• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New RM 001!

capnjazz

Known Member
10/4/15
Looks good but too bad dial is so flat.
They could rise slightly more screws and gears.
gen for reference.

overall it’s a nice rep.

I was thinking that same thing, it seems to lack depth in the dial/exposed gears that the gen has. I imagine that is a compromise made to fit the movement/tourby in this without making the case extremely thick. Overall a very temping rep to pickup...

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
I was thinking that same thing, it seems to lack depth in the dial/exposed gears that the gen has. I imagine that is a compromise made to fit the movement/tourby in this without making the case extremely thick. Overall a very temping rep to pickup...

I was thinking about getting one but I think I will skip this rm001 rep.
I’m tempted by KVF rm11-3.

aquamac

Pamaholic
Certified
28/6/16
UK
OK guys, as promised, here are some more pics see the interesting last pic compared to the RM11:

RM015.jpg

RM016.jpg

RM017.jpg

RM018.jpg

RM019.jpg

rankiba

Renowned Member
26/4/13
OK guys, as promised, here are some more pics see the interesting last pic compared to the RM11:

RM015.jpg

RM016.jpg

RM017.jpg

RM018.jpg

RM019.jpg

thanks for the video, the side to side comparison is really good, it shows that even though this rep is thicker than gen it's slimmer than most RM out there, very impressive

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
Looks phenomenal!

To the nitpickers, I’d recommend going and buying a Rolex rep. Come on guys, get real, this rep exceeds any expectation I had of any RM rep, what does it take to please you people?!

DC

this is the best RM rep out imo, that video on the wrist confirmed it.

Reactions: theREALgoat

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Best rm case I’ve seen

Now im not a great fun of steel ...rm001 was only steel ?

theREALgoat

Patron
Certified
14/8/14
Best rm case I’ve seen

Now im not a great fun of steel ...rm001 was only steel ?

It was made in both steel and white gold I believe, only 20 or so were made. These steel cases are stamped as white gold

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Looks phenomenal!

To the nitpickers, I’d recommend going and buying a Rolex rep. Come on guys, get real, this rep exceeds any expectation I had of any RM rep, what does it take to please you people?!

DC

Yeah but for some reason I thought dial would look slightly better. It’s not that complex.
Even if screws weren’t silver and slightly higher. Some small refinement would make huge difference.
in my opinion KV RM11-3 dial looks more gen.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
I just noticed the "Sweiss Made" on the case-back, they had to put this one flaw LOL

Reactions: SuperLory

aquamac

Pamaholic
Certified
28/6/16
UK
Here is something interesting, removing the 4 star "strap" screws do not give access to changing the strap as the screws are short and basically for decoration - the thread is only the depth of the bezel. My 5 prong tool does not fit the 5 prong screws so I cannot remove the front or back bezel to see how to access the strap. I may have to modify the tool to fit the screws. I have a red Gen RM 011 strap that may fit (looks the same thickness and shape) if I could only gain access, but I don't want to chew up the 5 star screws!

Anyone come across this before?

theREALgoat

Patron
Certified
14/8/14
Here is something interesting, removing the 4 star "strap" screws do not give access to changing the strap as the screws are short and basically for decoration - the thread is only the depth of the bezel. My 5 prong tool does not fit the 5 prong screws so I cannot remove the front or back bezel to see how to access the strap. I may have to modify the tool to fit the screws. I have a red Gen RM 011 strap that may fit (looks the same thickness and shape) if I could only gain access, but I don't want to chew up the 5 star screws!

Anyone come across this before?

If the strap was put on, it can be taken off. I think trying to see if the strap changing tool could be sourced straight from JBF would be a good place to start.

aquamac

Pamaholic
Certified
28/6/16
UK
Hi, yes, I guess that would be a reasonable place to try. I’ll see if Ryan can help.

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
Hi, yes, I guess that would be a reasonable place to try. I’ll see if Ryan can help.

Hmm, that is quite a strange one! If it’s not secured with the screws in the lugs then how on earth is it secured? There’s no other way it can be attached surely?!

Crazy if they have attached it differently, I wonder why?! But if that is the case then makes it pretty unlikely that a gen strap will fit don’t you think?!

DC

BIONONE

28/4/17
And in the end the glued it onto the case of a 800$ rep haha

dont see the point either as the traditional way how the strap is mounted is the most effective and IMO the easiest way...

aquamac

Pamaholic
Certified
28/6/16
UK
Maybe there are more screws underneath the bezel or screws under the bottom bezel. The strap does look identical in proportion to the gen one, it certainly was a surprise when I removed the screws to find the threads only a couple of mm long and the strap showing no signs of moving, however all will be revealed when the bezels come off. On most of the RM 11’s there is inconsistency in the depth of screws between the different holes whereas on this, they do look more accurate and are sunk to an identical depth.

DC, any signs of yours arriving?

Last edited: