• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

35-1 KVF or Z

asuwere

2/6/19
Who's got the best rep of this one now? I've only been able to find pictures of the Z.

67805152_1100536716807515_3469326411330221160_n.jpg

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
The ZF release which only Puretime seem to have listed is the closest in terms of case shape, with a narrower bezel and smaller looking screws. KVF and Z Factory (which isn’t the same as ZF apparently) still have too thick bezel which makes the crystal and dial look too small. No one has attempted to do a full carbon case, no idea why, but right now I’d say ZF is the best buy ...

https://puretimewatch.io/rm035-02-n...eton-dial-on-red-rubber-strap-miyota8215.html

DC

asuwere

2/6/19
The ZF release which only Puretime seem to have listed is the closest in terms of case shape, with a narrower bezel and smaller looking screws. KVF and Z Factory (which isn’t the same as ZF apparently) still have too thick bezel which makes the crystal and dial look too small. No one has attempted to do a full carbon case, no idea why, but right now I’d say ZF is the best buy ...

https://puretimewatch.io/rm035-02-n...eton-dial-on-red-rubber-strap-miyota8215.html

DC

Thanks. I just noticed the bezel margin width as an issue to be aware of. A non-trusted dealer I've talked with said that Z has the latest version out now and it is indeed a full carbon case. Sounds like that's the way to go.

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Thanks. I just noticed the bezel margin width as an issue to be aware of. A non-trusted dealer I've talked with said that Z has the latest version out now and it is indeed a full carbon case. Sounds like that's the way to go.

That non TD has lied to you, there is no full carbon case version available as of right now, it’s being worked on but is a long way off yet, all reps have metal mid cases!

DC

asuwere

2/6/19
That's disappointing. The mid-case looks updated at least. This is metal?

IMG-5248.jpg
h

IMG-5247.jpg

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
That's disappointing. The mid-case looks updated at least. This is metal?

IMG-5248.jpg
h

IMG-5247.jpg

Yeah it’s metal with ridges to make it look like it’s in layers, but it’s not. I actually take back what I said about the ZF being the best. The more I look at it on Puretimes website the less I like it. The bezel shape and thickness looks good, but the movement deco is terrible, really thick black rim around all the bridges which doesn’t exist at all on the gen. Maybe the ABD custom version of the Z factory one is actually better?!

DC

asuwere

2/6/19
Have you ever heard of KL factory? They also have this one.

TheDonSL

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/13

DC

Where do you see a ZF release RM on puretime? They only list Z maker which I don’t believe is the same.

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Where do you see a ZF release RM on puretime? They only list Z maker which I don’t believe is the same.

The more I look the more I agree with you, but the whole Z thing has become very confusing. There was a Z factory release a while back (the one with the better carbon pattern) and then all of a sudden this one turned up on Puretime with a different more accurate case shape, calling itself ‘Z maker’ and as it was new and only on Puretime (who had been banging on about ZF for years) assumption was that this was it... but looking at it now I don’t believe it is, as the case is great but the deco is a shocker, and if ZF are good at anything it’s generally movement deco!

So, is this new one the same Z factory as the previous release? If so why does no one else (including Insta sellers) have it yet? And if not then do we now have ZF, Z Factory and Z Maker all different factories?!?

My poor head is going to explode!

DC

asuwere

2/6/19
The more I look the more I agree with you, but the whole Z thing has become very confusing. There was a Z factory release a while back (the one with the better carbon pattern) and then all of a sudden this one turned up on Puretime with a different more accurate case shape, calling itself ‘Z maker’ and as it was new and only on Puretime (who had been banging on about ZF for years) assumption was that this was it... but looking at it now I don’t believe it is, as the case is great but the deco is a shocker, and if ZF are good at anything it’s generally movement deco!

So, is this new one the same Z factory as the previous release? If so why does no one else (including Insta sellers) have it yet? And if not then do we now have ZF, Z Factory and Z Maker all different factories?!?

My poor head is going to explode!

DC

Well, here's more. This new Z factory release on Puretime looks just last last years release from KL. Both try to rep the RMAL1 calibre. KV's current rep is of the RMUL3 and so is the latest KL. Of the three, the KL looks the best to me.

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Well, here's more. This new Z factory release on Puretime looks just last last years release from KL. Both try to rep the RMAL1 calibre. KV's current rep is of the RMUL3 and so is the latest KL. Of the three, the KL looks the best to me.

I’ve never heard of or seen a KL?!? Care to post a pic?!

DC

BIONONE

28/4/17
Almost every RM maker keeps pushing those horrible cases... while the improve on the carbon pattern - no one pays any attention for the curvature.

... which can be easily looked up at RM‘s website for example. Blueprints would be better but the CGI of the RM35 should do the thing as well.

even i made a vector file of the side profile of the RM35 just for fun... why cant they do it? :D
will upload it later in the hope of the chinese copy our shared insights. Wouldnt be the first time lol

Last edited:

TheDonSL

28/12/13
If that Z maker on puretime is really ZF then it’s a huge letdown... oh well...

asuwere

2/6/19
Almost every RM maker keeps pushing those horrible cases... while the improve on the carbon pattern - no one pays any attention for the curvature.

... which can be easily looked up at RM‘s website for example. Blueprints would be better but the CGI of the RM35 should do the thing as well.

even i made a vector file of the side profile of the RM35 just for fun... why cant they do it? :D
will upload it later in the hope of the chinese copy our shared insights. Wouldnt be the first time lol

Do it. It will be put to use if seen for sure. Somewhere in the chain it will be someone's job and it'll be just a bit easier for him to download it.

asuwere

2/6/19
Took the words straight outta my mouth, lol!

DC

Because of the curvature? We must be looking at completely different aspects of the whole thing. Maybe the reason why no one seems to get these reps right is because no one can figure out precisely what people are complaining about. I've never been tempted to buy any RM rep at all because they look comically bad like something from a toy store. But this is the first one that's tempting.