu.be/xd5K50dfztk
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...ch-richard-mille-are-you-wearing-today/page94

What is the thickness, mate?

Kastro26

8/11/18
Lion City, Singapore
Kastro26 i understand mate. No problem. I saw the thread you are referring to. Do you know the thickness of your full carbon case? Can you please post some pictures of it. I found one of your posts:

This is not my watch. Its another member's watch that i reposted. Ill see if i can take a pic of it later on with the velcro. Mine is the one with the fat hands and yellow rubber. Hahaha

littowun

Known Member
1/6/19
Not Applicable
Here’s a pic from their Instagram. The watch in this picture is quite obviously a Z+F... so, is this the Gen2? Or are they modding the Z+F now despite the fact that they said it was garbage?!?

3-B6-B4847-67-E8-4-C74-B8-B3-4-CCFBE405-C65.jpg

DC

Hi, from my experience chatting with the ABD crew, there is always a lot of lost in translation there. For the ABD crew, from their perspective, they think what they are showing is completely, blatantly/beyond obvious but for the layman like us we have no idea what they are trying to convey when they post a pic.

I'm pretty sure ABD is illustrating here how terrible the Zebra ZF bezel is here compared to the others.

Kastro26

8/11/18
Lion City, Singapore
Thanks mate for the information. I didn't know it. The full carbon case sounds interesting. The price is high, but acceptable if it's a nice rep.

I dont have a digital caliber on me so i cant say how thick it exactly is.. but it fits me nice fine. I still find it a lil too small for my hands.. but then again i have a 22cm wrist.

littowun

Known Member
1/6/19
Not Applicable

I am fairly certain it this is a "Gen 1" modded Z Factory.

You can tell because the modded Z bezel is extra flaky and shiny, while not faithful to Gen, is how I like it. Also the screws are not darkened. In consequent versions, they also darkened the screws. The crystal looks better than mine though, but that can be manipulated by angled photography ^_^

Mercedesslr

Supporter
Certified
2/12/19
I personally contacted ABD and was quoted $1200 for the watch with the updated real carbon, clear jewels and darkening of the base plate. I tried to see if he would take my ZF and he said no as they buy the watch and do it fully themselves. He did say the "ZF is not real carbon and that anyone who knows real carbon will tell you that" I figure this, If Nike can make an Air Jordan 11 for $200 with a carbon fiber springboard shank plate in China, They can probably make a $600 carbon watch.

Last edited: